Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
How would or could we get A & B to work?
As far as I can tell by the console output, this game connects to the control board differently then others, or something in that vein, which is confusing Citra. I'm no programmer though, nor am I working on Citra, so I'd have no idea how to fix it.

Oh, and A & B work along with the Start button. D-pad inputs along with L and R don't though.

Last edited by Nepeta,
Reactions: FuryTomic

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Speaking about that, do you think Citra (or any other 3DS emulator in the future) will be able to decrypt 3DS games on its own ?

Never, or in a very very distant universe. Who knows?

Cool, so I only have to create an interdimentional machine :D I'll use the LinkCable from Pokémon ORAS, or just catch Hoopa :D

Remember, nothing is impossible. I'm sure automatic ROM decryption with a computer program will become a reality in the future. The only reason why developers haven't managed yet... is because there's no information documented on the 3DS Bootrom code, which is hidden within the CPU chip. Most of the stuff is actually hidden within the CPU chip (which is also known as the SoC, short for System on Chip).

We still don't know what the 3DS common key is, nor has it been found. So until we know what the 3DS common key is, a decryption application that doesn't require a 3DS won't be made. That's why we must do anything possible to scan every data that's inside the 3DS CPU. The 3DS CPU has been decapped by some university students before, but the data within the CPU hasn't been scanned yet. So scanning all the data that's within the CPU should be our number one priority, since there's really not much that can be done with the emulator if we never do that. We can't achieve sound because the DSP is hidden within the CPU, we can't achieve auto-decryption due to the common key being hidden in the CPU chip, we can't achieve emuNAND because there are special instructions that are hidden within the CPU chip and the fact that we don't have a 3DS homebrew app that can decrypt the 3DS NAND (and we can't put in NAND keys, since every NAND key in the 3DS is unique to each individual system, even if it's hidden in the CPU).

But one day all of that will be possible, and no... we're not talking about billions of years or anything like that. It will happen eventually. Just that people need to make the effort to try and do heavy research into the code within the 3DS CPU. And I can't do it myself for many reasons, for one... I hardly can program (despite even trying to learn it), I lack knowledge in knowing what code is what, and many other things like that.

I know we're trying to be realistic here, but let's try to be positive! ^^

Source: http://gaasedelen.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/depackaging-nintendo-3ds-cpu.html

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Remember, nothing is impossible. I'm sure automatic ROM decryption with a computer program will become a reality in the future. The only reason why developers haven't managed yet... is because there's no information documented on the 3DS Bootrom

Remember, saying "nothing is impossible" is a lot easier than doing the practically almost impossible. Sure, it might happen in the future if someone with enough skill, time, and dedication comes around, but well - under the actual circumstances this is so ridiculously unlikely to happen that for all practical purposes it's better for the Average Joe to just accept that it won't ever be a thing. I don't see the point of trying to build up any hope here. It just seems like food for more stupid "Does Citra still not autodecrypt stuff?" or "It's definitely possible, people are just too dumb for it" posts (oh also, don't get me started on the "hah, remember when people said this wouldn't ever be a thing?" crowd in occasions where miraculous events lead to stuff actually becoming a thing).

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey guys! Would somebody help my with my problem?
I'm trying to set up citra 3ds to test the hombrew launcher. Not any games atm.
When I drag and drom the boot.3dsx to citra.exe i get this error.
DLsOBo2.jpg

And when I open citra-qt.exe and load the boot.3dsx I get this error.
hr6suFO.png
I have installed the latest version of visual studio and qt but nothing works. I'm also using the latest nightly. Thanks in advance!

robot56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Would somebody help my with my problem?
I'm trying to set up citra 3ds to test the hombrew launcher. Not any games atm.
When I drag and drom the boot.3dsx to citra.exe i get this error.
I have installed the latest version of visual studio and qt but nothing works. I'm also using the latest nightly. Thanks in advance!

Try updating your graphics drivers (couldn't find them for win10, so you'll have to try the ones for win8). If I'm not mistaken, Citra requires OpenGL 3.3 so make sure your drivers support OpenGL 3.3.

It seems that 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000 support upto OpenGL 3.1 according to this, so you might be out of luck running Citra for now.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Try updating your graphics drivers (couldn't find them for win10, so you'll have to try the ones for win8). If I'm not mistaken, Citra requires OpenGL 3.3 so make sure your drivers support OpenGL 3.3.

It seems that 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000 support upto OpenGL 3.1 according to this, so you might be out of luck running Citra for now.
Thanks! I'll try updating the graphics drivers tonight. :yay: Hope it works:unsure:

Reactions: Margen67

k9Dogster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem it sais cannot synchronise unitil GSP event has been created and emulation program broke execution with the reason PANIC
(Pokemon Omega Ruby)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*