Hardware Can anyone recommend a good 8600 vid card..

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would you link to a 1024x768 test on an old benchmark?

Posts merged

3dmark06_1280_1024.gif

That is the benchmark you should be looking at.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I just bought an eVGA one and had it installed, and it works great, but I can't help but notice that the fps meter shows it fluctuating from 50fps to 150fps in Warcraft 3, whereas with my 6600gt it is a pretty steady 70-75. I don't really mind because I can't tell the diff when the meter is off, but I have a bad feeling that I did something wrong in my installation or something.

In the same scene? If things are changing - IE turning the camera to see a lot of people - you probably have a bottleneck somewhere. CPU, RAM, PSU...

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
NVM stupid post

Posts merged

offtopic84 said:
PharaohsVizier said:
I just bought an eVGA one and had it installed, and it works great, but I can't help but notice that the fps meter shows it fluctuating from 50fps to 150fps in Warcraft 3, whereas with my 6600gt it is a pretty steady 70-75. I don't really mind because I can't tell the diff when the meter is off, but I have a bad feeling that I did something wrong in my installation or something.

In the same scene? If things are changing - IE turning the camera to see a lot of people - you probably have a bottleneck somewhere. CPU, RAM, PSU...

Yes it is the exact same place.
frown.gif
I don't know what you mean by bottleneck.

That is strange. A bottleneck would mean what it sounds like. A part of your PC that is slowing down the rest, it becomes more evident depending on what you are doing. If you go from low res to high res and keep the same FPS, you have a major CPU bottleneck. If your game is very suttery, you probably don't have enough RAM. Ect.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I played a few new games, and it really is fluctuating, even when the entire playing field is completely still, and nothing at all is moving, and my screen is not panning around.
Can you visibly see stuttering, or are you basing it entirely on the FPS counter?

Its possible that its just reporting incorrectly.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its probably better to not use an FPS counter and rely solely on the visual test.

If you're really worried, run a 3D Mark and see what happens. Who cares about the score...just do a visual test.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theman69 said:
FUCK now im pissed i bought a 8600GT less than a month ago FUCKING AA
Did you buy it from newegg? Most graphics cards are covered under their standard return policy; which means you can get your money back within 30 days if you send back the product with all the packaging.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...