Hacking Bricked PSP-1000, no recovery menu

halfwing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was messing with my PSP the other day, after having not touched it for about a year, and completely forgot about flash0 and deleted pretty much everything there. Stupid mistake, I know.

I now have a bricked PSP, and cannot access the recovery menu. When I turn on the PSP, the power light turns on for about 10 seconds, and then shuts down again. I am borrowing a friends PSP with 5.00 M33-4, and kernel's 1.5x and 5.xx. Every unbricking guide I have found requires 2.xx or 3.xx. I have a battery I would be willing to softmod into a pandora battery, at least temporarily, but have not been able to figure out a way to do it with the existing CFW on the working PSP. I also have a spare memory stick I would be willing to convert into an MMS (Temporarily preferred)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Use this and this. Then update to at least 5.00M33-6.

Any reason why your friend is on 5.00M33-4 rather than -6?

halfwing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Use this and this. Then update to at least 5.00M33-6.

Any reason why your friend is on 5.00M33-4 rather than -6?

IPL fails to inject when trying to make the MMS. The pandora's battery seemed to work fine though, no problems with that yet. Progress at least!

The memory cards I have access to are a Sony memory stick duo 32mb magicgate, and a sony memory stick pro duo 16gb magicgate mark2. Both fail to inject with that program. Also, he didn't do it himself, I did a while back, and he wasn't aware there was a new one. After this though, both of us are a little hesitant for me to update it.

Also, question, will this method install a CFW, or OFW? I'm currently assuming it will install M33-4 like on his. I was actually hopeing to revert back to OFW after this (which was, in fact, what I was attempting to do when I bricked it, because I failed to notice I was in the flash0, and not my memory stick)

EDIT: The exact error is:
"The IPL Failed to Inject.
Not enough reserved sector space for IPL.
This could be due to a problem with the memory stick.
Without the IPL pandora will not boot. Would you like
to continue anyways?"

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You need a memory stick that's genuine and bigger than 32MB but smaller (or equal to) 4GB's.

Get a different stick.

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
http://pspslimhacks.com/ultimate-vsh-menu-v200/
Ultimate VSH Menu has an option for softmodding a battery (there may be newer versions of it).

Once you do that just follow the pandora+MMS guide.

Edit: xiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

This. Best way to do the Pandora. I bricked my 1001 last night, and fix it within an hour.

halfwing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
You need a memory stick that's genuine and bigger than 32MB but smaller (or equal to) 4GB's.

Get a different stick.
Damn. Alright, I'll see if my friends have a stick I can use. I really wish I didn't loose my 1gb Memory Stick ;_;

justin05 said:
QUOTE(prowler_ @ Aug 14 2011, 03:04 AM) http://pspslimhacks.com/ultimate-vsh-menu-v200/
Ultimate VSH Menu has an option for softmodding a battery (there may be newer versions of it).

Once you do that just follow the pandora+MMS guide.

Edit: xiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

This. Best way to do the Pandora. I bricked my 1001 last night, and fix it within an hour.
I got the pandora just fine. I just can't make the magic memory stick needed by that guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER