Hacking CFW won't Load even after White screen Flash ?

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he needs to hold the "L" button in order to install DevMenu. Have you already installed DevMenu or not?

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After spending like 15 hours I have decided to give up.

No matter what I do it refuses to work.

None the less thank you everyone who contributed in trying to solve my problem.

Its a shame that it did not work in the end , but I'm hoping that KARL3ds might be the answer to my prayers.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Darn, it would be a shame if you aren't successful so I'll try to share what happened in my experience......

I have already modified 3 3DS units, all of them successful
- Pink Classic 3DS (US) on Firmware 4.4U
- White Classic 3DS (JP) on Firmware 4.4J
- White Classic 3DS (JP) on Firmware 7.1J

I used this tutorial :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/

Here's what I remember on my second and third modification.....

- Before creating the emuNAND, I made sure that the 3DS is connecting to the Wi-Fi network AND the computer can connect to the 3DS. To verify this, I used the Network Scanner linked in the tutorial. When the 3DS is detected in the scanner, it says "Nintendo Co Ltd."
(As an addendum, when I used my normal router, my PC cannot detect the 3DS in the Wi-Fi network, what I did instead is create a hotspot from my Android phone and use that as the Wi-Fi connecting my 3DS and the PC.)

- Backed up the NAND.bin and then copied it to where emuNAND Dummy Creator / Tool is located.
- I set up emuNAND (The warnings about not finding NAND.bin did not happen in mine.) and the other stuff.
- Created the DBS folder and the 0-byte files "title.db" and "import.db"
- Now in the most annoying part, I enabled the WLAN switch in the 3DS before the "hold L Button after loading the DS Exploit and running the CFW". After the CFW loads, I immediately go to the Internet Browser. (If it crashes/hangs, tough luck, if not then that's darn lucky)
- I try to connect to any website. Since my Android hotspot isn't connected to the internet, it will do nothing, but the Wi-Fi status would change from "ENABLED" to "CONNECTED"
- After that happens, I use the Network Scanner again to verify that my PC can see (and connect) to the 3DS. If it gets detected, I copy the IP address seen in the Network Scanner and then edit the batch file.....

Example :
installcia 192.168.43.22 1 DevMenu_2x.cia

Hope this helps. :P

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, it would be a shame if you aren't successful so I'll try to share what happened in my experience......

I have already modified 3 3DS units, all of them successful
- Pink Classic 3DS (US) on Firmware 4.4U
- White Classic 3DS (JP) on Firmware 4.4J
- White Classic 3DS (JP) on Firmware 7.1J

I used this tutorial :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/

Here's what I remember on my second and third modification.....

- Before creating the emuNAND, I made sure that the 3DS is connecting to the Wi-Fi network AND the computer can connect to the 3DS. To verify this, I used the Network Scanner linked in the tutorial. When the 3DS is detected in the scanner, it says "Nintendo Co Ltd."
(As an addendum, when I used my normal router, my PC cannot detect the 3DS in the Wi-Fi network, what I did instead is create a hotspot from my Android phone and use that as the Wi-Fi connecting my 3DS and the PC.)

- Backed up the NAND.bin and then copied it to where emuNAND Dummy Creator / Tool is located.
- I set up emuNAND (The warnings about not finding NAND.bin did not happen in mine.) and the other stuff.
- Created the DBS folder and the 0-byte files "title.db" and "import.db"
- Now in the most annoying part, I enabled the WLAN switch in the 3DS before the "hold L Button after loading the DS Exploit and running the CFW". After the CFW loads, I immediately go to the Internet Browser. (If it crashes/hangs, tough luck, if not then that's darn lucky)
- I try to connect to any website. Since my Android hotspot isn't connected to the internet, it will do nothing, but the Wi-Fi status would change from "ENABLED" to "CONNECTED"
- After that happens, I use the Network Scanner again to verify that my PC can see (and connect) to the 3DS. If it gets detected, I copy the IP address seen in the Network Scanner and then edit the batch file.....

Example :
installcia 192.168.43.22 1 DevMenu_2x.cia

Hope this helps. :P
Really thank you for helping me out.

I'll try this thing one more time .:)

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in the end I've narrowed down as to why I keep failing.

1) the CFW still does not NECESSARILY load after the white screen flash. Its pure luck if it loads even after the white flash (on avg it takes 5 ~ 6 white flashes to load)

2) the ctr client error "failed to connect" does still persist because the 3ds is unable to maintain a constant connection with the network (more on that below )

3) my 3ds almost always heads into street pass mode ( sometimes it connects for like 10 sec to the internet then goes into street pas mode ) and hence hangs.

As per the suggestions of some I tried opening the web browser instantly after loading the CFW in network mode (that's what the hold L does !!!) But I had mixed results (never a favorable one ) like hanging at the browser logo , or even I managed enter a URL it hangs before it tries to load the page.
Or I open the browser and just leave it alone , it still hangs ....

So I've come to the obvious conclusion that due to the inability to maintain a steady connection in CFW ctr client is unable to install devmenu/big blue box .

Now this might be only my case but I have a feeling that the 3ds goes to street pass mode soon because there are a huge number of WiFi networks around me (10) and it takes time for the 3ds to locate my network.

If anyone has any suggestions pls do post.

And as always a big thank you to all who have helped me out thus far.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
The only time I was successful in install DevMenu is the time the CFW does not hang (at all). Which means about a painful time of trying that thing to load the internet browser, seeing the wifi connection to "connected" then finally using the Network Scanner / CTRClient.

I suggested the Android Hotspot so that the hotspot is just one feet away from the computer and the 3DS, ensuring a good connection. If it goes from Connected to Streetpass mode is perhaps it cannot connect to the Wifi network. Streetpass only happens if there is either nothing for the 3DS to connect to.

Someone suggested not holding the L button while trying to do the DS exploit, going into the settings then trying out the Wifi settings from there.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So in the end I've narrowed down as to why I keep failing.

1) the CFW still does not NECESSARILY load after the white screen flash. Its pure luck if it loads even after the white flash (on avg it takes 5 ~ 6 white flashes to load)

Change the SD, this should increase your chances to install devmenu.

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I had an idea and I guess it kinda worked ?...

in the CFW, I disabled street pass from the parental control.

So now when I enter the browser, it does not hang and it shows a constant internet connection.

But for some reason, the wireless network watcher is unable to find the 3ds .....

Now I'm really stumped.
Fixed one problem the next one appears ...

Any ideas anybody ?

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure the computer / laptop is connected to the same hotspot / wifi? :P

Like I said before, it's best to test the wifi connection in sysNAND first. :)

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the computer / laptop is connected to the same hotspot / wifi? :P

Like I said before, it's best to test the wifi connection in sysNAND first. :)

Yes they are connected on the same network .

The net watcher program works flawlessly on sysNAND.

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you checked the wifi settings in the CFW ?
i double, triple checked them.

they are correct...

i believe there is a way to statically allocate the 3DS a static IP address to use on a particular network.
do you know how to set that up for a android / windows hotspot with does not have a internet connection ?

boomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had multiple issues with installing CFW as well
I gave up after a few hours and tried again later
And after 100+ attempts I managed to get 3ds recognized to install cia
So my advice is don't give up

Maybe try from scratch again

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Odd how mine worked 3rd try, and that was with a Transcend 8GB Class 2 micro SD (used a micro SD to SD adapter)

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am using a sandisk 8GB class 4 micro SD (using a micro SD to SD adepter)

If this is any help, I noticed that if I didn't restore my 9.X 3DS SD files (the files on my SD before I downgraded), The CIA installer would give an error when trying to install BigBlueMenu (didn't try installing devmenu). BTW have you tried a different computer and/or network?

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is any help, I noticed that if I didn't restore my 9.X 3DS SD files (the files on my SD before I downgraded), The CIA installer would give an error when trying to install BigBlueMenu (didn't try installing devmenu). BTW have you tried a different computer and/or network?
Yes I have tried two different PCs and different networks as well , though all of them have been hotspots of different phones or laptops with or without internet connections.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released