Change internal hard drive to my RGH modified fat xbox360

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there,

my fat xbox360 got a RGH mod. Sometimes the console it takes a lot of time to turn on, even waiting some minutes sometimes.

I would like to speed up the console by insert an SSD internal drive. Since I did not personally mod my xbox360, I don't know how to bring all the files, custom firmware and games that are in the internal drive to the new one.

Is something I can do my self or it require some specific skills?

Thanks

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This has nothing todo with your drive. The boot time depends on the used rgh method and used glitchchip. E.g coolrunner modchip is a fast one and Ace modchip is very slow especially on the third version of the XBox 360.
There exist a instant boot RGH 3.0 mod for the XBox360 which uses the own graphic chip of the console, check this thread.
Source for Tutorial on Sevensins

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This has nothing todo with your drive. The boot time depends on the used rgh method and used glitchchip. E.g coolrunner modchip is a fast one and Ace modchip is very slow especially on the third version of the XBox 360.
There exist a instant boot RGH 3.0 mod for the XBox360 which uses the own graphic chip of the console, check this thread.
Source for Tutorial on Sevensins
oh ok, thanks

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but it won't increase speed nor does it have trim, so an ssd is more likely to fail than an hdd.
The only way that SSDs are more likely to fail is either the SSD uses fake/faulty chips or if improperly used.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like a wiring issue yeh.

Changing the HDD for a SSD works but as godreborn said, no TRIM etc.
Games do load a little quicker if you're using folder rips due to the amount of small files but in general, the speed increase is negligible, 360s are stuck at SATA 1 or 2 speeds.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a wiring issue yeh.

Changing the HDD for a SSD works but as godreborn said, no TRIM etc.
Games do load a little quicker if you're using folder rips due to the amount of small files but in general, the speed increase is negligible, 360s are stuck at SATA 1 or 2 speeds.
I see. I was originally going to install a 1TB SSD into my Xbox 360 once I have modded it.

Reactions: godreborn

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I see. I was originally going to install a 1TB SSD into my Xbox 360 once I have modded it.

I'll probably replace the HDD in mine with an SSD in the future one day as well.
For me, SSD lifespan doesn't really matter as I don't use the system much anymore.

Edit: if anything, I'm just future proofing it.

Reactions: SylverReZ

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, ssds are shorter, so you might be able to fit an 8tb+ internally for that new patch to use up to 16tb. Over 2tb with an hdd is too large height wise. I think it needs 9.5mm, but it's possible to use 12.5mm without the cradle for the hdd.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, ssds are shorter, so you might be able to fit an 8tb+ internally for that new patch to use up to 16tb.
FATXplorer does support formatting 16TB for use with the Xbox 360.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1