Homebrew boot9strap 1.1 released

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
If you're running B9S 1.1, it does. He shouldn't listen to you as I've already done so on two separate 3DSes, both running B9S 1.1 as intended.

I tested this out for myself on my spare 3DS, as have a few others, and it works completely fine.

I'm on latest nightly and installed b9s 1.1 via SafeB9SInstaller 0.0.6. I get the error message on boot. :/

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on latest nightly and installed b9s 1.1 via SafeB9SInstaller 0.0.6. I get the error message on boot. :/

By "latest nightly", he means "latest hourly from the b9s-next branch".

That said, if you don't feel like you know what you're doing, wait to update until the release that will make it all nice and easy for you?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
By "latest nightly", he means "latest hourly from the b9s-next branch".

That said, if you don't feel like you know what you're doing, wait to update until the release that will make it all nice and easy for you?

Grab the latest nightly from here and try again.
Whaaaaaaat? There is a new branch? Didn't see anything. D: Thanks a lot for informing me. Gonna sync.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here is the latest version 3/06/2017, 1d2909e @80,5kb (previous files were 77kb)

Last edited by fr3quency,

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SciresM
Does this release broke stuff such CtrBootmanager, BootCtr9 and other CFWs like Cakes/Corbenik/ReiNand?
I haven't personally checked, but last I heard none of these were even updated to use Boot9Strap/SigHax, so even the previous release, aka the latest stable, is incompatible with the things listed. Only Luma and GodMode9 support this, with growing support coming slowly everywhere else.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't personally checked, but last I heard none of these were even updated to use Boot9Strap/SigHax, so even the previous release, aka the latest stable, is incompatible with the things listed. Only Luma and GodMode9 support this, with growing support coming slowly everywhere else.
Both bootloaders and CFWs I mentioned had full support for B9S on its initial release, that is why I'm asking

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Lawl

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i updated to the new boot9strap but get strange issue.
so copied both files in the root off my sdcard and copied SafeB9SInstaller.firm as Right_SafeB9SInstaller.firm to payload dir in luma dir.
so installed the new boot9strap and rebooted fine,then i updated luma to latest hourly with lumaupdater,and wanted to reboot.
it goes off,so pushed back power button on,1sec blue light blink and get back off.
so copied back my backup off luma boot.firm to root,3ds started again to work.
also tryed manualy copying the file,doesn't work.
is there a program to identify what boot9strap you running?
problem solved,both o3ds and new3ds xl working fine now.

Last edited by fille,

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, functionality wise, this one's a stability[emoji769] update? I'm especially wary of those, I like living life dangerously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matalan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I've updated okay but when I run the installer again to check, I get an error saying that an exception occurred and it created a dump file in the luma folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!