Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
davebaol said:
@XFlak
Thanks for the hashes
no prob, TBH it's really easy for any1 to do using ModMii, after creating the new wads, go to ModMii's options, and select "C", then "C2", then "L", then ModMii will open a txt window with the hashes of the new files

keep up the awesome improvements buddy

L4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great work davebaol
yaywii.gif

tested with new 21v2b3

ff iv after years works now with no more save file error
The Will of Dr.Frankenstein - works

legend of zelda majoras mask = after putting in classic controller after nintendo logo loads the screen goes black

Dr mario dx = still doesn't work if u install new dr mario game and when wii trys to create a new game save it give u a save system error, but works fine if created a new save on v17 or if u alrdy have a old save file.

lostwinds - on beta 3 gives a black screen after wii remote screen logo, but beta 2 crashed as soon u got to make save created screen.

castlevaina rebirth - black screen still after wii remote screen logo but can press home menu and reset the wii but nothing else.

also tested with save to usb/sd option in MC made no different.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tested the same games that I discussed in the previous post and I am getting the same compatibility. I can also report that FF4 is also saving properly for me - so it looks like the save issue has been fixed.

Thanks Dave!

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't been home to test the latest revisions and if they still freeze the menu in Wiiflow. :/ I have to check tomorrow.

Great work btw.
smile.gif

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
cIOSX d2x v3beta3

Fixed a bug on file renaming, it was causing the failure on the 2nd save in The Will of Dr.Frankenstein.
TBH I don't understand if the bug is inside the FatFs library or just because it's misused.
In fact the fix is a "dirty" workaround, however it works for me.
I have to create any other file just before renaming.
Actually I create and immediately remove the file "/tmp/davebaol.fix"
laugh.gif

If v3beta3 works for everybody tomorrow I'll release it as v3-final. Finger crossed.
happy.gif

What if you try some older/newer FatFs librarys without your "dirty" workaround just to see if it's differ.
You could compile some for us to test. Just a thought
wink.gif

It also could be just that easy there is a bug that wont free the last file created and therefore still is active and cant be renamed couse it's still in use or something like that. But when you create a new one it frees the old one. I dont actually know I'm just speculating.
Another way to do a "dirty" workaround would have been to copy the file to the new name instead of renaming, and then delete the old one
wink.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@IceIceBird
TBH I've spent enough time on that issue and a clean solution is not urgent.
Now I prefer to investigate about multiple partition support.
smile.gif

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
@IceIceBird
TBH I've spent enough time on that issue and a clean solution is not urgent.
Now I prefer to investigate about multiple partition support.
smile.gif

It's an application matter (ex: Mighty Channel) to tell the IOS on the fly what partition to use (Especially if there is 2 fat partitions and they want to use the second one to there nand emu).

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rev17 implements multipartition support using libfat.
I hope I can port rev17 implementation in rev21 using fatfs.
No need to hack the ios on the fly from the app.
A native support is much better so Mighty Channel and TriiForce MRC can remain untouched.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
rev17 implements multipartition support using libfat.
I hope I can port rev17 implementation in rev21 using fatfs.
No need to hack the ios on the fly from the app.
A native support is much better so Mighty Channel and TriiForce MRC can remain untouched.

Making it recognize the partitions is probably not that hard. But if you use more than one fat partition it's a problem.
But if we had an cIOS function that could tell if the partition has a nand on it or not without loading the emu rutine then we would talking about a usefull function.
Like an "what is this partition used for" function. It could check the partition directory structure. Ex: If the directory Apps exist we know it used for launching apps. If the WBFS directory is found we know it's for storing games. If the SYS directory is present we know it's used for nand.
Of course it also could be a combination them.

Then it would be very easy for the nand emu to know what partition to use and for future development to know what the different partitions is used for
wink.gif
And if there should be more than one Nand partition the IOS default priority should be SD/USB(p1)/USB(p2) etc but of course this can be different in an application with it's own settings that over rules the ios defaults..

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks davebaol for all your work on this..
can confirm that Mighty Channels runs real good on v3b3.....
and as a bonus (i never liked r20 and up, because some Backup GC games don´t work with neogamma)..But they do now like they did with r19....
yaywii.gif

and WiiFlow runs great with this
yaywii.gif

Thank you so much for you work on this
bow.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fox888 said:
and as a bonus (i never liked r20 and up, because some Backup GC games don´t work with neogamma)..But they do now like they did with r19....
yaywii.gif

yaywii.gif

Agree'd and confirmed, I never used 20/21 cause they were fail for me, sooo much slower than r19 was and even the nand emu was slow. Now with your fixes, its FASTER than r19 even, took off tons of loading time in games for me on my drive. Even WiiFlow menu was laggin with r20/21 now its faster/smoother than r19 yet again. So thanks again for your work

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Fox888 said:
yaywii.gif

yaywii.gif

bow.gif

GC games runs with MIOS not CIOS don't they ?!
Please tell us more?

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
IceIceBird said:
Fox888 said:
yaywii.gif

yaywii.gif

bow.gif

Please tell us more?

not really with r19 and neogamma harry potter and Goblet of fire works but with r20 - r21 it don´t work here, but with v3b3 it works again (weird)
so there must be a difference, (but i think only wiipower can give us some answer on this)

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Fox888 said:
IceIceBird said:
Fox888 said:
yaywii.gif

yaywii.gif

bow.gif

Please tell us more?

not really with r19 and neogamma harry potter and Goblet of fire, it works and with r20 - r21 it don´t work here, but with v3b3 it works again (weird)
so there must be a difference, (but i think only wiipower can give us some answer on this)

The app runs of cIOS so there must be something to it then.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
IceIceBird said:
Fox888 said:
IceIceBird said:
Fox888 said:
yaywii.gif

yaywii.gif

bow.gif

Please tell us more?

not really with r19 and neogamma harry potter and Goblet of fire, it works and with r20 - r21 it don´t work here, but with v3b3 it works again (weird)

The app runs of cIOS so there must be something to it then.

There must be, so i hope Wiipower is reading this

Anyways THANKS FOR A GREAT JOB davebaol
bow.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cIOSX d2x v3beta4

d2x v3beta4 extends the FAT module to support multiple partitions.

Changelog:
  • Enabled multiple partition support in FatFs
  • Extended ioctlv commands for mounting the desired USB/SD partition (default is 0 for backward compatibility)
To test multiple partitions support you should wait for a new Mighty Channels release.

The FFS module is the same as v3beta3.
The EHCI module is the same as v2

How to build and install

[*]Download d2x v3beta4 modules[*]Download ModMii v4.4.8 or higher[*]Install ModMii[*]Copy d2x v3beta4 modules inside ModMii folder modules\W21Modules overwriting the old ones
NOTE: If ModMii was already installed before and d2x has been downloaded already then you MUST remove from the COPY_TO_SD\WAD folder all the files whose name ends with "-v21d2x.wad"[*]Launch ModMii[*]Enter "I Agree"[*]Enter "4" to navigate to Download Page 4[*]Add to the download queue all the cIOSX rev21d2x wads you need, for example "249dx56" and "250dx57"[*]Enter "D" to download selected files[*]Enter "Y" to start downloading[*]ModMii will incorrectly label the wad files as "invalid" and will try building them twice.
It's absolutely normal since the some modules have been replaced and MD5 check fails.
It is safe to ignore the following error in this instance:
QUOTE said:
Checking entries in COPY_TO_SD\Download_Log.md5
COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS[]-v21d2x.wad: Invalid
Results: 1 files processed, 0 good files, 1 bad files.
[*]Install the wad files with a Wad Manager
NOTE: despite the file name it's a real rev21d2x-v3beta4[*]You're done! Please test and report
yaywii.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@davebaol, i think you need to rename EHCI.app to EHCI-v21-LagFix-v2.app to work with cIOSX rev21d2x, i believe the normal EHCI.app in the W21Modules is used for normal rev 21 builds.
@xflak, please confirm

I see in the next post Xabby666 noticed it too.
Nevermind, xabby666 is pointing out something different, and indeed, if you look at the download the date of the EHCI module seems off.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Etheboss said:
@davebaol, i think you need to rename EHCI.app to EHCI-v21-LagFix-v2.app to work with cIOSX rev21d2x, i believe the normal EHCI.app in the W21Modules is used for normal rev 21 builds.
@xflak, please confirm
Confirmed

under the current instructions, normal rev 21 builds will actually build the d2x v3 beta4 cIOSs and the d2x2 cIOSs on ModMii's download page 4 will be the same except using the original rev21 EHCI module.

Probably just easier to rename the file and reupload it to mediafire rather than try to explain that to everyone.

I'll try to post the hashes for the v3beta4 cIOSs later today.

edit1:
xabby666 said:
Dave, the date of ehci module is 24/12/2010. I think is the original ciosx21 echi module with no lagfix mod.I agree with u, but putting both your observations together means dave didn't make a mistake, he just included one extra file than required. The ehci v2 is already included with modmii, so really the only new modules are the FAT module and FFSP module. And since the ehci module is the same in dave's package and the wanin's original included in ModMii, it doesn't matter if users replace it

edit2:
here are the hashes for the d2x v3 beta 4 cIOSs (note that I manually renamed the files)

CODE
570b79f0fdfed965f7b35df8082fcbb3 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[37]-v21d2x3-beta4.wad
70c5360ced394bbb003990cb38b1653b *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS250[37]-v21d2x3-beta4.wad
85d947e3d23208bf1239401ec55645d8 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[38]-v21d2x3-beta4.wad
5959f5430b2e8c4e1f5d2a91951f9b9d *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS250[38]-v21d2x3-beta4.wad
ca8bc135c8001d15fea4282330b3cd79 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[56]-v21d2x3-beta4.wad
58c9a5360589170cb37f9c325d67e701 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS250[56]-v21d2x3-beta4.wad
aece7903b93b0d4fd67072cb7030ed24 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS249[57]-v21d2x3-beta4.wad
820a61fc5ac4e74ddd81c3c4c06fd597 *COPY_TO_SD\WAD\cIOS250[57]-v21d2x3-beta4.wad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool