Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

JayFoxRox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unless you implement it, not anytime soon..
There are far more serious issues in the codebase. Furthermore texture filtering could be implemented in a seperate project (so I don't even really see the need for it ~ I prefer modularity).

Reactions: Sandder9

Asagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've been following citra but I dont write much with work and playing games haven't written here. Any luck in booting Monster Hunter games yet? all i see or most videos are for mario and those games.

Kionea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything I can do about the audio in Majora's Mask? The actual speed is fine, it's just slowdowns in audio that are keeping me from playing it. It's so close to being like, 90% perfect.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Guys when will we get basic analog support or even fullscreen mode? I just wanna be able to fully use the analog on ocarina of time ;-; citra devs please make it happen

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Guys when will we get basic analog support or even fullscreen mode? I just wanna be able to fully use the analog on ocarina of time ;-; citra devs please make it happen
If by analog, you mean controller support, then there's already a PR for it. As for other features, it's open source. Anyone who's interested can help implement it. There's a workaround to get fullscreen using third party software.

Alex S

Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Also i figured out the cause of the slowdown in luigis mansion dark moon. The game puts down a video filter at all times that is briefly disabled and renabled when selecting a mission. This filter is the reason for the slowdown as the same graphical effect slows down majoras mask 3d :P if there is a way to disable this effect we could get full speed luigi ^-^
Thought the developers would want to know.

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Also i figured out the cause of the slowdown in luigis mansion dark moon. The game puts down a video filter at all times that is briefly disabled and renabled when selecting a mission. This filter is the reason for the slowdown as the same graphical effect slows down majoras mask 3d :P if there is a way to disable this effect we could get full speed luigi ^-^
Thought the developers would want to know.
I don't see why you'd want the devs to disable effects just for the sole purpose of gaining speed. There are more important things than that. The slow speed of this game is probably caused by the emulator falling back to the interpreter because of unimplemented instructions in JIT.

Alex S

Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why you'd want the devs to disable effects just for the sole purpose of gaining speed. There are more important things than that. The slow speed of this game is probably caused by the emulator falling back to the interpreter because of unimplemented instructions in JIT.

Just as a workaround. Ill try to create a cheat to do this. Im not asking the developers to disable the feature, i just wanted to explain why it slows down.

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana

If by analog, you mean controller support, then there's already a PR for it. As for other features, it's open source. Anyone who's interested can help implement it. There's a workaround to get fullscreen using third party software.

i tried making a fullscreen feature using the backends inbuild window control, was pretty much able to make it for the sdl backend and added a -f parameter for start control( no hotkey). working with the qt citra was more difficult. i was able to make it fullscreen but with the menu showing, and i could make a hotkey for it. i am suspending work on it until the imput overhaul PR gets merged.

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
i tried making a fullscreen feature using the backends inbuild window control, was pretty much able to make it for the sdl backend and added a -f parameter for start control( no hotkey). working with the qt citra was more difficult. i was able to make it fullscreen but with the menu showing, and i could make a hotkey for it. i am suspending work on it until the imput overhaul PR gets merged.
So is the input overhaul PR conflicting with the hotkey for fullscreen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1