Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest Citra bleeding edge MAC version because I complied it and Kid Icarus isn't playable. Still swirl on the black screen. Yes I have a home folder as well. @_@
I think KI is broken on the newest versions, you'll have to do some looking around I think. I haven't found any builds that play it full speed.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think KI is broken on the newest versions, you'll have to do some looking around I think. I haven't found any builds that play it full speed.

The same for Zelda A Link Between Worlds. Click Begin and explore around the garden etc is continuously and won't let me play at all! Yeah.. as you said broken on the newest versions. Sighing. I will compile day by day to find the right one. :)

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Leakers gonna get banned too.

Discussing or asking for support with these games pre-official release will get you banned on official forums and discord.
Please be nice and keep these official threads clean about it too.

Wether gbatemp allows this kind of discussion is a different matter, but don't trash this topic about it.
As the "Citra unofficial build" topic is more distant from the project you might be allowed to post about it there, but I'd personally prefer if you did not mention the game at all. - it's illegaly obtained after all. However, it's up to the gbatemp staff to decide how this situation is handled.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whether gbatemp allows this kind of discussion is a different matter, but don't trash this topic about it.
As the "Citra unofficial build" topic is more distant from the project you might be allowed to post about it there, but I'd personally prefer if you did not mention the game at all. - it's illegaly obtained after all. However, it's up to the gbatemp staff to decide how this situation is handled.
Our official stance is that we don't question or pry into how our users obtain games. For all we know, they might have got an early copy from their local game shop.

As such I won't heavily moderate the Unofficial Citra thread unless it's blatant that they're talking about a pirated copy. Although, I'll respect the Citra authors' wishes in the official thread (this one) and remove every mention of the games until their official release.

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Capturar.JPG

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have a question . Can I extract the save file from a Pokémon game in Citra ? Like with JK's save manager in homebrew ?
If you mean running JK's save manager in citra, it is not support yet (some function is not implemented). But since citra stores the save in plain text without wrapper, you can just move out the save file under `user/sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/0000...0/0000...0/title/00040000/<game-id>/data/00000001/` to "extract" the save

Piezahummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you mean running JK's save manager in citra, it is not support yet (some function is not implemented). But since citra stores the save in plain text without wrapper, you can just move out the save file under `user/sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/0000...0/0000...0/title/00040000/<game-id>/data/00000001/` to "extract" the save
Could you tell how to do that ? I'm a noob .

wwylele

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Could you tell how to do that ? I'm a noob .
You don't need actually to do something. The files in the path I gave above should be the same structure as the one that extract from real 3DS using JK's save manager. Just copy and paste those files

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Read the topic (last page) again: We'll only allow Pokemon Sun & Moon discussions after the official release.
Most (= all?) currently available ROM dumps have been obtained illegally one way or another.

We (Citra contributors and maintainers) do not condone these illegal activities.
By playing games pre-release or using piracy you risk the future of Citra and could get its developers and also yourself in (legal) trouble.
Any legal actions taken against the project will be disputed and redirected at users who did violate laws.

Last edited by JayFoxRox,

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
U cannot prove that :creep:

Ofcourse I can:

Nintendo doesn't allow selling these games yet, so unless you are part of the development staff you have pirated it.
However, if you are part of the staff and release / use the game prior to release, you violate your NDA of your employer.

And eshope wise: If you stole the cryptokey or reverse-engineered the game for the sole purpose of circumventing copy-protection measures you did also violate the DMCA in the US and similar laws in the EU.

So eitherway - some illegal action is necessary to play the game at this point.
Stop bending law how you want it to be. You very clearly should know that what some of you do is illegal.

Back to topic please.

---

@Floppy Fork You'd almost think they'd call a feature like that "Force" for that reason - oh wait.. they did. :rolleyes:
Note that you don't really need it though as you could probably use (modified) upscaled rendering to render at even higher resolutions, resulting in far better image quality.

Reactions: Leo121

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ofcourse I can:

Nintendo doesn't allow selling these games yet, so unless you are part of the development staff you have pirated it.
However, if you are part of the staff and release / use the game prior to release, you violate your NDA of your employer.

And eshope wise: If you stole the cryptokey or reverse-engineered the game for the sole purpose of circumventing copy-protection measures you did also violate the DMCA in the US and similar laws in the EU.

So eitherway - some illegal action is necessary to play the game at this point.
Stop bending law how you want it to be. You very clearly should know that what some of you do is illegal.

Back to topic please.

---

@Floppy Fork You'd almost think they'd call a feature like that "Force" for that reason - oh wait.. they did. :rolleyes:
Note that you don't really need it though as you could probably use (modified) upscaled rendering to render at even higher resolutions, resulting in far better image quality.
How exactly would i be able to do that =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise. +1