CD Projekt and 'The Witcher' book author end royalties dispute and sign new deal

witcher.jpg

About a year ago, Andrzej Sapkowski, author of “The Witcher” books, demanded 60 million Polish Zlotys (roughly $16 million) in royalties from CD Projekt Red. It seems like the two parties have now come to an agreement which "satisfies and fully clarifies the needs and expectations of both parties, past and present, and sets out a framework for the future cooperation between the two sides".

The news come from a recent press release from CD Projekt Red. which reads that the latter and Sapkowski "signed an agreement further solidifying their relationship".

“We’ve always admired Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski’s works — a great inspiration for the team here at CD PROJEKT RED,” said Adam Kiciński, President and Joint CEO, CD PROJEKT in the press release. “I believe today marks a new stage in our continued relationship.”

The press release further makes note that "the agreement grants CD PROJEKT new rights, as well as confirms the company’s title to “The Witcher” intellectual property in video games, graphic novels, board games, and merchandise."

CD Projekt Red might have more planned for "The Witcher" series in its pipeline and with this agreement, more doors seem to have opened. What do you think they will come up with next for Geralt's adventures?

:arrow: SOURCE

snobbysteven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great to see, just because it means we will continue to get witcher games. Not because the author has more greed than the grinch.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Me, before entering this thread: "That's fair"

Me, after watching a video on him talking about his disdain of the games and how highly he thinks of himself: "This might be the most despicable and arrogant I've ever seen an author be"

Reactions: chartube12

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm interesting. Project Red CD was offered a great deal of money recently to become part of Microsoft. Last I heard they had to settle this dispute as part of the agreement if they decided to accept. I’m watching this situation closer now. If they do accept Microsoft’s buy up, will the witcher author go after them again for more money? He does seem like he’s the greedy type.
He probably can't and it was part of their agreement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit