Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
install a forwarder channel. I've never tried opening haxchi while in cbhc, but I know the config.txt will no longer work after switching. u can find a forwarder on these forums somewhere. install with wup installer.

And what about the hbl chanel? is there any disvantage installing it as a channel?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed haxchi and cbhc, the system starts fine and i can play my backups normally but when i enter the haxchi chanel to open the hbl i gt a black screen...
You're not supposed to me messing with HaxChi after it's been setup with CBHC. You're asking for a brick.

There are still plenty of ways to get into HBL after CBHC install. HBL Channel is a good one.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed haxchi and cbhc, the system starts fine and i can play my backups normally but when i enter the haxchi chanel to open the hbl i gt a black screen...
You can still access haxchi as a channel on your home menu if you want? usually after installing cbhc your haxchi channel will keep the last install so if you install cbhc at first, it should keep as your original homebrew haxchi method ds title on your cfw system menu, if you install cbhc again, it will have a cbhc menu come up not straight to homebrew launcher as it did, not your last haxchi homebrew channel settings, if you understand me that is I know it sounds confussing! If your getting a black screen entering haxchi again, which you shouldn't really are you sure your not using the version of homebrew launcher for .rpx and not .elf version because this is a known issue? Tbh if I was you go and install cbhc again> go back into your homebrew launcher in system menu cfw and run cbhc install, when you go back into your cfw system menu and start up your haxchi DS title it should have a separate cbhc menu like it does on boot up, that you can use completely separate than your real cbhc install, its quite handy. Apart from than that, like @Kafluke mentioned just install channels on your cfw system menu using gx2 wupinstaller. I'm sure this is what it did with me but tbh I was running my own custom code coldboothax menu so I was constantly testing it out but I'm sure my original haxchi title kept the last install every time I installed cbhc again, it would go like 1>2 then 2>3 and so on, on the cfw menu. Mind you I did it so many times such a long time ago I'm probably completely wrong and just lost touch now but I'm 96% sure that's how the install goes!

Last edited by Reecey,

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
You can still access haxchi as a channel on your home menu if you want? usually after installing cbhc your haxchi channel will keep the last install so if you install cbhc at first, it should keep as your original homebrew haxchi method ds title on your cfw system menu, if you install cbhc again, it will have a cbhc menu come up not straight to homebrew launcher as it did, not your last haxchi homebrew channel settings, if you understand me that is I know it sounds confussing! If your getting a black screen entering haxchi again, which you shouldn't really are you sure your not using the version of homebrew launcher for .rpx and not .elf version because this is a known issue? Tbh if I was you go and install cbhc again> go back into your homebrew launcher in system menu cfw and run cbhc install, when you go back into your cfw system menu and start up your haxchi DS title it should have a separate cbhc menu like it does on boot up, that you can use completely separate than your real cbhc install, its quite handy. Apart from than that, like @Kafluke mentioned just install channels on your cfw system menu using gx2 wupinstaller. I'm sure this is what it did with me but tbh I was running my own custom code coldboothax menu so I was constantly testing it out but I'm sure my original haxchi title kept the last install every time I installed cbhc again, it would go like 1>2 then 2>3 and so on, on the cfw menu. Mind you I did it so many times such a long time ago I'm probably completely wrong and just lost touch now but I'm 96% sure that's how the install goes!

Okay, i tried again opening haxchi chanel and it entered normally saying autobooting and i can press home to enter the menu and select one of the options fine. So maybe sometimes it frezze?
Another question: any disadvantage installing hbl as a chanel?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i tried again opening haxchi chanel and it entered normally saying autobooting and i can press home to enter the menu and select one of the options fine. So maybe sometimes it frezze?
Another question: any disadvantage installing hbl as a chanel?
No disadvantages. Just install HBL channel. It's what most CFW users use

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
don't know. u might need to reinstall the channel. the homebrew launcher and channels work, right?

Eveything is working fine, is just the hbl2thbc that is not working anymore. With previous version of coldboothax was working fine but with this new version it doesn work.

Last edited by mike087,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eveything is working fine, is just the hbl2thbc that is not working anymore. With previous version of coldboothax was working fine but with this new version it doesn work.
HBL to hbc isn't a channel. People use HaxChi to launch it sometimes from channel. Did you install CBHC to the wrong HaxChi?

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
HBL to hbc isn't a channel. People use HaxChi to launch it sometimes from channel. Did you install CBHC to the wrong HaxChi?
My bad, is a forwarder that i installed and was working fine before this new cbhc. CBHC and haxchi are working fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad u got it working as I was confused by ur issue. I think u can boot directly into the hbc with cbhc mod btw. it has several more options. if u only want to boot into sysNAND (usually), I'd stick with normal cbhc though.

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes i know but i usually boot into sysnand so is useful for me the forwarder.
Another question: the cbhc change my firmware to 99.99.99, so i can use the normal dns in my internet conection? cuz the ones that im using to block updates i think are giving me problems.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't understand the question. yes, ur firmware is spoofed to that with cbhc. I use ccproxy to block updates on all my systems, so I don't have a dns problem. my systems can't connect unless my laptop is connected. it's how I found a way to block ps4 updates. it's very easy to do. I have a ps4 tutorial on it. u just need to block the wii u update servers which I have listed on psx-place (a website). no issues that I've found.

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
don't understand the question. yes, ur firmware is spoofed to that with cbhc. I use ccproxy to block updates on all my systems, so I don't have a dns problem. my systems can't connect unless my laptop is connected. it's how I found a way to block ps4 updates. it's very easy to do. I have a ps4 tutorial on it. u just need to block the wii u update servers which I have listed on psx-place (a website). no issues that I've found.
But with your firmware spoofed to 99.99.99 you dont need ccproxy anymore cuz your wii u not gona detect a new firmware version due to the 99.99.99 firmware.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I can say that when I spoofed 5.5.1 on 5.3.2 (it said 5.5.1 in system settings) I was still able to update to 5.5.1 without undoing it which was/is impossible afaik. ...so, I don't think a spoof matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy