Hacking CFW won't Load even after White screen Flash ?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the problem has sorted it self out after i repeated the CFW steps from the guide.
I have a feeling that the EmuNand got corrupted.

well case closed......

thank you everyone for your help !

Yea and it will likely corrupt again at some point in the future. If you insist on using CFW make a backup of your SD using win32diskimager and keep a 'good' copy somewhere or you'll be doing this all over again every time your emunand corrupts.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasted an afternoon trying to run it on one of my 3DS's so I could use my GW on the other and play local 2-player. I say wasted because it's garbage and it turned out to be much easier to just pop the GW into each system one at a time and use CIAs.
Unless you earn zero-income there's no point in using CFW. For the time it takes to setup and the time you waste trying to launch it each time the system powers off you'd be better off just working an hour or two overtime and buying a flash cart.

Or if you're not a fan of shoveling over 70+ dollars to a company who's only purpose is profiteering off of piracy...

Reactions: elmoemo

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Or if you're not a fan of shoveling over 70+ dollars to a company who's only purpose is profiteering off of piracy...
Oh I completely agree it's a scumbag move to not just 'flip the switch' and allow people to run emunand without the GW cart in the slot, their whole business model is evil etc. etc. but if your moral high-ground is so lofty that you are willing to waste hours upon hours of your own time instead of supporting the only team who have made any real progress in 3DS exploits then that's your own personal choice, it's just not one that I'd make. I value my time and I'd rather spend it -playing- the games.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I completely agree it's a scumbag move to not just 'flip the switch' and allow people to run emunand without the GW cart in the slot, their whole business model is evil etc. etc. but if your moral high-ground is so lofty that you are willing to waste hours upon hours of your own time instead of supporting the only team who have made any real progress in 3DS exploits then that's your own personal choice, it's just not one that I'd make. I value my time and I'd rather spend it -playing- the games.

Personally I got it set up from start to end in the matter of an afternoon (including installing a few games I dumped from my own carts). Although I know my time is valuable, at least to me, so is the ability to carry around my whole collection wherever I go (mind you, my opinion might be slightly biased as I don't own any carts new enough that they won't run on cfw...). To me, a few hours of my time is worth the savings, and not having to deal with shady websites that may or may not even send the thing...to each their own though, I suppose.

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea and it will likely corrupt again at some point in the future. If you insist on using CFW make a backup of your SD using win32diskimager and keep a 'good' copy somewhere or you'll be doing this all over again every time your emunand corrupts.

Thanks for the heads up.

I really needed to know that .

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I managed to boot into CFW , but in CFW , I am unable to obtain the IP address. (Works fine in normal sysnand ).
Also, the sysnand is in version 4.2 so is that an issue ?

And also CFW hangs quite often .

When I try to install devmenu , it says cannot connect to device ......

BTW I'm using my laptop as a hotspot and doing everything.

Anyway to connect to the 3ds and install devmenu ?

illicit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfw is buggy but the ip should be the same in both nands. make sure the ip and cia are matching accordingly.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS should just take the next logical ip, eg 192.168.1.2 if your wifi card has 192.168.1.1 just make sure its in the batch file

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using my windows 8.1 laptop as a hotspot to deal with all the WiFi networking , so is it possible to give the 3ds an IP reservation in windows ?

If you use you PC as hotspot, check that you can reach internet. You can check it before launching the exploit (but not for too long, or your DS will doenload an update ;) )

You need internet connection for the ctr server to start (don't know why, but was reported on one of the first CFW tutorial and I can confirm it)

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you boot into the CFW, immediately open the browser as soon as you see the home menu. If it loads, you should be able to CMD the file over. If the browser crashes or hangs, reboot and try again.

As another user said, your 3DS' IP address will be the same in the CFW as it is in SysNAND.

In order:

1. Boot CFW
2. Immediately open browser
2.5. Crash? Reboot and start at step 1. Browser open and load the home page? Continue.
3. Close the browser and execute the .bat file.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using my windows 8.1 laptop as a hotspot to deal with all the WiFi networking , so is it possible to give the 3ds an IP reservation in windows ?

Don't.
Just boot the CFW without L, go to settings, change the internet connection to whatever internet your laptop is connected to, boot CFW again with L button, make sure the internet icon on the top screen appears and NEVER disappears or changes to streetpass (if it does, that will cause the CFW to hang), get the IP, put it in run.bat, spam run.bat a few times.
This has always worked for me.
The browser does not really make a difference. Just a handy way to check it worked.

As a tip: Configure your router or OpenDNS to block nintendo's update hostnames, to make sure you never get the update nag.

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you boot into the CFW, immediately open the browser as soon as you see the home menu. If it loads, you should be able to CMD the file over. If the browser crashes or hangs, reboot and try again.

As another user said, your 3DS' IP address will be the same in the CFW as it is in SysNAND.

In order:

1. Boot CFW
2. Immediately open browser
2.5. Crash? Reboot and start at step 1. Browser open and load the home page? Continue.
3. Close the browser and execute the .bat file.

my problem is
1) it rarely boots into CFW (take a huge number of tires because the screen does flash white (at times) but still does not boot into CFW)
2) when it does boot into CFW , it hangs if i do anything.
2.5) even if i open the browser. it hangs in either the internet browser logo page or it just hangs while trying to load the default page.
3) in the short time span that it does not hang , the ctrclient cannot establish a connection.

this is really frustrating.....

any solutions ?

BTW: there is a huge number of WiFi networks in the vicinity of the 3ds so much that it can't display the entire list.

thuytinh266

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to remove your router protection(password), any anti virus and then make sure you can connect your 3ds to internet before go to CFW. then go to CFW >> run bat file. try to do it at least 3 to 5 times, if you can not connect again make sure you get nand 4.5 FW (not nand of 9.0.x FW). and do all step again.

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my problem is
1) it rarely boots into CFW (take a huge number of tires because the screen does flash white (at times) but still does not boot into CFW)
2) when it does boot into CFW , it hangs if i do anything.
2.5) even if i open the browser. it hangs in either the internet browser logo page or it just hangs while trying to load the default page.
3) in the short time span that it does not hang , the ctrclient cannot establish a connection.

this is really frustrating.....

any solutions ?

BTW: there is a huge number of WiFi networks in the vicinity of the 3ds so much that it can't display the entire list.

This is normal. 4.5CFW is buggy, unstable, and requires praying to RNGesus for it to even boot.

It sounds stupid, but right after tapping on "DS Profile", keep tapping the screen like mad. It seems to slightly increase the chances of it fully booting.

Also, don't hold L while booting into it after the first time it runs. Holding L puts the CFW into some weird debugging(?) mode that's highly unstable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...