Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need hardware and soldering to restore a nand on wiiu. Mainly a teensy
rip sadly I'm not skilled in that regard yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only other way I know of is to edit the system.xml file to point it back to the system menu instead of the game title. I really wouldn't advise doing this tho unless you 100% know what you are doing because it's quite easy to brick.

I'm still baffled why they wont load tho, even got me googling ;)
If I do this succesfully would I be able to format the wiiu?

megatyler30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually been having similar issues. I would like to access home screen but am unable to as even when I click home twice then close from homebrew launcher it just goes back to homebrew launcher. On start-up there's no autobooting message.

D

Deleted User

So when I first installed CBHC on my Wii U I remember finding a post somewhere saying it is possible to add/remove options from the cbhc menu during startup.

I've since lost it in thin air and was wondering if anyone here knew how. I'd very much like to nerf the mocha option as I not only don't use mocha I do not even have it installed.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I first installed CBHC on my Wii U I remember finding a post somewhere saying it is possible to add/remove options from the cbhc menu during startup.

I've since lost it in thin air and was wondering if anyone here knew how. I'd very much like to nerf the mocha option as I not only don't use mocha I do not even have it installed.

there's a fork with several additional options, not sure about your own.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

just click home menu when seeing cbhc autoboot option and choose auto-boot to sysmenu, if there are other options you can never see them since it always auto-boot anyway.

D

Deleted User

just click home menu when seeing cbhc autoboot option and choose auto-boot to sysmenu, if there are other options you can never see them since it always auto-boot anyway.

That's not even remotely an answer, I said I wanted to know how to add or remove options, not skip the menu.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's not even remotely an answer, I said I wanted to know how to add or remove options, not skip the menu.
to add or remove options you would need to recompile the program after changing the code, and any error if you aren't an experienced coder could break your wiiu.

D

Deleted User

Unrelated to my previous inquiry, I would like to address this to everyones attention now that I can personally vouch for it.

Up until now I was under the assumption the DS VC title used to install was lost permanently.

As I mentioned in my reply, I'm uncertain if Fix94 is aware of this and wanted to bring it to his attention if not.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from my experience, usb takes priority over mlc. when I installed coldboot haxchi, I copied, not moved, he game to the mlc, yet everything is still intact.. the system doesn't seem to care where the game is, only that's using the same system. ;)

D

Deleted User

from my experience, usb takes priority over mlc. when I installed coldboot haxchi, I copied, not moved, he game to the mlc, yet everything is still intact.. the system doesn't seem to care where the game is, only that's using the same system. ;)

For me personally I love that this works because my USB lives in my Wii U, and this just adds a layer of security so I don't have a self destruct button on system menu waiting for any asshole to use.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Unrelated to my previous inquiry, I would like to address this to everyones attention now that I can personally vouch for it.

Up until now I was under the assumption the DS VC title used to install was lost permanently.

As I mentioned in my reply, I'm uncertain if Fix94 is aware of this and wanted to bring it to his attention if not.
you know you can just get the ds title, edit its gameid and it will install with another gameid so it wont install over haxchi since different gameid means different game for wiiu,

D

Deleted User

you know you can just get the ds title, edit its gameid and it will install with another gameid so it wont install over haxchi since different gameid means different game for wiiu,

Even if I did know this prior, you're speaking gibberish to me. I personally wouldn't know how to even go about editing the gameid, and I'm guessing at the very least that would require a PC, which I do not own.

This method at least works great for someone like me who doesn't tamper with files.

Last edited by ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can edit the controllers in the meta.xml for that game.

I'm not really sure how it would work if editing the game id, because the ticket contains the title id as well. you can have both a fake and a legit ticket on the system at once, but if the fake one comes first in the ticket bucket = brick.

tyber16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey guys. I bought a wii u today. it has CBHC v 1.6 I have only a xenoblade chronicles x and i ordered a monster hunter 3 ultimate. Can i play Monster Hunter 3 online with this cbhc? And i can't update xenoblade chronicles to v. 1.0.2. Why is that? Can you help me please? Xeno its not that important but monster hunter is. I bought the console only because of this 2 game. Or is there a way to completely delete this CBHC and all this kind of stuff from the system ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Meanwhile i found a video where it shows how to delete the CBHC. This is it: If i uninstall the CBHC like this than it's good? I mean if i can't play monster hunter 3 online now than can i play online after doing this?

Last edited by tyber16,
D

Deleted User

In this case I'm questioning the seller. v1.6 on 5.3.3 is what I'm using right now and there are no issues updating any titles or accesing eshop. And yes you can play online, cfw won't stop that, just cheating.

There shouldn't be a reason CBHC is preventing this. If you want to keep coldboot check that the DNS isn't set to manual and try the update again or use NNU Patcher.

