Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

FuryTomic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watching emulators progress like this is seriously one of my favorite things to do. There's something very satisfying about it and I'm not sure what it is.

Im just surprised as to why the orignal Xbox has no emulator.I hope someone finds a way to emulate it on pcs

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 13218

Citra 3DS Emulator
December 23, 2014 Update
Citra is an open-source Nintendo 3DS emulator written in modern C++. It is written with portability in mind, with builds actively maintained for Windows, Linux and OS X. Citra only emulates a subset of 3DS hardware, and therefore is generally only useful for running/debugging homebrew applications. At this time, Citra is even able to boot several commercial games! None of these run to a playable state, but we are working every day to advance the project forward.
We really appreciate the continued support from everyone in the community. We encourage anyone interested to please get involved in our project!

Getting Involved
Citra has an active community of developers and we welcome any form of contribution. It is always good to get in touch with the developer community first, though. The best way to do this is via our IRC channel, #citra on Freenode. We also encourage you to check out the Contributor's Guide, Roadmap and Developer Information pages.

Supporting Citra
A number of people have asked whether they could support the project via donations. We've been a bit hesitant with setting up something like this, but ultimately realized that it would indeed make a lot of things easier. So if you're interested in helping us out, you can donate via PayPal - any donation received will go towards things like:
  • 3DS consoles - This is the most expensive, but also most helpful point. Developers can use access to actual consoles to figure out how the hardware works. Some developers have bought consoles out of their own pocket solely for reverse-engineering and never played any games with them. We would like this to be the exception, and instead give skilled developers something to work with without requiring them to pay for working on an open-source project.
  • Additional 3DS equipment - Games, flashcards, etc. All that kind of stuff which is required for testing and/or getting homebrew code execution.
  • Server costs - Web hosting, domain name, build/IRC bots, etc.
We also more than gladly accept used 3DS consoles, preferrably ones with firmware 4.5 or lower! If you would like to give yours away, don't hesitate to join our IRC channel and talk to [USER]neobrain[/USER] or [USER]bunnei[/USER].

Hey guys…
I'd like to share a project that I've been working on with a few others for the past few months – the firstpublic project to attempt 3DS emulation. "Citra" (https://github.com/citra-emu/citrahttps://github.com/bunnei/citra) is an experimental Nintendo 3DS emulator/debugger written in C++ (and licensed under GPLv2).

At this time, it is in the very initial stages of development, and is only capable of running homebrew. It currently supports:
  • ARM9/ARM11 interpreter for the 3DS "appcore" – the processor core dedicated to running user applications
  • (Some) OS HLE to support userland interaction with the various 3DS OS services
  • Loading of ELF and launcher.dat files
  • Framebuffer rendering
  • Debugger with ARM11 disassembler, register view, callstack and symbol loading (written in Qt)
  • Supported on both Linux and Windows (MS Visual Studio 2013 Express)
I want to emphasize that for the long-term, this project will only (potentially) be useful to developers – there are manynon-existent components that are absolutely essential to even loading a commercial game (and furthermore there is no gamepad or hardware 3D support, among many many other things).​

Anyone interested in the project please checkout #citra on Freenode – there is no website/forums.

Smealum's yeti3DS port (ARM11) single-window mode on Windows 8:
View attachment 7529

TE3DS (ARM9) running in Qt debugger on Windows 8:
View attachment 7530

Mandelbrot 3DS demo (ARM9) running in Qt debugger on Ubuntu:
View attachment 7531

More demos running: http://imgur.com/a/4qE81

EDIT: The official project repository is now https://github.com/citra-emu/citra
Ia december 23 the latest release? If I built the most recent from github, would it be better?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Such a thing exists?
28UyBM6.gif

Anyways, just keep an eye on compatibility lists. It's going to be some time before any decent games are in a playable state.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Config block 0xA0001 with flags 2 and size 2 was not found -> Can anyone explain what's the cause of this error?
That is now my new favorite gif.

Yeah, translations would be a lot better if we had good debugging capabilities.

Oh to me making the game runnable and good ol' memory editor would go a long way already. All I need to make at least small adjustments :)
At least we can see that there's constant progress, so we know I'll be there one day.

Reactions: Pablitox

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
if it is for a game you are running on citra, please post the report on their github issue tracker.

Please don't. We don't want any issue tracker spam by people who prematurely try to run specific games and who most likely have no idea how to provide helpful information anyway.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please don't. We don't want any issue tracker spam by people who prematurely try to run specific games and who most likely have no idea how to provide helpful information anyway.
I knew this was coming :P Don't worry, I was rather just technically interested, I won't spam the tracker. From what I gather it's a function that is yet unsupported that's causing that exception, no point in reporting it.
The reason I also don't reported this is because you guys are well aware of it already.

loco365

Trophies
XP
So with that thread that was recently posted, it seems MK7 is getting closer and closer to running. Kinda exciting, I wouldn't mind dumping my copy as to inject custom tracks someday soon and be able to play test it on my PC before encrypting a final copy to play on my 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte