Bloomberg reports upgraded Switch model announcement "imminent" and launching as soon as September

switch logo.JPG

There's yet another rumor in town, this time coming from Bloomberg regarding the upgraded Nintendo Switch model, aka the Switch Pro. Citing "people familiar with the matter" who asked not to be named since the plans are not yet public, the report mentions that Nintendo expects to start assembly of the upgraded Switch model as soon as July; with plans to launch the device in September or October.

Just like Bloomberg previously reported, this report maintains that the new model will pack a 7-inch OLED Samsung display, a faster NVIDIA chip capable of 4K output in docked mode. The cost is also expected to be higher than the current $299 tag. It will be sold alongside the $199 Switch Lite, while the standard Switch will slowly be phased.

Interestingly, the report mentions that, according to its sources, the announcement of the new hardware is "imminent" and could happen before this June's E3 to "allow publishers to showcase their full range of Switch games at the global event".

As for the commercial name of this fabled "Switch Pro", Bloomberg says that "only to a handful of people within the Kyoto-based company".

What do you think of this news? Is it yet another rumor not to be taken seriously or will we finally have a look at an upgraded Switch this year?

:arrow: SOURCE

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burn in is overblown, it's not a real problem unless you really have a fixed image on it 24/7.

Regarding oversaturated colors my old LGC9 disagrees, colors match what you want to be displayed, if you want oversaturated it can do it, if you want realistic it can do it too.
I don't know about that , my nexus 6p got horrible burn in and faded colors after 2 years of use
video games are the worst thing you can put on OLED
you will have fixed images when playing games like status bars
my nexus 6p has the severe burn in where the nav bar is at the bottom

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!!!

How much cores, RAM and storage? I would love to know about hardware info.

I wish next new Nintendo Switch Pro or later must have a least 8 cores at 3 GHz or faster to support 4K, GPU more faster speed with bigger VRAM?, 8 GB RAM - 16 GB RAM and 128 GB storage or more.

Cheers :)

D

Deleted User

Awesome!!!

I wish next new Nintendo Switch Pro or later must have a least 8 cores at 3 GHz or faster to support 4K, GPU more faster speed with bigger VRAM?, 8 GB RAM - 16 GB RAM and 128 GB storage or more.

so a laptop?

Reactions: Deleted User

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
If you don't care about burn-in or oversaturated colors, sure.
Also, a 720p screen is going to look terrible with OLED Pentile tech.
Oled doesn't have to be oversaturated. It depends on the calibration at the factory level.

Since this is a budget gaming system I expect Nintendo to use a low quality OLED screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Burn in is overblown, it's not a real problem unless you really have a fixed image on it 24/7.

Regarding oversaturated colors my old LGC9 disagrees, colors match what you want to be displayed, if you want oversaturated it can do it, if you want realistic it can do it too.
That's true I have a B9 and you can calibrate it to accuracy. But since this isn't a TV I expect Nintendo to lock us out of calibration settings. So we are stuck with whatever factory calibration Nintendo gives us.

Last edited by SG854,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!!!

Nvidia Tegra210b01 with 4 ARM Cortex A57 cores running at 1020MHz, 256 Cuda Core Maxwell GPU running at 307/384/460/768MHz, and 4GB of LPDDR4X running at 1331/1600MHz.
This “Switch Pro” is a meme kek.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If it's immune to known exploits (definitely is), then I simply do not care at present. As soon as I can run Atmosphere and use Checkpoint, FTPD and EdiZon SE, then I'll be looking for one.

Why not QLED screen, though? Longer life than OLED, from what I've gathered.

EDIT: added word for clarification

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If it's immune to exploits (definitely is), then I simply do not care at present. As soon as I can run Atmosphere and use Checkpoint, FTPD and EdiZon SE, then I'll be looking for one.

Why not QLED screen, though? Longer life than OLED, from what I've gathered.
Nothing is immune to an exploit. One will be found. Unless you mean current exploits. Then, yeah...

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone looking to actually getting one of these might want to look into "streetmerchant" on GitHub because I can see getting one of these being a nightmare. I've had success with streetmerchant getting other consoles and I can imagine the Switch Pro is gonna be the same situation with scalpers.

Reactions: mattyxarope

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, releasing a new revision during a silicon shortage now expected to last until 2023 where they're already starting to have issues producing their current model, what could possibly go wrong!

Yeah, we'll see about that. Can't wait for upscaled 4k and nobody to take proper advantage of it just like the New 3DS and the DSi. Woooo!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the switch pro is ever released, I"ll probably sell one of my switches in order to buy one. I have a hackable switch (not hacked right now), animal crossing, and 3d world Mario switches. my main is the animal crossing one. I don't know if I can part with any of my switches though. it will probably be a while before I can buy the switch pro, or whatever it's called, anyway. I'm sure scalpers will buy them all up before I even have a chance. however, I got the Mario and animal crossing switches at normal price. I managed to get the Mario switch the minute it went on sale at Target, then animal crossing was from gamestop (pouch from Target though). fortunately, they made a lot of those Mario switches, so staying up past my bedtime to get one was unnecessary. I'm sure it will be necessary here though. :-/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1