If you plan to get rid of it yeah, just like the video says, but you should also delete cbhc from Data Management after running the cbhc uninstall.

Note: it is also slightly possible you've been sold a banned console.

Last edited by ,

tyber16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
In this case I'm questioning the seller. v1.6 on 5.3.3 is what I'm using right now and there are no issues updating any titles or accesing eshop. And yes you can play online, cfw won't stop that, just cheating.

There shouldn't be a reason CBHC is preventing this. If you want to keep coldboot check that the DNS isn't set to manual and try the update again or use NNU Patcher.

If you plan to get rid of it yeah, just like the video says, but you should also delete cbhc from Data Management after running the cbhc uninstall.

Note: it is also slightly possible you've been sold a banned console.

I see, but in the beginning on the video it warns you to never uninstall cbhc from the system settings because it will brick the wii u. I deleted the CBHC just like in the video than i checked the data management and the haxchi, wup installer gx2 and the homebrew launcher are still there. My DS virtual console game was Yoshi and it dissapeared and i can't redownload it from the shop so i don't know how to reinstall it or should i even reinstall it? I found this tip on another page where it says to delete haxchi "delete you DS virtual console game from data management than reinstall it from eshop2. I didn't check earlier but when i uninstalled the CBHC than this game wasn't in the data management and i don't know how to reinstall because i can't download it from the eshop. My DNS setting was in auto updates. Is this because i use my router ? When i bought the console it had the latest update for cbhc and for the system too. So I don't know if this DS virtual game stuff actually matters? Should i delete this 3 stuff (haxchi, wup installer and homebrew launcher) from the data management?
Oh and one more thing. I use my created user on the console and it has 2 others, the first i quess installed this haxchi and cbhc, the second is from i bought the wii u and the third is mine. If i had to delete this 3 thing from the data management then can i delete them if i'm logged in with my user or is should use one of theirs? And can i delete their users?

Last edited by tyber16,
D

Deleted User

The warnings regarding never uninstalling cbhc from system settings only apply if cbhc is actively installed and you are on cfw.

Once you run cbhc uninstall from the homebrew launcher you are no longer on cfw at all, so there is no longer a risk of break from uninstalling. Then all the homebrew channels just becomes a dead icons.

Did you purchase the NDS VC game or is it a game from your account or was it already on the Wii U?

Can you download anything at all from eshop?

Have you attempted to play Monster Hunters online?

DS virtual console does matter if you plan on using Haxchi or Coldboot and should always be a DS VC title you purchased on your own account, because they use data related to your system and account obtained from the compatible title. Otherwise there is Mocha CFW and the browser exploit.

Last edited by ,

tyber16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The warnings regarding never uninstalling cbhc from system settings only apply if cbhc is actively installed and you are on cfw.

Once you run cbhc uninstall from the homebrew launcher you are no longer on cfw at all, so there is no longer a risk of break from uninstalling. Then all the homebrew channels just becomes a dead icons.

Did you purchase the NDS VC game or is it a game from your account or was it already on the Wii U?

Can you download anything at all from eshop?

Have you attempted to play Monster Hunters online?

DS virtual console does matter if you plan on using Haxchi or Coldboot and should always be a DS VC title you purchased on your own account, because they use data related to your system and account obtained from the compatible title. Otherwise there is Mocha CFW and the browser exploit.

I don't know. Everything was on the wii u when i bought it. I bought it from an unknown person from a selling site in my country (sorry for my bad english ) And yes i can download anything from the eshop. For example i downloaded add on packs for the xenoblade. I don't have monster hunter 3 yet. I ordered it from amazon and it will arrive next week. The Ds game belonged for another account. There was 2 other user on the system. I think the first one installed this cbhc and the second user, the one from i bought the console just used the console and than he sold it. I made a completely new user for myself. I don't want to use any off this i just want to play xenobalde and monster hunter 3 ultimate offline and online. I just want to delete all this stuff if possible and play these 2 games and use the console just like a regular wii u.

D

Deleted User

Okay so to go over it since you said you do not wish to use anything that was left on it.

So if you've already uninstalled cbhc from homebrew launcher, you can go ahead and uninstall cbhc, haxchi, wup installer and the homebrew launcher from data management.

As well as delete the other users. But like I asked I want to confirm you can perform every regular task from your own created account before hand.

Because there's no such thing as cfw that prevents online access, so not being able to update is a red flag.

I'm suggesting because its important. Try to update Xenoblade, and play Monster Hunter online from your own account.

If you can then you no longer need anything from the previous owner. If you cannot you are going to want to keep some of what is on the SD or USB with the homebrew (not the channels or users) to make it easier on you if fixes need to be made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I honestly like the English dub better than subs, but that's just my opinion. Japanese dub w/... +1