Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
edit: nevermind wrong e-mail.

double edit: bushing has said from the beginning he is against piracy.

if it wasn't for him you wouldn't hav e the twilight hack, you wouldn't have the homebrew channel, you wouldn't have any of the crap that waninko has made. (bushing gave all that info to waninko and waninko stabbe dhim in the back)

Kaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Snitch?

As a security researcher, he's most likely following protocol. If I remember correctly, bunnie did the same thing for Xbox1.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would a Nintendo Rep use a gmail account, or did Bushing change it not to reveal the real one?
unsure.gif

Monarch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
crappi3pappy said:

Argh! That wasn't a Nintendo-response, that is quoted there. Bushing just quotes mails he receives from the Idiots out there, trying to pretend to be someone else, just to get the information.

No, as far as I can tell, bushing is absolutly right. Even if he really managed to get pirated Stuff running on a wii without any modification of the hardware, I would be senseless to release that information to the public if there was a chance, that Nintendo can fix this issue easily. This way, he gets himself a little bonus...and I am absolutly fine with that...

Kaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fission said:
Why would a Nintendo Rep use a gmail account, or did Bushing change it not to reveal the real one?
unsure.gif

It's obviously fake. Ninty wouldn't use a Gmail account for business.

crappi3pappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elfsander said:
This is Bushing's way of telling Nintendo that homebrew isn't all bad and used for piracy.

yeh, because i'm sure that Nintendo will be fine with that.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Commendable. I really like hearing about stand up people like Bushing. I'd be infuriated if he had done the converse and released the hole he had found.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crappi3pappy said:
elfsander said:
This is Bushing's way of telling Nintendo that homebrew isn't all bad and used for piracy.

yeh, because i'm sure that Nintendo will be fine with that.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
I kind of agree. I mean, Nintendo spent some of the last few updates to BLOCK homebrew and Trucha. If Homebrew wasn't as bad, you think Nintendo would bother patching it? Just a thought.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lecture.gif
Get a clue and STFU!

Bushing has done more for the scene than you will ever do for yourself in your whole life.

Whatever he chooses to do with what he has learned is his choice, and he has to answer to no one.

Especially you.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Kaer said:
Fission said:
unsure.gif

It's obviously fake. Ninty wouldn't use a Gmail account for business.

yeah that's what I was thinking - why is bushing posting that he got a reply and then post a fake email?
Sorry I'm not really following this unless he's not posting the real deal... which would make his open letter to Ninty pointless.
He should post the legitimate reply aswell then.

From bushing.
Update: A representative from Nintendo has contacted me (see comment below). The rest of you can stop emailing me now. Assuming Nintendo acts in good faith, I don’t expect to be writing much more about this until it’s resolved.

I'm very confused.

Kaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fission said:
yeah that's what I was thinking - why is bushing posting that he got a reply and then post a fake email?
Sorry I'm not really following this unless he's not posting the real deal... which would make his open letter to Ninty pointless.

He's just posting the crap that people have tried to pull off in an attempt to look professional. Like he said, he's not going to publish the correspondence between him and Nintendo.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Kaer said:
Fission said:

He's just posting the crap that people have tried to pull off in an attempt to look professional. Like he said, he's not going to publish the correspondence between him and Nintendo.

Ok I see.... That would make sense.

podunk1269

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
The man is ding what he has to do. Everyone wants him to release it, hell I do, but making a topic strickly to flame him isn't going to help. Give it time, if he can find it, someone else can too

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love how the replies on that site make nigerian scam emails sound believable.

"I AM AN ENGINEER. GIMME THE BUG SO I CAN FIX IT FOR YOU"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4