Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The xbox format is called xfat, I don't know if the pc will read it for quick transfer of files.
You need like a special program like FATXplorer as metioned to read such file system.

Reactions: godreborn

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The interesting thing is, its a 4k sector size emulation to get rid of the 32bit and 512b sectorsize limitation that results in 2TB limit. The XBox thinks its 4k, but its still 512b sectorsize in use.

So now there exists a solution on XBox360 for the exact same problem that we have on (v)Wii.

misiozol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
FYi I actually have SSD in one of x360 that is installed in car, was replaced for SSD for obvious reason that is shaking, and tbh i do not see much of a difference in loading times. Same goes with PS2, as have fatty with attached NA and ssd installed loading times are bit faster but very marginal. However it helps in loading of Browser 2.0 on console which is much faster.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYi I actually have SSD in one of x360 that is installed in car, was replaced for SSD for obvious reason that is shaking, and tbh i do not see much of a difference in loading times. Same goes with PS2, as have fatty with attached NA and ssd installed loading times are bit faster but very marginal. However it helps in loading of Browser 2.0 on console which is much faster.
from my understanding, even the ps4 doesn't use an ssd to its full potential. the m2 in the ps5/xbox series are almost instant loading though. in fact, there's like 0 loading in ratchet and clank.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
from my understanding, even the ps4 doesn't use an ssd to its full potential. the m2 in the ps5/xbox series are almost instant loading though. in fact, there's like 0 loading in ratchet and clank.
Yes, due to the speed limitation of the sata controllers used the max you'd get for transfer speeds are significantly reduced when compared to that of pcie. Theoretical speed vs actual speed plays a huge role for this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol