Hacking Can I install a wii game on my wii u hd?

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a wii game that I really like an id' like to play it on my wii u. Is it possible to install it on my wii U hd?

D

Deleted User

If it's a disc, just insert it to Wii U.
If it's a .wbfs game, copy it to SDCard/Dedicated HDD for vWii and play it using Wiiflow/USB Loader GX.

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably more my ignorance than anything else. It's a disk. Can I install a Wii disk onto a Wii u so I don't have to use the disk any more?

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You go to vWii, insert the disk into your Wii U and play ^^ And yes, USB Loader GX or WiiFlow have a dumping disk fonction

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably more my ignorance than anything else. It's a disk. Can I install a Wii disk onto a Wii u so I don't have to use the disk any more?
You can, but you'd have to use a different drive. The Wii U's USB file system is encrypted and only works properly in Wii U mode.

For Wii USB loaders, you'll need a dedicated FAT32 drive. (Partitions won't work, since Wii U doesn't support them.)

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the question is can you mix both Wii U and vWii content on the same hard drive... and the answer is no, at least not yet. And don't hold your breath waiting for it.

Assuming you already have one external drive that the Wii U has already formatted for it's stuff, you'll need to buy a second external drive. Using UStealth you can "hide" the secondary hard drive from the Wii U, this will prevent you from accidentally formatting that drive as well. Dump all your Wii games on there.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I believe the question is can you mix both Wii U and vWii content on the same hard drive... and the answer is no, at least not yet. And don't hold your breath waiting for it.

Assuming you already have one external drive that the Wii U has already formatted for it's stuff, you'll need to buy a second external drive. Using UStealth you can "hide" the secondary hard drive from the Wii U, this will prevent you from accidentally formatting that drive as well. Dump all your Wii games on there.
You technically can, using the buggy and unfinished FAT32 support in Mocha.
It will work fine for Wii games but Wii U games are a bit of a hassle as installing games to a FAT32 drive requires workarounds that have to be done for every game and load times are longer. Once installed the games should work fine though (albeit with extremely long load times in certain games such as BotW)
Still there are some people willing to deal with all that just to have everything on one drive.
I think the best solution is to put Wii games on the SD card instead, but then you can't use USB Loader GX. Other USB loaders will work though.

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... Might just be easier to stick in the disc when I want to play. I'm using HAXCHI on Wii U and don't want to add addt'l HD's or another hack just to install an old wii disc.

Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use HDs I use USB sticks. Got two sticking out the back of my wii U you can't even see them normally. One is a 128 gig i bought for 30 bucks for my WiiU....the other is an 8 gig for those Wii games that don't work from my 128 gig SD in WiiFlow... used Ustealth on it and the build of USBLoader GX that can detect a stealthed drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...