Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so I can install this if I have haxchi working correctly?
Yes
also, can I install my own config.txt to boot mocha by default? thanks
CBHC doesn't have a config.txt; the selectable boot options are hardcoded in the source (and Mocha is still one of them, I think), and from the same menu you select one you can pick which one to autoboot

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes

CBHC doesn't have a config.txt; the selectable boot options are hardcoded in the source (and Mocha is still one of them, I think), and from the same menu you select one you can pick which one to autoboot

so is it fine to leave my config.txt as is? and, never use the haxchi title after installing cbhc?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so is it fine to leave my config.txt as is? and, never use the haxchi title after installing cbhc?
First, config.txt on the SD is never used directly - the actual copy used by Haxchi is injected into the DS game along with the exploit

CBHC doesn't care at all about Haxchi or its configuration. Installing Haxchi before CBHC is never required (and you shouldn't reinstall haxchi before updating cbhc, just download and run a new cbhc installer).
People recommend installing and trying Haxchi first because this way you'll get advance warning of what would be a brick if you went directly to CBHC, for example if you installed it over a nonlegit DS game!

So Haxchi will be replaced by CBHC anyway (unless you have more than one exploitable DS game and install them to separate ones, of course - avoid doing this if only to reduce mental confusion, consider installing the channel version of the HBL instead afterwards)

Reactions: godreborn

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is mocha a part of cbhc or does it use mocha on the sd card? what if mocha is updated, how do u update cbhc?
Mocha updates are completely separate from CBHC updates
(and if you don't use a feature exclusive to Mocha - these are: wupserver, rednand, experimental fat32 usb support - no advantage to using Mocha, use the minicfw integrated in haxchi/cbhc that's faster to start and protects the DS game from deletion/reinstallation)

In any case, you continue updating Mocha by replacing its elf, and you continue to update CBHC by downloading the new installer and installing it directly over the old one!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cbhc protects the ds haxchi game from being deleted? how? my one problem with fat32 integration in mocha is that it causes that 2 hdds connected error that ustealth is supposed to negate. it can see through ustealth too, so it defeats the purpose with that error present.

andy1602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question... can't find answer for this, maybe because it's no problem at all, CHBC 1.6 is installed on my Wii U and it works well, no issues... Can I delete the user that purchased the exploited game (NSMB in this case) ? The reason is that I want to sell the system without my account... there are several games bought officialy on eshop with this account in the system as well, the sig patcher will also work for these games when I remove the account ? I just want to create a new account, remove the old one and let the new owner keep the games and make sure CHBC will keep working...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't find answer for this, maybe because it's no problem at all
or you simply missed the answer on the previous page
Can I delete the user that purchased the exploited game (NSMB in this case) ?
Yes, deleting an account does not revoke the tickets.
I just want to create a new account, remove the old one and let the new owner keep the games and make sure CHBC will keep working...
I've never created a new account on a machine that had another account on it, but unless eShop does something like "Here's a new NNID. Let's wipe all old console tickets and issue new ones" (which we have no reason to think it does) it won't matter.

Don't sell a machine with CBHC. If something happens and it bricks, you can't help them. You could tell them how to install CBHC from the tiny SD you left in the slot, you might even have a Haxchi button set to run the installer, but put the responsibility on them, not you.

andy1602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
or you simply missed the answer on the previous pageYes, deleting an account does not revoke the tickets.I've never created a new account on a machine that had another account on it, but unless eShop does something like "Here's a new NNID. Let's wipe all old console tickets and issue new ones" (which we have no reason to think it does) it won't matter.

Don't sell a machine with CBHC. If something happens and it bricks, you can't help them. You could tell them how to install CBHC from the tiny SD you left in the slot, you might even have a Haxchi button set to run the installer, but put the responsibility on them, not you.

Thanks man! In fact I was searching for answers using google, too ironic that the answer was in the previous page. People want the the console fully modded ready to use with games installed, I can provide that, it's in very good condition and complete with a few accessories, wish me luck!

Last edited by andy1602,

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone confirm if CBHC have region patching for disks! I know it's region free for installed games in usb/nand

D

Deleted User

Can someone confirm if CBHC have region patching for disks! I know it's region free for installed games in usb/nand
Some discs will work, some will not. You still need to do that RegionHax if your Japanese disc game doesn't work. [or use Openloader]

Reactions: memomo

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i can't seem to cancel autoboot anymore, could someone help me out with this please?
as i need to access Homebrew launcher to launch wupinstaller :l

i even have had Homebrew Launcher installed on my sysNAND (internal hdd) and whenever i launch that ,it does start fine but when i choose a homebrew app it gets stuck on the white screen and bottom right WiiU logo.
i have no idea why it won't start the apps.

but when i used to launch Homebrew from the chbc menu it starts all the apps fine :l

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't seem to cancel autoboot anymore, could someone help me out with this please?
as i need to access Homebrew launcher to launch wupinstaller :l

i even have had Homebrew Launcher installed on my sysNAND (internal hdd) and whenever i launch that ,it does start fine but when i choose a homebrew app it gets stuck on the white screen and bottom right WiiU logo.
i have no idea why it won't start the apps.

but when i used to launch Homebrew from the chbc menu it starts all the apps fine :l
Keep clicking home button while it's booting

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
But you might want to figure out why your having the other problems

oh yeah, i have no idea mate.

it never really worked for me , the installed Homebrew in my sysNAND's internal HDD (it runs just fine though).

but when i try loading an .elf file from it (some homebrew app, such as wupinstaller/SDcaffine) they just do not start up, it gets stuck on the blinking WiiU logo.
but when i first launch it from the autoboot menu, then all the elf files load up fine.

mayhap i should try to uninstall Homebrew launcher from my sysNAND's internal HDD and install it onto my USB HDD.

D

Deleted User

oh yeah, i have no idea mate.

it never really worked for me , the installed Homebrew in my sysNAND's internal HDD (it runs just fine though).

but when i try loading an .elf file from it (some homebrew app, such as wupinstaller/SDcaffine) they just do not start up, it gets stuck on the blinking WiiU logo.
but when i first launch it from the autoboot menu, then all the elf files load up fine.

mayhap i should try to uninstall Homebrew launcher from my sysNAND's internal HDD and install it onto my USB HDD.
Reinstall it to NAND. Wii U doesn't have Harddrive, it has flash memory [NAND]
You might also want to check for corrupted homebrew since those screw up HBL pretty badly.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Devrim

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have been using haxchi (non-cold boot) for a while, seems to work fine so I thought I just should install CBHC

These steps are correct right?
1. Place CBHC files on SD
2. Start Haxchi on console
3. Start Homebrew Launcher
4. Start CBHX app
5. Install and reboot

e:

Got it up and running :)

Last edited by Devrim,

Metro City

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, but i have a problem, after press Homebrew Launcher 2.1 apps work great, but if press "HOME" i have a black screen...
someone does anyone know how I can solve it?
THK

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have one question regarding CBHC.
What happens if you install CBHC and you don't have the SD card inserted into the Wii U when booting it up after CBHC is already installed?

Will it boot normally or will it blackscreen due to not finding the HBL executable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto