• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Can Donald Trump become President Again?

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump becoming president again equates to the planet imploding on itself. Make sense, like lighting a match and throwing it on the ground in Antarctica will instantly melt the entire continent and cause major flooding around the globe.
trump should have never been presedent he hast even had a majority vote once

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gotta be honest : he might. Republicans would nominate a paper bag if they thought it was electable, and Donald had more votes in 2020 than in 2016. Republicans have also gone from evil by passing laws that would make it harder for the large population to actually... Y'know... Exercise the democratic right to vote.

Otherwise put: Americans are stupid enough to vote for him again.

Kind of wondering what's his slogan going to be now

"make America great again again again" ?

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's right, that's how he became president in the first place, by not getting the majority vote. Makes sense.
Holy shit you're telling me you aren't even aware of the existence of the electoral college? No Republican president has won the popular vote since George Bush Sr.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically he could but probably be too old to be honest, Trump would be 77 if he did win.
People brought up John McCain's age before when he ran, but for some reason, age stopped being brought up so much.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit you're telling me you aren't even aware of the existence of the electoral college? No Republican president has won the popular vote since George Bush Sr.
If we let the popular vote decided who won we'd be even more fucked than we are now. Yes, I do know about the Electoral College so fuck off good sir. Trump was presidenrt because people the majority wanted him in. Get over it. Unless you also think it was "stolen", then I guess 2020 was stolen as well.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If we let the popular vote decided who won we'd be even more fucked than we are now.
"What are we, some sort of democracy or something?"

Trump was presidenrt because people the majority wanted him in
Dude, do you have multiple personalities? I only ask because the other you just acknowledged that Trump won solely because of the electoral college. If the majority of the voting population wanted him in, the majority would've voted for him. Pretty simple concept.

Last edited by Xzi,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If we let the popular vote decided who won we'd be even more fucked than we are now. Yes, I do know about the Electoral College so fuck off good sir.
Ah, i guess @Xzi hasn't picked up on your sarca...
Trump was presidenrt because people the majority wanted him in.
... Either you somehow manage to completely forget what it is in your very next sentence, or you have no idea what @Xzi had just said. :rofl:

So... No. Xzi shouldn't fuck off. You should pay more attention (or even a minimum of attention, as it's really not that hard). Trump didn't get the majority of voters. In 2016 he just won in more strategically important states. In 2020, Biden won in more of those AND got the popular vote. It's just that the latter is a fun little trivia in us elections.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
He technically can, but

0ed.png

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think he knows were just discussing how stupid it is

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we let the popular vote decided who won we'd be even more fucked than we are now. Yes, I do know about the Electoral College so fuck off good sir. Trump was presidenrt because people the majority wanted him in. Get over it. Unless you also think it was "stolen", then I guess 2020 was stolen as well.
bro the majority didnt tho trump has never had a majority vote LoL

Reactions: Lacius

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, do you have multiple personalities? I only ask because the other you just acknowledged that Trump won solely because of the electoral college. If the majority of the voting population wanted him in, the majority would've voted for him. Pretty simple concept.
We are in a democracy, and the majority did vote him in. I don't know what's so difficult for your brain to comprehend this?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering that statistically governments that get into a war keep office I guess you'll have Kamala for a long time in there.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Most of what the other side says about Trump and what he said or what he did are complete lies. Take for example the January 6th mostly peaceful protests, where a few hundred people out of a couple hundred thousand broke off of the main group and decided to riot. Trump never instructed anyone to do that and told them to stop and go home after the fact.

Then there's the coronavirus response in which the liberals called Trump a racist for closing the borders and doing many other things like forming a CDC task force to deal with the threat. So when he responded he was called a racist and then after all that his administration did the liberals now claim he didn't do anything or enough.

Of course there's the many misquotes like the 3 tweets instructing certain members of Congress to go back to their home countries, fix their problems and then come back and tell us how it's done. The liberals decided to take part of 1 of 3 tweets and use it out of context to attack him and again called him a racist.

Then there's the first impeachment attempt where Volodymyr Zelenskyy the President of Ukraine and Trump the President of the United States agreed on a trade deal and then were accused of Quid Pro Quo by the liberals over the terms. Both parties in the deal said there is no Quid Pro Quo yet the Democrats decided to impeach Trump anyway and in the end he was acquitted of all charges because he was innocent. I'm not exactly sure why the liberals would call Volodymyr Zelenskyy a liar then and now during the current war would believe what he has to say, but logic rarely attaches itself to the liberal mindset I suppose.

The best thing Trump did in my opinion wasn't legalizing hemp, shutting down the borders to prevent the spread of covid-19 or overseeing one of the best economies in my lifetime. The best thing he did was shine a light on how corrupt the main stream media is. He shined a light on how they use their position and power to deceive and now around half of the USA's population or 166,283,977 people are now aware of the fact that they had and are still being lied to. With this new found awareness millions of people can now decipher fact from fiction and see the Democrats and liberals as the evil scum they are.

There's nothing stopping Donald Trump from running for President again in 2024 and due to the way Joe Biden's economy is makes what Trump can offer all of us look mighty tempting. I for one will vote for him again ... no doubt. He isn't perfect and I don't worship any human, but he did a damned good job while he was President. It's just unfortunate that he lost to Joe Biden and hopefully will win again in 2024.

Go Trump! Make America Great Again!

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't think Trump will ever be president again, but what I do think is that Biden's term needs to end as soon as possible.

I'm not saying that Biden should resign, but rather that "time passes quickly enough" for elections to be held again in the USA

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are in a democracy, and the majority did vote him in. I don't know what's so difficult for your brain to comprehend this?
Donald Trump has never won the popular vote in a presidential election. Not in 2016, and not in 2020.

Most of what the other side says about Trump and what he said or what he did are complete lies. Take for example the January 6th mostly peaceful protests, where a few hundred people out of a couple hundred thousand broke off of the main group and decided to riot. Trump never instructed anyone to do that and told them to stop and go home after the fact.

Then there's the coronavirus response in which the liberals called Trump a racist for closing the borders and doing many other things like forming a CDC task force to deal with the threat. So when he responded he was called a racist and then after all that his administration did the liberals now claim he didn't do anything or enough.

Of course there's the many misquotes like the 3 tweets instructing certain members of Congress to go back to their home countries, fix their problems and then come back and tell us how it's done. The liberals decided to take part of 1 of 3 tweets and use it out of context to attack him and again called him a racist.

Then there's the first impeachment attempt where Volodymyr Zelenskyy the President of Ukraine and Trump the President of the United States agreed on a trade deal and then were accused of Quid Pro Quo by the liberals over the terms. Both parties in the deal said there is no Quid Pro Quo yet the Democrats decided to impeach Trump anyway and in the end he was acquitted of all charges because he was innocent. I'm not exactly sure why the liberals would call Volodymyr Zelenskyy a liar then and now during the current war would believe what he has to say, but logic rarely attaches itself to the liberal mindset I suppose.

The best thing Trump did in my opinion wasn't legalizing hemp, shutting down the borders to prevent the spread of covid-19 or overseeing one of the best economies in my lifetime. The best thing he did was shine a light on how corrupt the main stream media is. He shined a light on how they use their position and power to deceive and now around half of the USA's population or 166,283,977 people are now aware of the fact that they had and are still being lied to. With this new found awareness millions of people can now decipher fact from fiction and see the Democrats and liberals as the evil scum they are.

There's nothing stopping Donald Trump from running for President again in 2024 and due to the way Joe Biden's economy is makes what Trump can offer all of us look mighty tempting. I for one will vote for him again ... no doubt. He isn't perfect and I don't worship any human, but he did a damned good job while he was President. It's just unfortunate that he lost to Joe Biden and hopefully will win again in 2024.

Go Trump! Make America Great Again!
Regardless of how you feel about the capitol riots, the protests themselves were against democracy and free/fair elections.

Edit: It would be a mistake for me to ignore that Donald Trump also relished in the violence and initially responded to pleas to call off the violence by praising the violent protesters and condemning those making the pleas as not caring as much about America as those violently storming the Capitol.

Last edited by Lacius,

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think a lot of americans that normally would sit out would come out to prevent trump from winning again. lots of people are worried about what an unhinged president with trumps track record would do during this crisis. the republicans are fracturing with chunks of the republican establishment pulling away from trumpworld. younger more liberal people who might have sat out in 2024 due to apathy if say desantis got the nomination would absolutely vote in huge numbers to stop a trump presidency. trump will not have the same social media advantage he had last time as well. he has been entirely insulated to his own platforms and only the most ardent of supporters would bother signing up for that.

in my opinion the republicans should field trump if they want to lose.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...