Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested rev21 for the bug where you cannot exit triiforce/mighty channels without deleting a file from your emu nand to make it crash back to system menu?

If thats not fixed in rev21 is it possible to get fixed too?

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have that wii hdmi cable converter piece that uses the 2nd usb port, and under the original cios21, it would randomly cut the video feed for a brief second or two, but using your version seems to have fixed that and havent had any cut out issues with my hdmi piece

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey bro not sure if I've really tested it, but I did notice that hen you would do that before
it wouldn't take you back to system menu. Like when I would do that
it would take me back to bootmii. Seems now that the home menu exit feature
is working fine for me. Also I noticed a spped increase on one game I was using.
The bubble bobble plus would load slow for the life of me with cIOS38Rev17, also
it would load slow with 249[57]21, seems to have picked up some speed with
this one. So far so good. I put replaced my 246[38]17 with 246[38]v21d2xv3beta1.
So if anything I guess I'll have to test a bit more and see whats up. Kind of going off
of "I recommend everyone to use the new cIOS rev21d2x. Because it's rev21 (it doesn't have the cache bug of rev17 that is giving problems to some users) and it has some bug fixes."

L4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok daveboal i tested a wiiware game called The Will of Dr. Frankenstein on mcB5, with 21v3 loads and works fine, but if i make 1 save at first then save a second time, a white screen comes up saying can not save to wii mermoy and please select disk management or something like that.

I also tested this on v17 and it saved fine with no issues, heh not really a issue i thought i let u know.

bolt7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay... I had cIOS v21 installed and followed the steps in the OP's opening post exactly- but now unfortunately my Configurable USB Loader isn't recognising my HDD any more? When I go into MMM, it states I'm tied to IOS58. Did I mess up somewhere? =X

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what was the base IOS of the cIOS u installed? what was the base IOS of the cIOS v21 u had installed before hand that worked with your usb-loader?

MMM is operating just fine, the HBC always launches it using w/e IOS the HBC uses (ie. IOS58), u just need to load a different IOS before being able to do much of anything (unless MMM was launched with direct hardware access). So installing a new cIOS249 did not affect MMM at all, it would've loaded IOS58 initially before AND after u installed a new cIOS249. FYI, u can build an mmmconfig (either manually or using ModMii) to configure the default settings when using MMM, including automatically reloading to the IOS of your choice (ie. 236 or 249 instead of 58).

bolt7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
what was the base IOS of the cIOS u installed? what was the base IOS of the cIOS v21 u had installed before hand that worked with your usb-loader?

MMM is operating just fine, the HBC always launches it using w/e IOS the HBC uses (ie. IOS58), u just need to load a different IOS before being able to do much of anything (unless MMM was launched with direct hardware access). So installing a new cIOS249 did not affect MMM at all, it would've loaded IOS58 initially before AND after u installed a new cIOS249. FYI, u can build an mmmconfig (either manually or using ModMii) to configure the default settings when using MMM, including automatically reloading to the IOS of your choice (ie. 236 or 249 instead of 58).

Thanks a lot for your reply XFlak, I really appreciate the help and the you work you guys have done on this! I believe before the base IOS I was using was IOS36, however when updating with these d2x2 files I MAY have derped a bit and selected IOS56... I've tried re-installing cIOS v21 and the updates selecting IOS36 as a base, and still got nothing. When I load up the Configurable USB Loader, it says I'm running the cIOS V21 but the Base IOS bit says '???.' I'm pretty sure before that said IOS36...

Thanks for the info on MMM. I had an inkling it might've not been a problem, but it's good to be sure. Cheers!
yaywii.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no prob, and don't worry about cfg usb loader not being able to recognize the base IOS of any d2x v3 beta cIOSs. The cIOS should still function like normal (with improvements), but the usb loader wont be able to identify the cIOS until it's updated with the new cIOS hashes, so its up to you to remember which one u have installed (at least for now).

And base 56 is generally considered the best at the moment, but if your hard drive isn't compatible with base 56... oh well, use a different one that works!

bolt7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
no prob, and don't worry about cfg usb loader not being able to recognize the base IOS of any d2x v3 beta cIOSs. The cIOS should still function like normal (with improvements), but the usb loader wont be able to identify the cIOS until it's updated with the new cIOS hashes, so its up to you to remember which one u have installed (at least for now).

And base 56 is generally considered the best at the moment, but if your hard drive isn't compatible with base 56... oh well, use a different one that works!

Sorry if I'm a pest; so if the HDD worked with base 36, there's a chance it wont with 56? Just out of interest, is there any way I can get back to the IOS it did work with? Again, thanks a lot for all your help. Also, the fact it doesn't recognise the base doesn't bother me at all. As long as it works, I don't think it matters.
bow.gif
Also, the HBC is stating my IOS is 58, too.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes it is possible for some hard drives to only be compatible with a certain base IOS. Most hard drives either work with all cIOSs or none, so w/e hard drive u r using probably has uncommon compatability. Thankfully I've never personally had this issue, as I only use hard drives with really high compatability rates... so other ppl who've experienced this situation first hand probably know more about it than I do.

