Hacking CFW won't Load even after White screen Flash ?

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all
i followed this guide to install CFW on my 3ds:

but in the part which tell me to hold the 'L' Button, and enter the DS profile settings and get the white screen flash, i do every thing right and even get a white flash but the top screen just stays the same........(Waited for 5 minutes)

am i doing something wrong ?

Does the screen stay white on the bottom, or go black -> white -> black?

If it goes black -> white you have an invalid emuNAND partition, and if it goes black white black, I would guess it is the same issue if it repeatedly doesn't boot.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The cfw boots fine without pressing the L key?

If not, the emunand is corrupted, or your SD is not good enough (very slow SD card or micro SD with low quality adapter may give this problem).

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
create a new folder in the sysnand (or change the icon zoom). When you enter in cfw you won't see this change. This is the easyest way.

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok my problem is still that, with or without holding down the 'L' button , i am unable to boot into CFW.

i click the DS profile button, then the top screen goes blue and the bottom screen does one the following:
1) stays Black
2) Black -> white (flash) -> black

either way i'm left staring at a blue top screen and a black bottom screen forever....

someone any ideas ?

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the only one way is try to do all the steps again:cry:

no, if you get the flashes the profile exploit is working, you probably messed up on one of the steps, start over

Oh well looks like i gotta start all over again.....

I will post back here with any further developments.

Thanks everyone !

this community is what makes GBATemp sooo awesome !

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the problem has sorted it self out after i repeated the CFW steps from the guide.
I have a feeling that the EmuNand got corrupted.

well case closed......

thank you everyone for your help !

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, take it from me the CFW is garbage. I mean it is a really really bad waste of time and I have personal grudge against a piece of software.
I wasted an afternoon trying to run it on one of my 3DS's so I could use my GW on the other and play local 2-player. I say wasted because it's garbage and it turned out to be much easier to just pop the GW into each system one at a time and use CIAs.
Unless you earn zero-income there's no point in using CFW. For the time it takes to setup and the time you waste trying to launch it each time the system powers off you'd be better off just working an hour or two overtime and buying a flash cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning