Bypassing waiting X days in Pokemon Sun and Moon demo (and probably other games too)

In some 3ds games there are events that happen based on how much time has passed. Unfortunately, changing time in System Settings doesn't work in some cases, one of them being Pokemon Sun and Moon demo. This tutorial shows how to skip waiting anyway! :yay3ds:

Requirements:
-cfw
-config tool from sdk installed, that's why you need cfw :P (don't ask me where to find it)

Steps:
1. Open sdk config tool
2. Select "Raw Rtc Setting"
3. Change time and press A to save & reboot
4. Open your game
5. ???
6. PROFIT! :D

NOTE: In Sun and Moon demo you have to change time to EXACTLY right day or it won't work (if something happens after 6 days it happens exactly after 6 days, it won't work after 7)

Btw
To be honest it's not worth to do it in Sun and Moon demo, stuff that happens is shit anyway (at least there is a nice gen 2 reference)

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anyone have a save file of SuMo demo where he accessed all events and therefore has all the transferable items?
If yes, please share, would love it :)
Thanks in advance

Aviatorvence

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo isn't counting down the days for the events for me. (EX: Lady in lower left hand corner will always say 4 days and won't count down) anyone know what happened and how to fix it?

Last edited by Aviatorvence,

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the date is set to November 18th, a special character appears:

lil1.png
lil2.png
lil3.png
lil4.png
lil5.png
lil6.png
lil7.png
lil8.png

Lillie appears! The answer is the same regardless of the question, by the way, but I like being given the chance to ask her that. Nice going, Game Freak. And then she runs away.
Isn't this just a random event, like the Alolan Dugtrio event? I got this legit on the second day the demo was out.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one WHO means? I wasn't responding to anyone's question..... I was asking my own. Meaning, it has NOTHING to do with what anyone else said in the thread. Hence my confusion.

The guy outside the PokéCenter is referring to the various people that show up during the demo such as Machamp on day 5 or Lillie randomly or the Dugtrio photography NPC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some in game features were disabled for 48h :/
This is why when you set your clock back, you actually set it back 48+ hours earlier. Then after your game gives you the 48 hour ban, you then set it ahead those 48 hours to the proper time.

Reactions: Blue

sonzero8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi sir? can i ask where i cant find "Open sdk config tool"
i cant also find "config.cia" in the internet

it is only exclusive to luma3ds or a9h?

btw im using emunand cfw

(still noob on 3ds cfw)

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi sir? can i ask where i cant find "Open sdk config tool"
i cant also find "config.cia" in the internet

it is only exclusive to luma3ds or a9h?

btw im using emunand cfw

(still noob on 3ds cfw)
config.cia is a nintendo sdk tool that is copyrighted and illegal to distribute as well as against the rules to put on this website

Latias4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I managed to get Config.cia working, and after going through the demo again because I missed yesterday's event and tried to roll back my 3DS' calendar, screwing me over... I actually managed to get every event until now. My question now is... How would I go about uninstalling Config?

EDIT: That, and is the Raw date/time actually supposed to be changed like this? As in, does it normally follow the regular date/time flow, but at a completely different date and time?

Last edited by Latias4ever,

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried this but i managed to freeze the rtc after 2 days of waiting the guy standing next to pikachu still says to wait 3 days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto