Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I expect very little from this buut I thought i'd drop a quick thread anyway.

Black Desert Online is a new buy2play MMORPG coming out on March 3rd. If I explained all the details in here, well it wouldn't be a quick thread. It's a very interesting and innovative action MMO that looks and seems incredibly fun and different. I'd suggest looking up some videos on youtube if you're interested in trying a new MMORPG.

Is anyone at all going to be playing?
I'll be setting up on the EU server since over the years i've found EU to be significantly better than NA servers. Would be fun to play with some Tempers if anyone has plans to get the game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm waiting for it for two years now. It looked interesting.
The visuals, especially the character creation tools, are beautiful.
The environment looks like my own region (Mediterranean house style).

Though, after looking at other people's reviews, they said there's not a lot of things to do. No optional dungeons or big boss to kill, etc.
I don't know to which extend that's true, but I guess it's best to just try and make our own idea.

I don't like playing on PC, and the developers hinted at a possible PS4 version. I don't know if it's still planned.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following the game with a friend since the original Korean beta tests and even considered paying the 10 bucks to get into the beta without having a borrow a Korean KSSN. All I've gotta say is that it's not doing as well as I would've hoped in it's home country due to some very unwelcome changes and things generally not being as promised(although this is typical for ambitious game development). At least I hear that the NA release is making some of the changes the game needs but for now I'm a bit cautious about it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A lot of the problems in the korean version are being addressed for the NA/EU release. I know i've seen a lot of features that were removed from KR that were brought back for NA/EU. I lost my hype for the game when I read about and saw the changes to the korean version, but even the devs weren't happy with those changes. The publisher did express that they're perfectly willing to change things in one region but not another (which is fairly common in MMOs these days actually). So the NA/EU version will probably be a fair bit different from the KR version. I know the russian publisher had flat out said they hate the changes and will revert as much as they could.
But yeah I went from no hype to spending 8+ hours watching videos and reading about the NA/EU version and my hype levels are absolutely peaked. I don't think i've ever been so hyped for an MMO launch honestly.

as for end-game content, actually this game is pretty much all "endgame" content. A lot of comments I see against the endgame content comes from people who are used to typical MMOs where you get to max level and then just re-do raids until your fingers bleed and do some 3v3/5v5 pvp arena stuff. Whereas in BDO there's pretty much always just a hell of a lot of stuff to do. I can't even begin to describe really. To be the best at a profession like alchemy or taming, it takes a while. Hell you could even just keep levelling since there isn't technically a level cap (though I hear after you hit the soft cap of 50, leveling immediately becomes much much harder). There's good portions of pvp and gvg content as well. There's just a lot to do in general. Even moreso once we start getting the expansions/updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...