Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just haven't really gotten around to getting .cia working at all. Still being funky in regards to displaying stuff and whatnot, might have changed while I wasn't looking but I haven't tested it.

However in leu of ninjhax 2.0 being released soon, I figured I'd best fix up CitrAGB before I get flooded with questions on Twitter/here. First things first, you can finally load ROMs from folders. Frankly that was way overdue. Navigation through folders works properly as well, and you can also exit the menu without loading a game by pressing 'X'. While prepping for .cia support I also got us a snazzy new icon as well:
47eyIYM.jpg

In addition to those fixes, I also did some prepping for ninjhax 2.0 coming soon. For now, due to ninjhax's lack of hb service and a lack of detection for ninjhax (for now), .cia building is there, but will default to interpreter mode unless modified manually to use SVC 0x7B. If you are on 9.2 or below and running the .cia, it will try to do libkhax, also not sure how well that will turn out. Frankly I haven't been able to get it to show a menu anyways so if someone somehow manages to get that working I might fix that. Aside from .cia support, since ninjhax 2.0 will work perfectly fine on existing 9.2 and below devices, CitrAGB will check the kernel version and if it is able to do memchunkhax on it, kernel dynrec support will be used. Otherwise on newer devices, it will fall back to interpreter mode due to the lack of HB_ReprotectMemory in 2.0 anyhow.

TLDR;
  • You can load ROMs from folders now
  • Snazzy new icon
  • .cia support is still borked
  • CitrAGB will support ninjhax 2.0, 9.2 and below gets faster kernel emulation and 9.3 and above uses interpreter

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well hopefully there can be a .3ds Version at least. For some of us, Ninjhax is kind of a pain to attempt to load/run especially on the N3DS
That probably won't ever happen. That would only benefit Gateway users, which probably isn't in Shineys interest, when Gateway users can also use cia's and Ninjhax.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That probably won't ever happen. That would only benefit Gateway users, which probably isn't in Shineys interest, when Gateway users can also use cia's and Ninjhax.
I couldn't care less how it's ran since it's just homebrew anyways. The main issue is that it simply just refuses to work as a .cia (that and I don't think I've gotten any extra svc's to work yet either). It's kinda sucky though because testing .cia support burns me out really quickly going between installing and testing and copying over the .cia.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, with Ninjhax covering up to 9.8 soon, I imagine Gateway users can just run your emulator through a cN rom. Sooo, a .cia isn't too important right now.
That being said, maybe someone could come and help...?

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, with Ninjhax covering up to 9.8 soon, I imagine Gateway users can just run your emulator through a cN rom. Sooo, a .cia isn't too important right now.
That being said, maybe someone could come and help...?
A CFW USER Will never get whole world with CN rom,wether GW or cakesfw,rxtools.
Whether below 9.2 or on 9.8,they can't use libkhax,which means no dynamic recompilation.
Just interpreter.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
A CFW USER Will never get whole world with CN rom,wether GW or cakesfw,rxtools.
Whether below 9.2 or on 9.8,they can't use libkhax,which means no dynamic recompilation.
Just interpreter.

Actually rxTools devmode on sysnand allows for libkhax and other kernel exploits normally blocked by CFW that uses firmlaunchhax to firmalaunch newer native firm. So your statement isn't entirely true. :P

(on 3.x version of rxTools, DevMode is found in the advanced menu)

I know this works because I was able to launch Decrypt9 from Ninjhax (from a CIA of Cubic Ninja no less) while in "devMode" from rxTools.

Reactions: DSoryu

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Actually rxTools devmode on sysnand allows for libkhax and other kernel exploits normally blocked by CFW that uses firmlaunchhax to firmalaunch newer native firm. So your statement isn't entirely true. :P

I know this works because I was able to launch Decrypt9 from Ninjhax (from a CIA of Cubic Ninja no less) while in "devMode" from rxTools.

Well,I finally get what devmode can do,Dynrec works on my 9.2 sysnand now:lol:

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

So this is what devMode is for, so it means it can ve used to update using sysUpdater without any risk of brick (RXmode Sysnand blocks NATIVE_FIRM, so I suppose devMode isn't)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well hopefully there can be a .3ds Version at least. For some of us, Ninjhax is kind of a pain to attempt to load/run especially on the N3DS

.3ds format should really be forgotten when it comes to homebrews, this crap is useless and doesn't even support sound properly, .cia and .3dsx should be the only focus, if only there was a .cia version of the hmebrew launcher, that would solve so many problems and we could have only .3dsx homebrews :)

Last edited by Idaho,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So this is what devMode is for, so it means it can ve used to update using sysUpdater without any risk of brick (RXmode Sysnand blocks NATIVE_FIRM, so I suppose devMode isn't)

Yes, it should be safe to use sysupdater in DevMode since it doesn't change the version of native_firm being used which was known for causing it to not update native_firm correctly.

D

Deleted User

.3ds format should really be forgotten when it comes to homebrews, this crap is useless and doesn't even support sound properly, .cia and .3dsx should be the only focus, if only there was a .cia version of the hmebrew launcher, that would solve so many problems and we could have only .3dsx homebrews :)
.3ds does support sound if you set up the RSF properly. It just takes an extra step.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All will come when it's done. He's stated several times that he's been busy with other stuff, and the Cia is still a work in progress.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI, libkhax fails to work from ninjhax 2.0, so devices on 9.2 and below cannot currently use dynrec properly (and the app will crash and burn). Not sure what the cause is, but I'm fairly certain it's outside the scope of CitrAGB.

Reactions: Idaho

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI, libkhax fails to work from ninjhax 2.0, so devices on 9.2 and below cannot currently use dynrec properly (and the app will crash and burn). Not sure what the cause is, but I'm fairly certain it's outside the scope of CitrAGB.
So what's the solution, if there is any?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: