Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ooooohh we have sound now? haven't checked back for so long, great to see there has been so much progress :-)
great work, keep it up =)

Really? I just tried Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World and there's no sound.

I tried with this release : Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (E) [!]

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
I saw on smea's video this have sound, but when I use it, I get no sounds at all.
Tryed under Gateway 2.6 emunand 9.2.0-20E, using NINJHAX with cubicninja CIA, and using the 3DS file on gateway card directly.
Also with ninjax I can't get it to load a second game, when I try to load a second game, then it just crashes.
With the 3DS file it does load as many games as I want fine, so maybe a bug with 3dsx file ?

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I saw on smea's video this have sound, but when I use it, I get no sounds at all.
Tryed under Gateway 2.6 emunand 9.2.0-20E, using NINJHAX with cubicninja CIA, and using the 3DS file on gateway card directly.
Also with ninjax I can't get it to load a second game, when I try to load a second game, then it just crashes.
With the 3DS file it does load as many games as I want fine, so maybe a bug with 3dsx file ?

Yeah probably a bug.

I even can't launch gameyob, always have "an error has occured..." I don't know if this can be fixed.

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fun I'm having messing with this (DESERT STRIKE ON HANDHELD! WHEE!) is just making me even more hopeful we get a VB emulator before too long.

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note on trying to run Flashback (EDIT: and Cannon Fodder). Game crashes with a STOP and "full ramdump to sd" with a note to Tell StapleButter. So that's one. ;)

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Staple.... I think we need to talk...

edaNQTN.png

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
It isn't all zeroes, look further down :)

Compression wouldn't hurt, though. Even a simple RLE would work well.

Why not just leave the array unitialized and then zero it and draw those 4 lines programatically? You'd make massive savings on the executable size. :mellow:

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
What if I later wanted to replace the splashscreen?

The way it's stored currently makes it easy as it's basically a Windows bitmap with the header removed.

I'm going to prefer the compression option. Drawing it programatically would imply I'd need to somehow embed the fonts that are used and an adapted text renderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz