Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
well, I can say that when I spoofed 5.5.1 on 5.3.2 (it said 5.5.1 in system settings) I was still able to update to 5.5.1 without undoing it which was/is impossible afaik. ...so, I don't think a spoof matters.
Oh ok, well... i dont see the point of spoofing to 99.99.99 then.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But with your firmware spoofed to 99.99.99 you dont need ccproxy anymore cuz your wii u not gona detect a new firmware version due to the 99.99.99 firmware.
There hasn't been an update since the feature was added, so we don't know if spoofing the version will be effective. There probably won't be another update, and spoofing probably would prevent its application. But most people aren't satisfied with probablys.
Oh ok, well... i dont see the point of spoofing to 99.99.99 then.
The feature was added before BoTW shipped, and that could have been an opportune time for Nintendo to release an update. The update didn't happen, so the spoofing doesn't do much except to identify to Nintendo that you're running a hacked console.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure exactly. it may only exist if cbhc is loaded. the system can and will update in the background from what I remember. it could be for online games though, because I know online games worked if the firmware was spoofed on 5.3.2.

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
There hasn't been an update since the feature was added, so we don't know if spoofing the version will be effective. There probably won't be another update, and spoofing probably would prevent its application. But most people aren't satisfied with probablys.
The feature was added before BoTW shipped, and that could have been an opportune time for Nintendo to release an update. The update didn't happen, so the spoofing doesn't do much except to identify to Nintendo that you're running a hacked console.
If it doesnt prevent from a update why the added the feature?

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It's intended to keep the console from updating, but we can't possibly know if it works or not since there's no update to test it with.
So we better keep the special dnss to block the updates, just in case XD. But now im a little worried about nexusmtz said: "so the spoofing doesn't do much except to identify to Nintendo that you're running a hacked console".

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes i know but i usually boot into sysnand so is useful for me the forwarder.
Another question: the cbhc change my firmware to 99.99.99, so i can use the normal dns in my internet conection? cuz the ones that im using to block updates i think are giving me problems.
That doesn't change anything about how updates work, the displayed version is just that and each title can be updated separately

You can get updated DNS visiting loadiine.ovh from PC

Of course if you're willing to bet that there won't be future WiiU updates you could disable custom DNS just fine

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But now im a little worried about nexusmtz said: "so the spoofing doesn't do much except to identify to Nintendo that you're running a hacked console".
If you're concerned about it, just run one of the versions before that feature was added. All that was added since then are the title delete/move protections. If you want those protections, you could compile a version without the 99.99.99 code.

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
If you're concerned about it, just run one of the versions before that feature was added. All that was added since then are the title delete/move protections. If you want those protections, you could compile a version without the 99.99.99 code.
I saw the official changelog and says:
Changes: when in cbhc/haxchi cfw, patch system menu version to be 99.99.99 to protect from potential updates.
So, is not usless as some ppl think.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the official changelog and says:
Changes: when in cbhc/haxchi cfw, patch system menu version to be 99.99.99 to protect from potential updates.
So, is not usless as some ppl think.
You're missing the point. Even the developer doesn't know if that works:

After installing it you better go ahead and set up some DNS server protection to block potential future system updates, while CBHC will fake the system version to 99.99.99 it still adds another safety factor just in case
keep in mind that i of course cant promise that it'll actually block updates since there hasnt been an update in ages which is why its suggested to also set up dns protection.

And who said that spoofing is useless? It's fine if you understand that it might not help, and you don't care that your console is announcing your version number and console ID in the user agent of the GETs you execute. (That hasn't gotten anyone banned so far.)

QnixGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I just installed this and now I have question.
If I install USA's SNES VC game to my CBHC 1.6 modded PAL WiiU, it will run NTSC games just like normal NTSC console, right?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just installed this and now I have question.
If I install USA's SNES VC game to my CBHC 1.6 modded PAL WiiU, it will run NTSC games just like normal NTSC console, right?
Yes and no; the minicfw provides region free (so foreign games can be started from the launcher) but not region spoofing (games will be able to see it's an european console, most won't care but some will break - use the Spiik homebrew for those)
WiiU VC games shouldn't need region spoofing, at least all I've tried

dotdissent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone pinpoint a reason why CBHC + SDCafiine (HBL Version) + Smash throws a DSI Exception error when trying to enter the Friends List in the Home button menu? Even if I have no mods installed, it bombs every time.

6W6WC8L.png

Edit: I have determined this doesn't happen with the Loadiine.ovh version of SDCafiine.

Last edited by dotdissent,

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get back my system 5.5.1 instead of system version 99.99.99 used in CBHC?

This is what happen, I got the new DLC of BOTW from June 30th, 2017, and the new update v97, so I installed first the update v97, then the new DLC, but when I try to run the game it start, and after of the title, it appear a windows asking me to update the system menu, and it says that will return back to the menu, and it does not alow me to use the game, so it goes back to the Wii U menu, I think that is because now that I have installed CBHC it appear in my system menu 99.99.99 instead of the last one version 5.5.1, do any of you have a solution for this?

