• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Bitcoin Death is approaching

ollifill0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
How can bitcoin die when it is in such high demand? It is the beginning of all cryptocurrencies. A lot of inexperienced users are still hooked on bitcoin. Especially since I read some very encouraging predictions

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bitcoin dead yet?
1658862656172.gif

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be so sure about that...
Agreed. I inves-- gambled $350 (not including the Trezor wallet) into BTC and now I just have to hope it recovers.

When or if it does, I'll just convert my money back to fiat and sell the Trezor on eBay. I didn't expect to "Get Rich Quick" rather it'd grow in value, though Crypto is very close to that definition by the ones who preached about it (there's still those who do.. on TikTok).

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bit coin, no, scratch that, all crypto is cringe.

dollar: is real money
Well, the 6900XT video card my desktop is sporting, says that crypto is real money too.
I just wanna buy a gpu

Semantics how you push it. I do agree scalpers are insufferable people, and I definitely despise them more than anyone else. Miners I have a respectful disdain for.

I'd normally blame hardware manufacturers like Nvidia and AMD, but there is legitimately a global silicon shortage making manufacturing of anything a pain in the ass right now.
Yet... new silicon is still being made. New iPhones next week. 3 weeks (or thereabouts) we'll see the new AMD procs on the market, and MOBOs to go with them (new socket).

I never spent a dime on crypto. I jumped in on the Dogecoin meme, by joining a pool. Not only earned a few from the pool, but was given a bunch (at the time, it was used for charity and such). Then I forgot all about my wallet for many years. When I heard some noise about it because of something Elon Musk was up to, I found my wallet and found out that I had a few thousand dollars worth. Bought the 6900XT with it and still had over $1000 left.

Of course, it has dropped since then, and is in the $800 range. But I never spent anything on it at all.

But you haters keep on hatin'

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Yet... new silicon is still being made. New iPhones next week. 3 weeks (or thereabouts) we'll see the new AMD procs on the market, and MOBOs to go with them (new socket).
What's your point? Did I say manufacturing stopped in its entirety? I said there was a shortage. Shortages mean less. That means less is manufactured and without a drop in demand, prices are higher. Coupled with inflation, prices are way up. Consumer computer hardware is being manufactured in lesser quantities and all the prices are way up. Cars are a cornerstone. Used car prices went way up. There's constantly articles about semi-conductor and other component shortages like what's seen here. Here's an example article.

I work in the tech industry and we do our own hardware at my company. We saw the price of a microcontroller processor go from $2 to $55 per unit as a result of these shortages. It was so prohibitively expensive we had to reinvent the SKU using a new microcontroller because the cost of engineering R&D was concisderably less than the cost per unit for that particular SKU.

On the crypto front, I have been in and out for the better part of a decade and have managed to ride the waves up amounting to tens of thousands in gains. I'm no fool to the tech industry no the crypto scene.

It'd arrogant of you to be so bold about technologies you know so little about. That ignorance is how you eventually get burned.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From there (following a large drop in the previous months) it went to $68000 or so in July. Today it is fairly stable (for bitcoin anyway; the volatility is still enough to do some nice arbitrage or short turnaround trades) around $20000 (having dipped underneath it a few times, not particularly relevant to much but is a key psychological number for some). Volumes as a function of cash are also down somewhat compared to earlier periods.
From https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/?period=7d
Screenshot_2022-09-01_23-40-43.png

Not dead but far from good if you are expecting growth, many have begun to note it tracks the risk on assets and tech markets reasonably closely as well which again is not great for those expecting the crazy growth.
The XRP altcoing peddled routinely by said same for comparison.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/xrp
Screenshot_xrp.png

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
what are you even talking about? How will I get burned without ever spending a dime?

Maybe read what I said when you’re not drunk…
You may not be what burns, but rather the chips in your GPU in the next couple of years or so if you keep at it with your stupid "dogecoin". By then it'll all probably be worth less than a few cents. Then what, Mr. Never-Spend-a-Dime?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may not be what burns, but rather the chips in your GPU in the next couple of years or so if you keep at it with your stupid "dogecoin". By then it'll all probably be worth less than a few cents. Then what, Mr. Never-Spend-a-Dime?
Perhaps you missed the part where the GPU was purchased with the coin, and that I don't even do the pool thing anymore, hence forgetting that I had a wallet full of them until years later.

So then what? I still wouldn't have spent a dime on it. Why are you even in this part of the forums? You're clearly clueless.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With Bitcoin, I learned the hard way that greed will indeed make you lose your money.

Making profits slowly (very slowly) is the best approach that worked for me. Be patient, consider time as your ally.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I agree bitcoin is really falling and will fall again!
With CBDC going live, people will either agree to have their money controlled or start using cash and/or the Crypto currencies out there.

I'm not giving up on BTC or BAT as that governmental digital coin is going to be a nightmare and we'll need alternatives. Neither should people give up on cash although there are stores which stupidly don't accept it anymore and that's very troubling.

Should also have some silver and gold, if possible.

That's from the TV show "Tulsa King" season 1, episode 2.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one