Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people have issues with Black Ops online since its latest update, lags enough that isn't even playable. It only effects some drives. This fix does not solve this issue as it effects rev19 as well. If you have issues with that I suggest trying hermes 224[57]. I have a wd green drive in an external case and it ran fine, but when I switched to a wd passport I had to switch the cios I was using to get it to work correctly again. There must be something else in waninkoko's cios running amuck.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hybridLearner said:
Some people have issues with Black Ops online since its latest update, lags enough that isn't even playable. It only effects some drives. This fix does not solve this issue as it effects rev19 as well. If you have issues with that I suggest trying hermes 224[57]. I have a wd green drive in an external case and it ran fine, but when I switched to a wd passport I had to switch the cios I was using to get it to work correctly again. There must be something else in waninkoko's cios running amuck.
wireless, lan adapter, or both?

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to install the new rev21d2x by using the method on the first page, then update to base 58? I need it for the cam games by Ubisoft. No mention of that on the first page.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
davebaol said:
cIOSX d2x v3beta1

Ok guys, I'm back again with a new beta FFS module which should improve nand emulation by fixing this bug:
IceIceBird said:
Maybe the new nand emu save file not working issue could be fixed to?
(running wiiware games trough Might Channel, ex: Tetris. Rev17 works r21 dont)

This issue was due to free space check.
From my tests now the following games work using Mighty Channels (I would expect others too)

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ rev17ÂÂÂÂrev21ÂÂÂÂrev21d2x-v3beta1
------------------------------------------------------
Tetris PartyÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOKÂÂÂÂÂÂ ERR1ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOK
Brain ChallengeÂÂÂÂ OKÂÂÂÂÂÂ ERR2ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOK

ERR1 = Cannot save the game after each level
ERR2 = Black screen soon after the logo if the save doesn't exist already
Aww...just after I downloaded the v2's, changed the slot numbers to my own setup, installed them on my wii and tested them with some wii games. That way I'll never be done.
tongue.gif

I don't have brain challenge, but I was pretty sure that I got tetris party to work with rev21 under mighty channels. Most wiiware games did, assuming that they worked with rev17 and you used the correct base IOS (I think 38...I wrote my findings in the mighty channels thread).

EDIT: nevermind that remark...I don't think I tried saving the game after some levels

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wever said:
[...]
Most wiiware games did, assuming that they worked with rev17 and you used the correct base IOS (I think 38...I wrote my findings in the mighty channels thread).
[...]
Pretty sure base 56 is better than base 38 also for nand emulation.
In fact it has the same compatibility and also provides SDHC card support.

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
hybridLearner said:
wireless, lan adapter, or both?

Not sure about lan, but wireless it does. I don't think it has anything to do with what you have changed as it does the same thing with rev19[57].

http://gbatemp.net/t276516-cod-bo-update-m...rable?&st=0

satanishere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instructions here and installed 250 rev21 dx2 with 57 as its base, and this is what my sys check shows

IOS249 (rev 21): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0

Is that how 250 should be displayed or should it also be displayed as rev21? If its not installing properly, how can i fix the issue?

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, about that hard drive spindown issue: It seems that Ashampoo fixed that for now. At least with WiiMC (didn't test Zelda yet). But I can't say it for sure, because I got the "couldn't open"-thing I mentioned 2 times after using it for hours. Usually, I got that error 10 times an hour or so. So it seems that Ashampoo really makes a huge difference now.
Thanks for that!

Does anyone of you know which IOS or cIOS the "USB Loader GX 2.0" rev1068 uses (not to start games, I know how to set that up)? Just to ask ^^

And thanks again, is there any information about when the final v3 will be released? Would be nice if that happens today
biggrin.gif

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eN-t said:
So, about that hard drive spindown issue: It seems that Ashampoo fixed that for now. At least with WiiMC (didn't test Zelda yet). But I can't say it for sure, because I got the "couldn't open"-thing I mentioned 2 times after using it for hours. Usually, I got that error 10 times an hour or so. So it seems that Ashampoo really makes a huge difference now.
Thanks for that!

Does anyone of you know which IOS or cIOS the "USB Loader GX 2.0" rev1068 uses (not to start games, I know how to set that up)? Just to ask ^^

And thanks again, is there any information about when the final v3 will be released? Would be nice if that happens today
biggrin.gif

GX uses the cios listed in the main settings menu

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
cIOSX d2x v3beta1

Ok guys, I'm back again with a new beta FFS module which should improve nand emulation by fixing this bug:
IceIceBird said:
Maybe the new nand emu save file not working issue could be fixed to?
(running wiiware games trough Might Channel, ex: Tetris. Rev17 works r21 dont)

This issue was due to free space check.
From my tests now the following games work using Mighty Channels (I would expect others too)

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ rev17ÂÂÂÂrev21ÂÂÂÂrev21d2x-v3beta1
------------------------------------------------------
Tetris PartyÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOKÂÂÂÂÂÂ ERR1ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOK
Brain ChallengeÂÂÂÂ OKÂÂÂÂÂÂ ERR2ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOK

ERR1 = Cannot save the game after each level
ERR2 = Black screen soon after the logo if the save doesn't exist already

Thanks!
Works great for those games that couldn't save before (with cIOSr21).
Running Mighty Channel with rev21d2x-v3beta1(base56) on ios240

Keep up the good work.

Now if we only could get Lost Wind and it's sequel to work with Mighty Channel as well, what I've heard this is coused by a nand emu issue. Maybe a mix with the other issue that some games already need a savefile in nand to start/work.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IceIceBird said:
Now if we only could get Lost Wind and it's sequel to work with Mighty Channel as well, what I've heard this is coused by a nand emu issue. Maybe a mix with the other issue that some games already need a savefile in nand to start/work.

Yes - the problem with Lostwinds is that the game saves use characters that are not supported in FAT32. This game is playable in SNEEK however - Crediar must have figured out a way to rename saves that use characters that aren't supported by FAT32.

L4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm don't know if any1 alrdy said this but on cIOSr21-v2-56 using MC beta 5, with game called FFC my life as the king would stop working as soon as it try to read wii save or create one at the start, but it works fine with ciosr17.
Sorry i didn't get a chance to test v3 yet.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
L4D said:
Hmm don't know if any1 alrdy said this but on cIOSr21-v2-56 using MC beta 5, with game called FFC my life as the king would stop working as soon as it try to read wii save or create one at the start, but it works fine with ciosr17.
v3beta1 should fix that save file issue.
Please try it and let me know.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
xfcrowman said:
IceIceBird said:

Yes - the problem with Lostwinds is that the game saves use characters that are not supported in FAT32. This game is playable in SNEEK however - Crediar must have figured out a way to rename saves that use characters that aren't supported by FAT32.
The save file name for LostWinds is W@@@@@@@@@A which is a valid fat name.
I believe it's a different problem.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i've isntalled the cios with the fix but i haven't tested anything, but i just want to thank you guys for all your time and effort. thanks you very much.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
xfcrowman said:
IceIceBird said:

The save file name for LostWinds is W@@@@@@@@@A which is a valid fat name.
I believe it's a different problem.

But we all know for sure it's a nand emu issue.
So is there anymore suggestions from anyone or is there someone who can investigate more into this. Couse this could solve the problem with even more games as for example the monkey island games.

I would really love to see a FULLY working nand emu
wink.gif

L4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
L4D said:
v3beta1 should fix that save file issue.
Please try it and let me know.

Hiya Dave sry for late reply.
I tried the 21v3 beta on FFCMLAK with mc and it works great, passing the read and from memory with no probelms.

thanks and Keep up the good work.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto