Hacking Bought a flashed Xbox 360. Some games don't work?

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everyone

I just bought a flashed Xbox 360 from someone. I burned some games with succes: Red Dead Redemption and Fifa Street.

I downloaded Dark Souls and Fable III. Dark Souls is a XGD3 game (correct me if i'm wrong, still a noob at this). I don't have a correct dvd burner for the burnermax tool. So i had to choose between truncate and overburn Dark Souls. I tried both but none of both work. When i tried it on my Xbox, i just got a black screen and i got back to the home screen.

Next I tried Fable III. Burned it correctly (i think). When i tried it on my Xbox, i got the "unreadable disc" error.

What can I do about this? I read something about dashboard update. How does it work?
Wouldn't it be better to just have my Xbox reflashed? I don't know what firmware my Xbox is running, but I doubt it's LT 3.0.

I hope someone can help me out. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Jourinho

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming it is flashed with an XGD3 capable firmware then your options are buy a burnermax capable DVD writer or buy one of the original XGD3 capable burners (most of which seem to go for a fortune nowadays and not worth the effort when straight burnermax capable drives exist). Truncating and overburning stopped being a viable method... well basically always but more generally a few months after XGD3 hit.

Fable 3 and dashboard updates.... unless you are referring to the old "use the beta to dodge AP2.5" thing then I have no idea what you refer to.

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for your reply FAST6191.

Can i check if it has a XGD3 capable firmware? (i will open my Xbox if i have to).
Any ideas on how i could fix the unreadable disc error?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What dashboard are you on? If it is past 2.0.13146.0 and you are playing copied games then chances are you have one of the newer firmwares (Fifa Street, assuming it is not the 2003 Fifa street 3 anyway, would probably have put you beyond that firmware). It could still technically be one of the XGD3 originals but no copies firmwares but that remains to be seen (it was Christmas eve 2011 that saw LT+ 3.0 hit so it is a long time).

Unreadable disc can mean many things but until you try out some proper XGD3 discs then I am not even contemplating it being a dodgy drive or something.

Other than it reading or not XGD3 games I have no simple ways of testing it. Also it could be annoying to find a way to get the keys from the drive (flashed drives and newer dashboards... not fun).

Best bet is if you speak the person you got it from and ask what they did, also ask for a copy of the keys for the drive if they have them as that could spare you a lot of headaches down the line.

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Really appreciate your help.

My dashboard is 2.0.16547.0

Unreadable disc is a frequent error with fable 3. That ap 2.5 protection has nothing to do with gdx3, has it?
Ill try burning a gdx3 with a compatible burnermax drive and see what happens.

I asked the guy, he just says one of his friends flashed it. He thinks it's 2.7, bit he has no idea. Hasnt got the key too, so thats a dead end...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes.
Fable 3 has AP2.5 protection.

If you burn it with a Burnermax drive then you'll have no problem playing it ;]

2.7 doesn't exist.
Idk what that fella has been telling you.
Extracting the Key would be pretty simple tho.
As is upgrading the DVD FW ;]

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did I miss out on new key dumping methods for the hacked drives based on the new stock firmwares? I thought most of them (and if not the hacked firmwares themselves) closed up many of the nicer holes (read software only methods or simple things like the burned discs and older hitachi stuff with jumping power pins) and left everybody doing the more annoying hardware (or RGH/JTAG I guess) methods?

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thanks for your reply.
I need usb pro to extract my key, right?
I can try do it myself, still a noobie on this thing :)

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Giving you guys a heads up.

Just ordered a LiteOn iHAS124-04. (Hoping for the right revision!).
Should arrive tomorrow. I'll try and burn some xgd3 games tomorrow and see what happens.

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi guys

just opened up my xbox and it has a Liteon, so I need a probe (which i don't have). I already had the drive connected to my motherboard. What a shame this didn't work out... If i just had the key, it would have made things ALOT easier :(

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The drive I ordered arrived. They promised me a C rev, turns out they have sent me a WU rev, which won't work with the payload tool...
I Checked all the desktops and laptops here at home, turn out the laptop of my sisters supports the payload tool. I tried to burn a XGD3 game. First layer burned succesfully. At the 2nd layer I got an I/O error at 49%. Googled this, and alot of people getting this error.
Can somebody help me out with my ImgBurn Settings? There is alot of info on the internet, but alot of different information. Hoping someone can help me out again!

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
At 3x. Drive didn't supported 2.4X.
I did enable opc first time, didnt second time. I ordered a optiarc Ab5280A-cb-plus. I'm sure thuis one will work like a charm ;-)

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
When this XGD3 nonsense first appeared, I bought an iHas B, flashed it up and got perfect burns off the bat.
However at some point something went tits up, and now with the same rig and the highest recommended discs I started to get nothing but these sodding "Disc is dirty" or "Disc is not recognised" crap. Games would install 100% with no problems, but try to play them and I'd get the "dirty" error.
After much trawling, uncovering seemingly endless and contradictary advice (it was like the fucking hokey cokey - "OPC on", "OPC off", "on", "off", "on", "off"......"throw another coaster at the cat") from a number of forums (including TX's site) and still not getting any results I suddenly hit upon the solution.

I gave up.

Hope you fare better than me.

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry to hear that, Smuff. Alot of people having issues. The drive i just bought doesnt even need the payload tool. It can overburn without it. I've read you can just burn the games with default settings in imgburn. Let's hope it works. I'll keep you posted.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently Flashed my liteon dvd drive without the probe succesfully, although it requires a little redneck modding it is possible. I havent tried it with any "back-up" games yet, but I plan too once my DVD's come in.
Wish me luck. :)

Jourinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Giving you guys a heads up:

DinohScene flashed my xbox. It works perfectly. With the new driver in my pc, i have succesfully burnt AND played these games:

GTA 5, Halo 4, Fable 3, Injustice, Fifa 14, NHL 14, The Bureau and NFS Rivals.

I can recommend my drive to everybody. Works perfectly, w/o the burnermax tool. Happy gaming :)

Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk