Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Tripleking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why do people feel the need to keep saying that? This emulator doesn't haveGPU support, and it's core is an interpreter. It'll probably be a while before it even gets to the title screen of commercial games, let alone to the point where you can get to the first pokemon battle. I doubt that Tripleking considers "crashes at first pokemon battle" as playable, and I highly doubt that he counts "Takes 30 minutes to get to the New Game/Continue Screen" as playable either.

I know it will take a while to make it working i am not even sure it will happen but i still have my hopes. people said the same for nintendo ds that it was impossible to crack.. and here we are with emulators that works with many games. :)

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Today I was pondering, why hasnt anyone decapped the SoC yet? or are they doing it behind closed doors and keeping it secret? does it really take forever to analyze? I wonder if they will try for get that kind of info for this project.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Today I was pondering, why hasnt anyone decapped the SoC yet? or are they doing it behind closed doors and keeping it secret? does it really take forever to analyze? I wonder if they will try for get that kind of info for this project.
Because money I guess. There's a group attempting this but they've stopped for now.
Though I do wonder how GW got the KeyX.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if it were me, i'd just buy a cheap broken 3ds off ebay and use my school's chem lab. lol

that thing is in many layers and i doubt a school lab would be able to do what you want it was discussed in details on the forum somewhere something about the 3ds is unique and needs advance tools or something

Dilute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So guys do we have any significant progress with the emulator, now? I've read 3dmoo executing a commercial game, so it'd be great to see Citra achieve a similar milestone, considering it was the very first 3DS emulator project.

Not for a very long time. Probably years.

Hey dude, are you by any chance on Neoseeker with the exact same username?

Reactions: Margen67

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Citra emulating Pokémon Yellow with GameYob

I don't know if this has already been posted...

There is also a speed up version on the same channel

sooooo, a PC 3DS emulator, that runs a 3DS homebrew GameBoy emulator, which loads Pokemon Yellow
the inception is strong in this one lol
but pretty nice to see the 3DS emulator starting to work better and better :-)

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered already, but where did the name Citra come from? I know Nintendo uses the initials "CTR" in a lot of 3DS-related model/serial numbers, does it have something to do with that? (Does anyone know what that stands for?)

Reactions: TsukiyoX and Hiccup

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nintendo devices have always had "codenames" when in development such as dolpin for the gamecube, then all products relating to it where given the "DOL" product code, its likely just for cataloging purposes and the development name is always used as cataloging starts before the final name is decided.

here is some examples
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/59942590/666491686

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff