OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello

i am trying to install hbl

can anyone send a link to an autorcm that will let me go into RCM so i can install hbl then uninstall autorcm so i'll just boot into normal fw?
That's not really how this works. HBL can not be currently installed in your system, it can only ever be loaded by RCM. So for every boot you want to use HBL on you will have to use RCM to launch it.

briccmii appears to be very safe from the way it works. There is also now a Hekate mod with built-in bricking, from a quick glance that seems be alright, too, but the two methods are not interchangeable.

Last edited by mnemonicpunk,
Reactions: Rickardoo

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not really how this works. HBL can not be currently installed in your system, it can only ever be loaded by RCM. So for every boot you want to use HBL on you will have to use RCM to launch it.

so i need a jig to enter RCM?? is not possible to enter RCM without a jig?

mnemonicpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so i need a jig to enter RCM?? is not possible to enter RCM without a jig?
Right. You need a jig, paperclip, modded joycon etc. to enter RCM for the first time (every time if you do not choose to use AutoRCM). If you have achieved RCM you can use briccmii to automatically start in RCM every time but that also means you CAN NOT BOOT NORMALLY ANYMORE while the AutoRCM is active.

Last edited by mnemonicpunk,
Reactions: Rickardoo

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

briccmii appears to be very safe from the way it works. There is also now a Hekate mod with built-in bricking, from a quick glance that seems be alright, too, but the two methods are not interchangeable.
That's not completely true tho. Using nspwn on <= 4.1.0, you can install the hb with full system access (service-wise) (currently, there are no implementation for 4.x, but I think it could be done via our current "cfw" stuff). However, on 3.0.1-4.1.0, you'll probably need to launch RCM at least once for this.

mnemonicpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's not completely true tho. Using nspwn on <= 4.1.0, you can install the hb with full system access (service-wise) (currently, there are no implementation for 4.x, but I think it could be done via our current "cfw" stuff). However, on 3.0.1-4.1.0, you'll probably need to launch RCM at least once for this.
Hey there,

I'm not aware of a method to installing code to sysNAND yet. Would you enlighten me as to how this works? Every method I know of only lasts until the next reboot.

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
afaik, nspwn only works if you have sufficient permissions to call fsp MountCode , either through pegaswitch with smhax or some other way, it cant be persistent even if you make an icon on the menu to launch arbitrary titleids

Rickardoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello

i am trying to install hbl

can anyone send a link to an autorcm that will let me go into RCM so i can install hbl then uninstall autorcm so i'll just boot into normal fw?

It... uhh.. doesnt work that way. There is not yet any permanent way to install the hbl. By reading your question I can make out: I need a link to install autorcm so I can get hbl installed and then uninstall it. 1. This is not end user and is only meant for devs. 2. You dont need to install autorcm to get into rcm. Its a way you can boot into rcm every time you start your switch. You need to get into rcm to install autorcm in the first place. 3. (again) there is no way to perm install hbl. That is coming in the summer (soon tm.) (only specific system versions, others require the payload to be sent every power cycle) 4. Your question is not layed out very well. I might have just totaly misunderstood your question and this post is useless. Pleese retype your question. Ask somebody to read it for you to see if they understand it.

Last edited by Rickardoo,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4. You lay out your question like there are multiple versions of autorcm... there is only one.
So prefacing this by saying I totally agree with your response to the guy and everything you said is true EXCEPT the part about multiple AutoRCMs. There is one by Reisyukaku and another by rajkosto. They both achieve the same goal of AutoRCM but do it by slightly different methods. This is why it is not recommended to install AutoRCM one way and uninstall via another as it may not completely reverse AutoRCM. Just thought I'd let you know. Have a nice day.

Rickardoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So prefacing this by saying I totally agree with your response to the guy and everything you said is true EXCEPT the part about multiple AutoRCMs. There is one by Reisyukaku and another by rajkosto. They both achieve the same goal of AutoRCM but do it by slightly different methods. This is why it is not recommended to install AutoRCM one way and uninstall via another as it may not completely reverse AutoRCM. Just thought I'd let you know. Have a nice day.

huh... I wasnt aware. Thanks, i removed it to avoid confusion

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I completely missed this page and I realise that my post wasnt necessary.

mnemonicpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is generally not a good idea to mix AutoRCM methods but from the current builds I can tell you this:

rajkosto's briccmii can reverse the changes made by CTCaer's Hekate mod but not the other way around. (Technically there is a 1 in 255 chance that your briccmii install can be reversed by CTCaer mod but that is such a low chance that we can disregard it.)

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
It is generally not a good idea to mix AutoRCM methods but from the current builds I can tell you this:

rajkosto's briccmii can reverse the changes made by CTCaer's Hekate mod but not the other way around. (Technically there is a 1 in 255 chance that your briccmii install can be reversed by CTCaer mod but that is such a low chance that we can disregard it.)
Which version would you use? briccmii or CTCaer's Hekate?

PEVOx

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So what do you think about the SX OS mod? It is safe? I have to enable autoRCM once installed on the console?
I will follow this guide to do the mod, but I want to be sure that is safe:

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right. You need a jig, paperclip, modded joycon etc. to enter RCM for the first time (every time if you do not choose to use AutoRCM). If you have achieved RCM you can use briccmii to automatically start in RCM every time but that also means you CAN NOT BOOT NORMALLY ANYMORE while the AutoRCM is active.

You can also just keep your Switch running CFW in sleep mode, right? When just running in RCM (not AutoRCM) the battery won't drain any/much quicker than normally I think. That way you won't have to constantly use the jig again when playing backups. Of course, to get it back to OFW you need to power it off and then on again (without the jig).

D

Deleted User

You can also just keep your Switch running CFW in sleep mode, right? When just running in RCM (not AutoRCM) the battery won't drain any/much quicker than normally I think. That way you won't have to constantly use the jig again when playing backups. Of course, to get it back to OFW you need to power it off and then on again (without the jig).
catch is if your trying to keep efuse count low, which in that case autorcm is a must.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto