NOBD UPDATE start from new HDD guide

Paranormal55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi at all, i'm here asking a 1 million dollar question that can interest more user. I'm not a noob but i need help from someone, but before let me explain the situation.

I have a PS4 with a broken blu ray connector on motherboard, the daughtr board on the blu ray drive works the fuse are ok, the firmware that i use in recovery to reinstall the firmware is correct, but the error 42118-6 indicate no communication between motherboard and blu ray drive, and the consolle won't let me install no firmware at all.
The problem is that my PS4 boot only in recovery mode, and i can't get into the menu to activate the payload, to update the firmware or reinstall, the only chance is to start from a new HD follow Orbis guide but when need to use WinHEX to match partitions i m lost in it and i don't know how to proceed, if you search online no one post a complete/detailed guide for that. I'm not a noob i know many things about PS4 hardware ( i make repair ;-)) and software.
My PS4 is on the 5.00 firmware with broken blue ray drive, the consolle need to replace the hd but obviously when i try to install the firmware i get 42118-6 error, then i can't boot to menu to inject payload for reinstall any firmware.
What i don't understand is match partitions with winhex, the tutorial is very small with few details and online there is no tutorial about that procedure.
I Open the disk with Winhex i view the partition but the name differs from tutorial and i don't know how to move correctly.
There's many user in this situation and many other will be soon or later fall into, if anyone can point me to a tutorial or can explain something is really appreciated.
Regards Samuel

Reactions: h0baz

pirek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
did anyone solve this problem??? I have the same one, I need help, I want to play without a drive because I don't have one.

TheCroupier

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi at all, i'm here asking a 1 million dollar question that can interest more user. I'm not a noob but i need help from someone, but before let me explain the situation.

I have a PS4 with a broken blu ray connector on motherboard, the daughtr board on the blu ray drive works the fuse are ok, the firmware that i use in recovery to reinstall the firmware is correct, but the error 42118-6 indicate no communication between motherboard and blu ray drive, and the consolle won't let me install no firmware at all.
The problem is that my PS4 boot only in recovery mode, and i can't get into the menu to activate the payload, to update the firmware or reinstall, the only chance is to start from a new HD follow Orbis guide but when need to use WinHEX to match partitions i m lost in it and i don't know how to proceed, if you search online no one post a complete/detailed guide for that. I'm not a noob i know many things about PS4 hardware ( i make repair ;-)) and software.
My PS4 is on the 5.00 firmware with broken blue ray drive, the consolle need to replace the hd but obviously when i try to install the firmware i get 42118-6 error, then i can't boot to menu to inject payload for reinstall any firmware.
What i don't understand is match partitions with winhex, the tutorial is very small with few details and online there is no tutorial about that procedure.
I Open the disk with Winhex i view the partition but the name differs from tutorial and i don't know how to move correctly.
There's many user in this situation and many other will be soon or later fall into, if anyone can point me to a tutorial or can explain something is really appreciated.
Regards Samuel
The Orbis NoBD HDD Guide will only work if you have previously backed up your HDD when it was working using the NoBD Toolkit.
If you haven’t already done that then it’s game over as you need those original HDD partitions written back to your new HDD in order for the initialization to work.

Your best bet would be to get the connector repaired.

Post automatically merged:

did anyone solve this problem??? I have the same one, I need help, I want to play without a drive because I don't have one.
Can you still boot into your PS4 and is it on a jailbreakable firmware?

If yes then the Orbis guide will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.