Hacking BootNTR Selector Interfering With Bootup?

SeeFamGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I installed BootNTR Selector for the second time recently, and have found that it is causing my 3DS to not boot up correctly.

In order to turn on my device with this installed, I need to crack open my 3DS ever so slightly, and then press the power button slowly while simultaneously lifting my top screen. It sounds really confusing, and if you'd like I can attach a video to this post in order to maybe better display this solution.

I have already tested and made sure that this is a BootNTR issue and not anything else. I am on an O3DS running 11.4 and the latest stable versions of luma and boot9strap. I wasn't able to find anything on the internet pertaining to this issue, so I think it's just on my device. Why that may be is unknown to me, as I recently installed a fresh boot9 and Luma update, and I also cleaned up my microSD card. Furthermore, after encountering this issue I decided to reinstall BootNTR Selector thinking that I had done something wrong during installation, but that wasn't the case either.

TL;DR; BootNTR is stopping my o3DS from booting correctly with the latest stable versions of Luma3DS and Boot9.

Thanks in advance!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, I installed BootNTR Selector for the second time recently, and have found that it is causing my 3DS to not boot up correctly.

In order to turn on my device with this installed, I need to crack open my 3DS ever so slightly, and then press the power button slowly while simultaneously lifting my top screen. It sounds really confusing, and if you'd like I can attach a video to this post in order to maybe better display this solution.

I have already tested and made sure that this is a BootNTR issue and not anything else. I am on an O3DS running 11.4 and the latest stable versions of luma and boot9strap. I wasn't able to find anything on the internet pertaining to this issue, so I think it's just on my device. Why that may be is unknown to me, as I recently installed a fresh boot9 and Luma update, and I also cleaned up my microSD card. Furthermore, after encountering this issue I decided to reinstall BootNTR Selector thinking that I had done something wrong during installation, but that wasn't the case either.

TL;DR; BootNTR is stopping my o3DS from booting correctly with the latest stable versions of Luma3DS and Boot9.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, please post a video.
And what makes you think it's BootNTR? It doesn't run on boot, it only runs when you open it, so there should be no way it could interfere with the boot process.

SeeFamGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, please post a video.
And what makes you think it's BootNTR? It doesn't run on boot, it only runs when you open it, so there should be no way it could interfere with the boot process.
That's what I'm saying, it only boots after a reboot. It shouldn't be making any problems. I tested by trying to boot up without it installed, with it installed, and with it and a plugin installed. I'll post a video soon, but for now please keep watching this thread.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what I'm saying, it only boots after a reboot. It shouldn't be making any problems. I tested by trying to boot up without it installed, with it installed, and with it and a plugin installed. I'll post a video soon, but for now please keep watching this thread.
What I have found is that when it is dormant in my 3DS without use nothing happens, but when I start it the first time it begins to cause issues. Uploading a video rn of me installing it, a plugin, and then trying to boot. It may be the plugin, however there was no such problems reported by anyone on the thread of the plugin in question. This also seems to happen with any installed plugin.

SeeFamGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm that after updating my entire ntr cfw, including all files, the program itself is not the issue. I will be recording what happens with the plugin installed right now and will post it here within the next 20 mins.

SeeFamGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my phone has now been filled, but it seems updating to boot ntr 3.5 solved the boot up issue, however this issue remains. I cannot access the boot ntr SELECTOR. It simply installs the automatic version. This isn't really a big deal, though. Thanks anyways for your time everyone!

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my phone has now been filled, but it seems updating to boot ntr 3.5 solved the boot up issue, however this issue remains. I cannot access the boot ntr SELECTOR. It simply installs the automatic version. This isn't really a big deal, though. Thanks anyways for your time everyone!
Make a backup update to firmware 11.5 and update boot ntr selector to 2.9 and try again. Also mind you there's a few boot ntr programs out there you NEED to download the actual boot ntr selector app found in OP of http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/

Worst case you just recover using your backup.

Edit: I forgot to mention you need both regular boot ntr selector AND boot ntr selector mode 3 for o3ds to cover all games. For more information read the OP of the page linked above. I also don't know why it's underlined couldn't turn it off on mobile and clicking the underline button made it have 2 lines.

Last edited by lonewolf08,
Reactions: Quantumcat

SeeFamGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a backup update to firmware 11.5 and update boot ntr selector to 2.9 and try again. Also mind you there's a few boot ntr programs out there you NEED to download the actual boot ntr selector app found in OP of http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/

Worst case you just recover using your backup.

Edit: I forgot to mention you need both regular boot ntr selector AND boot ntr selector mode 3 for o3ds to cover all games. For more information read the OP of the page linked above. I also don't know why it's underlined couldn't turn it off on mobile and clicking the underline button made it have 2 lines.
Thanks man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...