Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
What is this, "tease your new game announcement" week? Both Irrational Games and id Software are making new announcements later today, and now Hideo Kojima has also tweeted that a "big announcement" is planned for the weekend. And of course, he made the tease in his typically mystifying Kojima way.

"Typhoon 4. It looks like it won't have an effect on the weekend. Thank goodness! However, my health is bad. Prior to TGS, we'll have a big announcement (?) on Saturday or Sunday, so I must recover," the tweet reads (via Andriasang). However, before your imagination runs wild, you might want to temper your expectations at least a little bit. A follow up tweet from Kojima then clarified, "[Zone of the Enders 3] and so forth -- it's not that big an announcement. However, I think you will be happy."

So it's not going to be ZOE3, but the "and so forth" raises a few questions -- by "so forth," does that also mean we shouldn't expect Kojima to reveal any other new game project he's hinted about recently, including his supposedly "taboo" title? Then again, if this announcement has anything to do with what's coming at Tokyo Game Show, as Kojima's first tweet seems to suggest, then there was also that recent rumor that he'd reveal a "massive PS3 exclusive that will own the show." However, the thought of such a huge game (if it even does indeed exist) being announced over an otherwise meaningless weekend instead of being saved for TGS seems unlikely.

But who knows, maybe the announcement will just be confirmation of the new adventure game Kojima is apparently working on with 5pb CEO Chiyomaru Shikura? We'll find out this weekend.

Source

Seeing all the recent disappointing announcements we've had I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its been 7 years, just announce it already
at least give us something to look forward to even if they didnt even start it yet

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's going to be policenauts, I think.

Kojima stated many times that he was between making a MGS5 and a Adventur game, so it's not gonna be MGS related.

ZOE3 development has been slowed down, and it's not come so early.

Policenauts is a game that has made many appearances in his games, like MGS1-4, and since it was a game he wanted to make since some time ago, that's my bet.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The announcement will be another announcement of an announcement.

EDIT: I forgot to say something about Nathan poopyhead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1