Anyways, I could add base IOS36 to ModMii for rev21 and rev21d2x cIOSs, but so far u r the only one to need or want that. I would recommend u try installing some of the other cIOS249s from ModMii's download page 4 and install them until u find one that works with your hard drive. If none of them work, just use wanin's cIOS installer to install the same cIOS249 u has before that worked (ie. cIOS249v21[36])

bolt7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bah. I un-installed cIOS 249 using MMM then re-installed cIOS249v21[36] and it still will not mount like it would before.
unsure.gif
Thanks a lot for your help anyway, I'll keep mucking around with it!

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bolt7 said:
XFlak said:

Sorry if I'm a pest; so if the HDD worked with base 36, there's a chance it wont with 56? Just out of interest, is there any way I can get back to the IOS it did work with? Again, thanks a lot for all your help. Also, the fact it doesn't recognise the base doesn't bother me at all. As long as it works, I don't think it matters.
bow.gif
Also, the HBC is stating my IOS is 58, too.

QUOTE(bolt7 @ Feb 11 2011, 10:30 PM)
Bah. I un-installed cIOS 249 using MMM then re-installed cIOS249v21[36] and it still will not mount like it would before.
unsure.gif
Thanks a lot for your help anyway, I'll keep mucking around with it!

Are you using the latest version of CFG? Old versions don't support these new IOSes fully.

bolt7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT - Fixed it! Rather than using Waninkoko's installer like usual, I used ModMii to download the v21 WAD's and installed via MMM with IOS36 as base. Thanks XFlak, I owe you a beer!
yaywii.gif

QUOTE said:
Are you using the latest version of CFG? Old versions don't support these new IOSes fully.

Yeah, I'm using CFG Ver65. I'm replacing the CFG app folder on my SD Card just to be 100% sure. I really appreciate the advice, thank you.
grog.gif

Edit: Yup, replaced it and still no luck...

Here's a Syscheck log, if any help.

CODEsysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 5918).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.2E (v482)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 38896986
Boot2 v2

Found 97 titles.
Found 33 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS9 (rev 778): No Patches
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 273): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 775): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 782): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2576): ES Identify Flash Access
IOS31 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3091): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 3869): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5661): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 5918): No Patches
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6687): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 21): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v4
MIOS v5

Report generated on 2011/02/12.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
L4D said:
Ok daveboal i tested a wiiware game called The Will of Dr. Frankenstein on mcB5, with 21v3 loads and works fine, but if i make 1 save at first then save a second time, a white screen comes up saying can not save to wii mermoy and please select disk management or something like that.

I also tested this on v17 and it saved fine with no issues, heh not really a issue i thought i let u know.
I feel stupid, just don't understand how to save.
mellow.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
bolt7 said:
EDIT - Fixed it! Rather than using Waninkoko's installer like usual, I used ModMii to download the v21 WAD's and installed via MMM with IOS36 as base. Thanks XFlak, I owe you a beer!
yaywii.gif

I'm confused... ModMii doesn't support any v21 cIOSs with base 36....??? Did u mean 38?
QUOTE(bolt7 @ Feb 11 2011, 10:43 PM) Edit: Yup, replaced it and still no luck...
I'm even more confused now... u say "fixed it" then u say "still no luck"... which is it?

@davebaol, don't feel stupid, I'm sure this isn't easy, and even if the d2x cIOSs aren't perfect, they're much better than how they started, keep it up buddy, I'm sure u'll figure it out eventually!

bolt7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
I'm confused... ModMii doesn't support any v21 cIOSs with base 36....??? Did u mean 38?
bolt7 said:
Edit: Yup, replaced it and still no luck...
I'm even more confused now... u say "fixed it" then u say "still no luck"... which is it?

Apologies, crappy post editing on my part. I wrote the 'Edit' in at the top of the reply after I'd already posted the rest (I think I was just so excited I'd fixed it, I shoved it anywhere.) That edit was the last thing I added to the post; sorry for any confusion.
wtf.gif

Hm, no, I meant 36. =X I downloaded the .wad files for cIOS rev21 through the fourth option in ModMii, popped them in a WAD folder on my SD Card then installed them through MMM with IOS36 as base. It worked perfectly.
yaywii.gif

Just out of interest, I then tested removing the standard 249 cIOS rev21 and re-installed the rev21d2x .wads (to see if CFG remained working with my HDD.) Unfortunately, this caused the same problems as before, and CFG couldn't mount the device. After removing rev21d2x and re-installing the cIOS rev21 .wads once again, CFG was able to mount the device without any problems.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
explain to me where u see a rev21 cIOS with base 36 on ModMii's download page 4... i'm not trying to be rude here... but I know u are mistaken, so I'm just curious what u REALLY installed
@xflak, bolt7 meant he installed the wad from MMM (started with IOS 36)...i think.

L4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
I feel stupid, just don't understand how to save.
mellow.gif

yeah don't feel stupid, what u doing to so far is great work i appreciated your time and hard work improving this cios
biggrin.gif

Thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto