CD Projekt outlines its long-term plans, confirms new Witcher trilogy, new IP, and Cyberpunk 2077 sequel

cdpr-default-907a37ee.jpg

CD Projekt has just revealed a slew of new games by announcing the company's plans for the next few years. The company's long-term outlook includes six new projects, ranging from a brand new IP, to more Cyberpunk content, and several new Witcher games.

The Witcher series will see three entries in a new trilogy and two spinoff games. Codename Sirius is "an innovative take on The Witcher universe" and will be developed by The Molasses Flood--one of CD Projekt's studios, though not to be confused with CD Projekt Red themselves. Project Canis Majoris will be a "story-driven, single-player open-world RPG" based in The Witcher universe, and will be developed by an unnamed third-party studio that consists of former developers from previous Witcher games.

Project Polaris is an ambitious one, promising not only a brand new Witcher title developed by CD Projekt Red, but a full trilogy of games. Polaris will be "built on the legacy" of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and is currently in the pre-production stage. Once the initial game in the trilogy is released, CD Projekt Red plans on delivering the other two sequels within a 6-year period.

Cyberpunk isn't left out of the party, either--a major expansion for Cyberpunk 2077, titled Phantom Liberty is currently nearing the end of its development, and will be released next year, adding lots of new story content to the game. Beyond that, CD Projekt Red plans on eventually developing a full sequel for Cyberpunk 2077; one that "will prove the full power and potential of the Cyberpunk universe".

Most of these projects have no set timeframe for release, and are early on in either development or even pre-production. Finally, a new internal IP is in the works, currently only in the conceptual phase, and worked on by "a small strike team", titled Project Hadar. This one will be developed internally, and has been an idea thrown around by the studio since late 2021. According to CD Projekt, this one will be distinct from either The Witcher or Cyberpunk 2077.

Pup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to play Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time yesterday on my new gaming rig... I now have a RTX 3070, so I thought, hey, the game received years of patching and I have a card that is more than sufficient! I can probably even do Ray-Tracing!

And yet... it refuses to give me a stable 60 FPS. :toot: I cannot imagine how it must have felt for the team to need to ship the first version that made it to market. If this is the performance NOW... just wow.
Must be just you. I have a RX 6600 (not even the XT), running all settings on high and I get a steady 60FPS.

Fallen_Fenrir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Back when CDPR was respected I felt that the company was over praised by just acting like a normal gaming company.

It was like praising the government for doing something that is his duty.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sequel?? Is the game even completely stable now and well polished, to begin with?
It actually is stable... And it's a really fun game. You should give it a try to dispel any preconceived notions.
Post automatically merged:

I tried to play Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time yesterday on my new gaming rig... I now have a RTX 3070, so I thought, hey, the game received years of patching and I have a card that is more than sufficient! I can probably even do Ray-Tracing!

And yet... it refuses to give me a stable 60 FPS. :toot: I cannot imagine how it must have felt for the team to need to ship the first version that made it to market. If this is the performance NOW... just wow.
It's widely known that you can't run this game on Ultra settings w/ RT on and expect consistent 60FPS gameplay, especially on a 3070. Maybe you can on a 3090Ti.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sequel?? Is the game even completely stable now and well polished, to begin with?
The game itself is honestly quite fun. It is janky but it doesn't take away from the overall game. It's actually quite rather charming. It's been a long way since launch and as someone that made fun of this game on launch, I'm glad that it's the way it is now.

I'm honestly excited to see what they can do with UE5. I fucking love Night City and I'm glad we're seeing more of it.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

turn on DLSS and set it to ultra quality or whatever with sharpening of around 0.50-0.60, you'll get a much better experience, and the game will be less blurry too.... ironically
also turn off global raytraced shadows and leave it to just local shadows and reflections

my 3080 also struggled to give me a solid 60fps as well until i upgraded from my ryzen 5 3600 as well, so you might be cpu bottlenecked as well depending on what you have

Reactions: nxwing

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
turn on DLSS and set it to ultra quality or whatever with sharpening of around 0.50-0.60, you'll get a much better experience, and the game will be less blurry too.... ironically
also turn off global raytraced shadows and leave it to just local shadows and reflections

my 3080 also struggled to give me a solid 60fps as well until i upgraded from my ryzen 5 3600 as well, so you might be cpu bottlenecked as well depending on what you have
Thanks! Ultra DLSS setting was giving me a strange look, but that ridiculous sharpening level works great actually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po