Hacking cIOS installer not showing v10 beta as a selectable option.

_HelpMePlease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have checked out other posts on this matter. Don't link me to them unless they have a solution that doesn't include flipping the lock switch, as those are the majority of the conclusions.

Yes I have checked out the tutorial on the official d2x website. I have all the files in their proper positions on my SD card. I will even post my SD cards directory here.

F:\apps\d2x-cios-installer
boot.dol
Changelog.txt
ciosmaps.xml
icon.png
meta.xml
ReadMe.txt
sampleCIOSMAPS.xml

F:\apps\d2x-cios-installer\d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
DIPP.app
EHCI.app
ES.app
FAT.app
FFSP.app
MLOAD.app
SDHC.app
USBS.app

Yes I have tried both SD and SDHC cards. The same problem occurs on both of them. And yes, they are both unlocked.

Do not tell me to reinstall the installer or the beta files. I have done that so many times, I think I am going to go insane.

3ByfZI1.png

The application only shows v4 v5 and v6. Some versions even show v3. Not the one that I downloaded and need.

I have tried installing the packages on v4 v5 and v6 with no luck. They all fail or crash.

I am doing this on my vWii with a Wiimote that came with the original Wii very close to release day.

Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated. :)

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a different sd card it may not be compatible. If all else fails you could ask someone to dump the d2x cios to wads using bluedump on there console and pm them to you.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
What the fuck is all this shit? Are you just trying to install the d2x cIOS so you can run usbloader?

The directory I have for the .app files are completely different and it works perfectly for me. Pretty sure your directories are just wrong.

K:\apps\d2x-cios-installer\v10\beta53\d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii

You just get this file www.mediafire.com/?n2zl8v5kn288j9d (which you already have) and extract it into F:\apps.

Last edited by EmceeKerser,

bruwesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same probleam with my Wii U.

I put de files in sd card. f:/apps/d2x-cios-installer/choose d2x-v10-beta52-vWii

replace de ciosmaps.xml
insert sd on wiiU open vWii, launch HBC, open de d2x-cios-installer
and finally when I go select de cIOS the it not is showing

Cutty2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little late to the party, but maybe someone has the same issue and this helps. I had the same problem, looked EVERYWHERE, tried different folder configurations, etc.

THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME (it's so stupid...): When you format your SD card to Fat32, MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE SD CARD A NAME!

That's it. I realized after the nth time formatting and trying the process again that I actually wasn't naming the card, just leaving that field blank. So after 5 hours of headache, I simply named the card (WIISD) and BAM, version 10-52 and 53 beta are on the list.

Add this to the list of stupid fixes! (along with lock, etc.)

Reactions: KiiWii

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had the same problem. I tried loading the files from an USB HDD. But reading this thread made me think that maybe the installer can't even read the files from the HDD. At first I thought the installer was broken in some way or I simply used the wrong one. Good to know the solution is probably right in front of me :D

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you
My problem solved
My problem was becaus of my sd memory, thats locked and when i unlocked that, there wasnt any problem.
Not to necromorph an old thread, but I'm soft-modding a Wii console for the 4th time w/in a year and a half, and your advice resolved my issue, and I wanted to show my gratitude. A friend of mine was donated a Wii by her mother that she wanted me to mod for her and she bought an open-box 256GB microSD card from Amazon which had the accompanying adapter in the locked position, smfh. I was racking my head over this issue for past 2 hours or more.

Reactions: jeannotte

HadesDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I could find the v10 listed, until i tried several diferente microsd o sd adater, the one that worked for mi was a very old kingstone one..., so yeah, the wii have problems with the adapters too
Post automatically merged:

Mi micro sd was not read! not fully at least, the apps i have where listed, but v10 option on cios installer no where to be found, i tried several miscrosd to sd adapters, and a very old kingstone one its the only one that correctly list the option, so the wii has problem even with diferent adapters not necesarly the microsd card

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could find the v10 listed, until i tried several diferente microsd o sd adater, the one that worked for mi was a very old kingstone one..., so yeah, the wii have problems with the adapters too
Post automatically merged:

Mi micro sd was not read! not fully at least, the apps i have where listed, but v10 option on cios installer no where to be found, i tried several miscrosd to sd adapters, and a very old kingstone one its the only one that correctly list the option, so the wii has problem even with diferent adapters not necesarly the microsd card
hello,

it is not the SD card reader of the wii, it is your SD mainly defective (sometimes this can be due to the wii SD reader ==> damaged)

poor quality and inexpensive SD cards are often faulty or even very faulty. :nayps3:

by recovering a very good recognized SD card you will have better results.

I myself have tested several of the lesser quality SD cards, and it did not work.:nayps3:

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,

it is not the SD card reader of the wii, it is your SD mainly defective (sometimes this can be due to the wii SD reader ==> damaged)

poor quality and inexpensive SD cards are often faulty or even very faulty. :nayps3:

by recovering a very good recognized SD card you will have better results.

I myself have tested several of the lesser quality SD cards, and it did not work.:nayps3:
I agree. I had modded a Wii to give to my nephews as a gift last year which I included w/ it a brand new 256GB TeamGroup microSD card for WiiFlow and other homebrew apps, but unfortunately after maybe 4-months of use, it died. However, I turned around and replaced it w/ a 256GB Samsung EVO microSD card instead and it's still going strong to this day.

Reactions: jeannotte

AutumnWolf93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not sure what else to do has anyone figured out a solution to this I've scoured threads after threads trying to find a solution..

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not sure what else to do has anyone figured out a solution to this I've scoured threads after threads trying to find a solution..

Are you using a guide to jailbreak your Wii? If not, then I would highly suggest starting off by following the tutorial being offered on the website Wii.gude or something similar.

AutumnWolf93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a wii which has been modded already. However I'm talking about the Wii U in particular. I've gone though the homebrew process successfully the only issue I'm having is whenever I go to install the d2c cISO it never shows the (V10 beta 52) selection that says is needed. Someone recently posted a great guide on how to do so however I've noticed others having the same issue as I. The only options it shows are: d2x cIOS v3, v4, v5 & v6.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a wii which has been modded already. However I'm talking about the Wii U in particular. I've gone though the homebrew process successfully the only issue I'm having is whenever I go to install the d2c cISO it never shows the (V10 beta 52) selection that says is needed. Someone recently posted a great guide on how to do so however I've noticed others having the same issue as I. The only options it shows are: d2x cIOS v3, v4, v5 & v6.
Oh I see, I wasn't paying attention... Disregard my comment then.

Reactions: AutumnWolf93

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: AutumnWolf93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users