Homebrew Blocking browserhax update message

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys any new solutions on how to get homebrew for 2DS v9.9 or do I kill myself in despair...also if no solution should I just update my 2ds to latest software or should I still wait? thanks

You should wait on the current firmware you have. You may not be able to access it at the moment, but you can still use the Theme/Homemenuhax. Updating is worse as you'll lose that potential exploit.

Basically the general rule of thumb is: Don't update unless you absolutely need eShop. (And besides, it's not going anywhere anytime soon, right?)

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Kimb

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I just got a 6.1.0 3DS (yay, christmas). Will the nag appear for me? Scared to open the browser, so I've disabled internet settings. Guessing I would use rxtools instead.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just got a 6.1.0 3DS (yay, christmas). Will the nag appear for me? Scared to open the browser, so I've disabled internet settings. Guessing I would use rxtools instead.
I don't think the update nag for the browser got added until 9.something possibly 9.9 or 10 but don't quote me on it.

Anyway if you are that worried you should just block all the nintendo update sites in your router or using openDNS

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the update nag for the browser got added until 9.something possibly 9.9 or 10 but don't quote me on it.

Anyway if you are that worried you should just block all the nintendo update sites in your router or using openDNS
You are correct, the nag was not introduced until the new browser introduced with 9.9.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
To give slight hope, savedata is only saved when you return to HOME or press the power button. If you get the message, crash the browser or take out the battery.

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we have kernel access with memchunkhax, can this update nag be removed?
Kinda, yes. Update to 10.3, use browserhax to downgrade then use one of the guides on this forum to get cfw and emunand! :D (and you might wanna do this now, because Nintendo's definitely doing something about downgrading and browserhax

NintendoGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, I am searching any useful suggest.
N3dS XL (9.9-26E) owner + Gateway Ultra.
What I ask is:
- If I proceed to downgrade the console to firmware 9.2 I could actually start the GW?
- If so, which method is most suitable for my device?

thethiny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.2 here, and I see the nag every time. There's an "initialize browser save" option that regives you the nag.

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I am searching any useful suggest.
N3dS XL (9.9-26E) owner + Gateway Ultra.
What I ask is:
- If I proceed to downgrade the console to firmware 9.2 I could actually start the GW?
- If so, which method is most suitable for my device?
Yes, you can actually use emunand if you downgrade, I followed many guides, most actually pretty much screwing up in the end, but this one worked https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-cfw-including--coldboot-cia-installer.405589/
Also, gateway is pretty much obsolete once you have EMUNand/CFW with FBI.
10.2 here, and I see the nag every time. There's an "initialize browser save" option that regives you the nag.

See my post above

Last edited by liljon042,

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have a clean fresh 10.1 O3DS, i just got the browser update nag :( I also have another machine running Reinand, is there any way i can update the O3DS to 10.3 or such to avoid the dreaded saved Browser update nag? I cannot access HBL :( Thanks

Erythros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Excuse-me, but... When I input the DNS addresses in primary and secondary fields, the numbers that only have two digits are filled with a zero before them, so for example,

198.91.88.237 becomes 198.091.088.237

is that normal? Should I proceed with them like this?

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
So wait, when does the update nag happens?

Are you safe if you don't open the browser?

Some friends are trying to downgrade and install CFW, however, it seems the browser gets an update notification via spotpass or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1