Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah. I have nothing against the development of this emulator of course. I'm just telling that gba injection can't be beaten if we only consider pure emulation. The history will be repeated from the POPS (PS1) injection we all loved on our PSP's. The hb ps1 emulation naturally never got close to the POPS performance :)

Yeah well turning a ROM into a .cia isn't as easy a turning an PS1 ISO into executable PSP program...

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a .cia or 3ds or this emulator for GW? I checked the first page but can't see it and I'm not reading through 24 pags. Thanks.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I kinda got sidetracked from CitrAGB (again...). Partially because AGB_FIRM stuff came out and I was curious to see how that would go and where it would go, but also because SALT recently just got ARM11 stuff, so the amount of work needed there is quite a bit. I'll probably give .cia another go once I feel like SALT's ARM11 stuff is a bit more settled down.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I kinda got sidetracked from CitrAGB (again...). Partially because AGB_FIRM stuff came out and I was curious to see how that would go and where it would go, but also because SALT recently just got ARM11 stuff, so the amount of work needed there is quite a bit. I'll probably give .cia another go once I feel like SALT's ARM11 stuff is a bit more settled down.
You're doing this for free, so no rush, man. We all appreciate your hard work.

Reactions: Derverd

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Don't let us rely on the AGB_FIRM stuff, it's complicated and an emulator could easily beat it...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Don't let us rely on the AGB_FIRM stuff, it's complicated and an emulator could easily beat it...
it would be neater i guess to make use of the agb firm stuff, and somehow inject the rom in to it on the fly etc, that would be very cool.
but yes with an emulator you can have some extra options like save states

Reactions: Derverd

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it would be neater i guess to make use of the agb firm stuff, and somehow inject the rom in to it on the fly etc, that would be very cool.

like with 3DS virtual console for GB and GBC
but idk for gba

Reactions: cearp

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuff like that's no fun since you're just making a simple tool to deal with someone else's code. If anything, a complete ground-up rebuild of AGB_FIRM would be pretty much ideal. It'd be waaay too much work, though.

Reactions: WhoAmI? and cearp

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Stuff like that's no fun since you're just making a simple tool to deal with someone else's code. If anything, a complete ground-up rebuild of AGB_FIRM would be pretty much ideal. It'd be waaay too much work, though.
I thought it was just a matter of poking some registers and loading the rom/save into the right places? (and of course saving the save back out when you quit)

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little off topic, but has anyone taken one of Nintendo's official emulators, be it AGB, GBC, NES, etc and disassembled it? It seems like there's some parts that excel in performance compared to homebrew emulators (take the Wii's N64 VC vs. wii64). Sure the homebrew ones are generally more compatible, but it seems like some run slower, or have graphical/audio quirks.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was just a matter of poking some registers and loading the rom/save into the right places? (and of course saving the save back out when you quit)
Well, we'd need a fuller understanding of ARM7's configuration and startup first, and there'd need to be a bit of ARM11 code for handling framebuf stuff (and some other things?) It's definitely possible, you'd just need to get your feet super wet in AGB_FIRM before you got results.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Linear filtering would kill whatever scaling Nintendo uses for their GBA VC stuff. It looks awful to cherrypicking eyes. Also custom button mappings please, I can't run and jump at the same time on B and A on a 3DS, the button's angles are completely different than on a GBA.

Reactions: Idaho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1