Note: When I desinstall the DLC, it star over to work again the game with all of my save, thanks god, but when I put back again the new DLC it happen the same.

in SPANISH
¿Cómo recupero mi sistema 5.5.1 en lugar de la versión 99.99.99 del sistema utilizado en CBHC?

Esto es lo que sucede, tengo el nuevo DLC de BOTW a partir del 30 de junio de 2017, y la nueva actualización v97, así que instalé primero la actualización v97, luego el nuevo DLC, pero cuando intento ejecutar el juego empieza y después del título, aparece una ventana que me pide que actualice el menú del sistema, y dice que volverá al menú, y no me permite utilizar el juego, por lo que se remonta al menú del Wii U, creo que es porque ahora que he instalado CBHC aparece en mi menú del sistema 99.99.99 en lugar de la última versión 5.5.1, ¿alguno de ustedes tiene una solución para esto?

Nota: Cuando desinstalo el DLC, se vuelve a poner a trabajar el juego con todas mis salvaciones, gracias a Dios, pero cuando vuelvo a poner de nuevo el nuevo DLC sucede lo mismo.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
How do I get back my system 5.5.1 instead of system version 99.99.99 used in CBHC?

This is what happen, I got the new DLC of BOTW from June 30th, 2017, and the new update v97, so I installed first the update v97, then the new DLC, but when I try to run the game it start, and after of the title, it appear a windows asking me to update the system menu, and it says that will return back to the menu, and it does not alow me to use the game, so it goes back to the Wii U menu, I think that is because now that I have installed CBHC it appear in my system menu 99.99.99 instead of the last one version 5.5.1, do any of you have a solution for this?

Note: When I desinstall the DLC, it star over to work again the game with all of my save, thanks god, but when I put back again the new DLC it happen the same.

in SPANISH
¿Cómo recupero mi sistema 5.5.1 en lugar de la versión 99.99.99 del sistema utilizado en CBHC?

Esto es lo que sucede, tengo el nuevo DLC de BOTW a partir del 30 de junio de 2017, y la nueva actualización v97, así que instalé primero la actualización v97, luego el nuevo DLC, pero cuando intento ejecutar el juego empieza y después del título, aparece una ventana que me pide que actualice el menú del sistema, y dice que volverá al menú, y no me permite utilizar el juego, por lo que se remonta al menú del Wii U, creo que es porque ahora que he instalado CBHC aparece en mi menú del sistema 99.99.99 en lugar de la última versión 5.5.1, ¿alguno de ustedes tiene una solución para esto?

Nota: Cuando desinstalo el DLC, se vuelve a poner a trabajar el juego con todas mis salvaciones, gracias a Dios, pero cuando vuelvo a poner de nuevo el nuevo DLC sucede lo mismo.
Uhm, there isn't a new sysupdate

Reactions: retrofan_k

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Interesting, I'll check this out later on my setup. 5.5.1 is the latest OFW and 99.99.99 is just version spoofing, which should not cause a problem when the game tries to load.

Edit:

@BoxNinPlay

I updated mine (EUR) from V80 to V97, then installed the DLC all to my USB storage. The game loads fine showing Version 1.3.0 - DLC Version 2.0 and "Master Mode" on the main menu.

Previous saves also load fine and no messages about updating. Are you installing all updates and DLC to USB? and using the correct region i.e EUR game/EUR updates/DLC?

Maybe try downloading the update and DLC again or try a different SD card, as the data may have got corrupted or the SD card too.

I prefer to download all files to my PC HDD and then copy it all to the SD card and install it, instead of download directly to the SD, a bit longer but I know it's saved properly to my PC first.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I'll check this out later on my setup. 5.5.1 is the latest OFW and 99.99.99 is just version spoofing, which should not cause a problem when the game tries to load.

Edit:

@BoxNinPlay

I updated mine (EUR) from V80 to V97, then installed the DLC all to my USB storage. The game loads fine showing Version 1.3.0 - DLC Version 2.0 and "Master Mode" on the main menu.

Previous saves also load fine and no messages about updating. Are you installing all updates and DLC to USB? and using the correct region i.e EUR game/EUR updates/DLC?

Maybe try downloading the update and DLC again or try a different SD card, as the data may have got corrupted or the SD card too.

I prefer to download all files to my PC HDD and then copy it all to the SD card and install it, instead of download directly to the SD, a bit longer but I know it's saved properly to my PC first.
Ok Thanks for answering, it probably was a file corrupted or the SD Card, so I used another SD Card and copy everything again and now I got it, is working perfect, thanks to all for your help.

Reactions: retrofan_k

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Let's assume CBHC is installed and configured to run Mocha CFW(with RedNAND) at boot.
Because RedNAND was created while CBHC was already installed to SysNAND CBHC is also installed on RedNAND (correct ???)
Now when in RedNAND can i run the CBHC-installer to uninstall CBHC (and further on uninstall Haxchi as well) only from RedNAND ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.