Homebrew boot9strap 1.1 released

Matalan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I'm using the latest nightly and my 3DS boots okay but if I run the installer again to see if it worked, the installer gives me an error.

Matalan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah,ok,thought it wasn't working.
i don't know if thats normal.
Thanks but I'm just worried I've broken something. How can you tell that 1.1 is installed?
What I did was run the installer from the configuration and had the boot9strap folder on my SD card.

Last edited by Matalan,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't personally checked, but last I heard none of these were even updated to use Boot9Strap/SigHax, so even the previous release, aka the latest stable, is incompatible with the things listed. Only Luma and GodMode9 support this, with growing support coming slowly everywhere else.
Ummm.. considering I've been out to sea for a week with no possible way to connect my 3ds to a network or get new files onto it before I hit a port, and I've been booting Gateway via luma->bootctr9->Gateway... I think you're just ill informed ;)

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys just became beta testers lol

As for me, I'm going to wait for the official fully functioning version

Also, how do I update to v 1.1? Is there a B9Supdater ala lumaupdater?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You guys just became beta testers lol

As for me, I'm going to wait for the official fully functioning version

Also, how do I update to v 1.1? Is there a B9Supdater ala lumaupdater?
If you're waiting for a full official final version why are you even considering updating?
People just can't wait it seems.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B9S is sighax, right? Is it possible to let the 3DS boot faster with this? For example disabling uselss stuff the 3DS does on boot or w/e. That would be awesome.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
B9S is sighax, right? Is it possible to let the 3DS boot faster with this? For example disabling uselss stuff the 3DS does on boot or w/e. That would be awesome.
Sort of, not really.

Boot9strap uses the sighax (vulnerability in the bootloader) but it doesn't run sighax (the launcher from derrek). Instead it work like Aurora's A9LH payload and instead looks for boot.firm on your SD Card and if that doesn't exist it looks for boot.firm on your CTRNAND.

Basically boot9strap is safer and easier to use than sighax. As far as I know sighax doesn't support the NTRCard booting method either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yea +1