Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there fellow tempers,

please don't kill me for these questions, but before I do anything stupid I thought I better ask here for advice.

I just bought a new and yet sealed PS4 slim 500 GB edition cause it was really cheap (196 €). What firmware does it have? Which firmware is exploitable yet? Is there any use for the end user yet? And is there any way to go in the store without updating?

Just read a bit around and I'm not really sure if I understood everything correctly. Neither do I know the situation about teams working on things etc.

Would really appreciate the help. :-)

Chrestomanci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The slim is probably going to have an older FW than the pro. Maybe 3.53. You can't do anything with it as of now.
Also, congratulations on the great deal :)

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The slim is probably going to have an older FW than the pro. Maybe 3.53. You can't do anything with it as of now.
Also, congratulations on the great deal :)
Heh, thank you. I'm pretty happy myself. :-) Now I'm waiting for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy VII, but I'm sure there is more to discover on the console.

But that is a bit off topic. Thank you for the information, I thought as much - but you never know, right? The next hack could have been around the corner or something. ;-)
I will update, as I wanted to buy "Furi", an Indie game that seems pretty awesome. If something comes out, which will probably take a while, I'll just get a new console.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say it's 3.55, but depends on the serial number. I got the very same model and got 3.55. In an unfortunate event, someone in my household updated mine to 4.0 with a call of duty IW disc. I thought "Wellp" and USB updated to 4.01. The waiting game begins, but at least I get to use the browser, which is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7