Hacking Circle Pad patches for Super Mario 64 DS and other games (in TwilightMenu with TWPatcher and RTCom)

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Heey,Sorry to bother,but could you make some way to select stuff in the comand deck in kingdom hearts re:coded with the zr and rl? I tryed using the patcher but it doesn't work together with the c-stick mod,thanks in advance.
Okay, but what exactly do you want? Just to cycle through the commands (L+X and L+B)? In that case you can do it with the remapper. It works with the c-stick mod as well

Kaiguy33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me but im having trouble with the c-patch hack because everytime when i try to put it on 4:3 and try to use it. It will stay on the white screen, if its widescreen 16:10 or 16:9 it will work. But now since I had to redownload the widescreen, now it wont work, is there a way to fix it or you have to put something on the c-patch cheat for it to work on 4:3 and 16:10

Last edited by Kaiguy33,

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Excuse me but im having trouble with the c-patch hack because everytime when i try to put it on 4:3 and try to use it. It will stay on the white screen, if its widescreen 16:10 or 16:9 it will work. But now since I had to redownload the widescreen, now it wont work, is there a way to fix it or you have to put something on the c-patch cheat for it to work on 4:3 and 16:10
Check out the first clause of the Troubleshooting section in the first message. You need to patch both widescreen and non-widescreen versions of TwlBg.

Kaiguy33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, I found a way to get it to work for 4:3, I just go on TwlPatch, select any scale and just go with it and put the files like you said so it works on 4:3

Last edited by Kaiguy33,

solidgui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I might be doing something wrong,because when I tryed like you said,the game simply didn't let me use the c-pad or c-stick

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I think I might be doing something wrong,because when I tryed like you said,the game simply didn't let me use the c-pad or c-stick
Then try just this one. It already includes the cstick support and remaps ZL/ZR to L+X/B

Attachments

• kh_recoded.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Garcimak

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Now It Worked,thanks a milion!
I would encourage you to try the remapper again (as two separate cheats), because what I did here is literally appended the remapper's textual output to the cpad mod. Maybe you chose an incorrect version (without cstick support), or set something wrong on the remapper page? Just in case, this link already populates the table how it should look in your case (maybe try to increase the Start Delay). In the worst case, just put them manually into one cheat code, one after another (the order shouldn't matter)

Hello,i read you take requests soo...could you make one for star Wars lethal Alliance?
Okay, I can give it a try

MOW531

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this for cod and it works surprisingly well! I was wondering if there was a patch for mw3 as well? Also, the ZR button doesn't do anything for some reason, any idea why?

Edit: I don't know if it would be possible but if you could add aiming, reloading, and switching weapons to buttons that would be awesome.

Last edited by MOW531,

Xyvir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In StarFox Command would there be any way to map the 'barrel roll' (draw a circle) function to a button?

That move is constantly required throughout the game, so it's not super feasible to play with the circle pad mod as is.

Just let me know, thanks!

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@shoco I have two requests, if they are not too bothersome

Chibi-Robo: Clean Sweep! (Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Rich Oosouji!)
I think the game could take advantage of N3DS CStick, leaving ABXY for the main actions
  • `CPad` to run, push, climb, use the Chibi-Vacuum, Chibi-Eyes, &co. (as the current patch
  • CStick to move the camera instead of ABXY
  • A to interact with objects (when a red exclamation mark appears)
  • X to open/close the Chibi-Menu
  • Y to equip the Chibi-Vacuum
  • B to pick up, drop, or pull out the Plug from an outlet
  • `A/B` to answer "Yes" or "No" to a question (as the current patch)
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Unfortunately, I'm among those who cannot use the Gyro :(
  • ZL to jump
  • Up to toggle the scan visor
  • ZR/R for morphball
  • CStick for aiming
This might be a good layout, taking advantage of the additional N3DS buttons.

EDIT: Also, what does the patch for Chibi Robo Park Patrol do?

Last edited by Feffe,

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sorry for the slow response, didn't have much time lately.

Hello,i read you take requests soo...could you make one for star Wars lethal Alliance?
I've kinda finished it. Although it feels weird. Maybe I've messed up somewhere, or maybe it's just because the player actually controls the camera and not the main character (it's just sticked to the center of the screen). I am not really sure

I've been using this for cod and it works surprisingly well! I was wondering if there was a patch for mw3 as well?
Done (if I didn't miss anything)

Also, the ZR button doesn't do anything for some reason, any idea why?
All the ZR button does is slightly increases your speed (same as it would be if you pressed "Dpad Up" two times quickly). What it doesn't do is activate any kind of animation (which double Dpad Up actually does). So, it's just a stupid hack (well, like all my other mods here)

I don't know if it would be possible but if you could add aiming, reloading, and switching weapons to buttons that would be awesome.
Honestly, I prefer not to mess with button mappings because they are really time consuming to implement and, most importantly, can be avoided easily by using the touchscreen directly. But if you really want it then I need more precise instructions what keys to what actions to map (the DPad keys cannot be unmapped, they still should be used for movement because the CPad does trigger and rely on them partially)

In StarFox Command would there be any way to map the 'barrel roll' (draw a circle) function to a button?
I've updated the mod. Now you can do the barrel roll on X + "CPad Left" or "CPad Right". Although, as always I am not sure if it really works everywhere and that I haven't broken anything accidently. In other words, it requires testing

Chibi-Robo: Clean Sweep! (Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Rich Oosouji!)
I think the game could take advantage of N3DS CStick, leaving ABXY for the main actions
You can already mostly do it with the Remapper. I sort of initially planned for such cases. Here is prepopulated link. The only problem here is that it won't work with A/B for answering Yes/No because these keys usually control the camera (so with this mappings to trigger them you should "press" `CStick Right` and `CStick Down` ). But if you want it, I could probably change the mod to use some other key combination for Yes/No (like Select+Up or something). And then you can map A/B to those. Sorry, this remapper thing turned out to be extremely confusing

Unfortunately, I'm among those who cannot use the Gyro :(
This is fine. It's not really worth it. And maybe it's some regional thing (like some European consoles have a different Gyro model or something)

Metroid Prime: Hunters
This might be a good layout, taking advantage of the additional N3DS buttons.
This once again should be possible with the Remapper. Before I made a mod with an alternative controls scheme if you're interested (here)

Also, what does the patch for Chibi Robo Park Patrol do?
If it's not explicitly mentioned, they all do the same thing (allow you to move the main character 360 degrees). If there some additional minigames, then I most certainly missed them. If it doesn't work (which is quite probable, because I don't actually play these games), then please tell me (the save file of the offending place in the game would be nice to have too).

And thanks for playing/using/testing these.

recs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could I request an additional patch to invert the Y-axis on Star Fox Command (up on cpad to move the ship downward and so), so it controls like the rest of the series? The barrel roll seems to work fine, using the remap to put in on L (feels more natural) make it so it activates without having to use the cpad but it's not a big deal.

Reactions: emcintosh

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@shoco Thanks for answer. I tried using the remapper, but f I understood correctly, the remapper allows the remap DS buttons to 3DS buttons. Like, if the game asks to press "A", I can remap DS "A" to 3DS "B".

But some of the actions in Chibi-Robo Clean Sweep you remapped originally involved the touch screen:
`A/B` to answer "Yes" or "No" to a question => You touch the Confirm or Deny buttons on screen
`Up` to pick up, drop, or pull out the Plug from an outlet => You touch the plug
`Select` to interact with objects (when a red exclamation mark appears) => You touch the object

Likewise, in Metroid Hunters, you have a button on the touch screen to toggle the scan visor.

How can I use the remap to... remap those actions?

I apologize if I'm missing something.

Last edited by Feffe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.