Kojima Productions is allegedly in talks with Microsoft to publish their next game

kojima prod.PNG

Hideo Kojima is no stranger to pulling stunts to announce his games. He had an elaborate plan to create a fictional Swedish company, Moby Dick Studio, and used a bandaged actor to pose as the game director for an interview; all to tease a new game which turned out to be Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Similarly, he hid the real protagonist of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty from game trailers only for players to discover that they will be playing as Raiden for the majority of the game.

So when Abandoned was announced as a PS5-exclusive game from an unheard Dutch company with a fittingly dead (or shall we say, abandoned?) website, it wouldn't be surprising for fans to think that the game is actually being developed by Kojima Productions. However, since this theory erupted, Blue Box Studios' website rose from the ashes, writing that 'We will be right back!' and shared a post addressing the Kojima rumors:

rumors.PNG

This was corroborated by Jeff Grubb on Venture Beat who wrote that "the biggest piece of evidence I have that Abandoned is not a Kojima joint is that Kojima is in talks with Microsoft about publishing his next game, according to a source familiar with the matter". He also writes that Xbox's Phil Spencer hinted at this potential deal during a recent stream where he had a statue of Kojima Production's mascot, Ludens, next to the Xbox Logo.

While it's not confirmed whether Xbox closed the deal yet, Jeff Grubb writes that "Kojima is the focus of a Microsoft plan to leverage Japanese talent". Of course, these news should be taken with more than a grain of salt but if it turns out to be true, it would be an interesting development since Hideo Kojima has favored PlayStation platforms for his games in the past. Maybe this potentially Xbox-exclusive game could be a timed exclusive like Death Stranding was which released on PCs less than a year after being available on PS4. Would you like to see an Xbox-first game from Kojima Productions?

:arrow: SOURCE

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like Sony is getting arrogant again, it hasnt hurt them much yet but it will if they dont smarten up. They are dropping Japanese devs, being more and more anti consumer, misleading customers and people are noticing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The way Microsoft is creating their ecosystem right now I'm genuinely concerned the PS5 generation might be a poor one.
Last time Sony got caught being arrogant they started pumping out good first party games, so lets see how it goes.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sony already have Santa Monica and Naughty Dog so they don't really care about anything else anymore.
People are quitting Naughty Dog like crazy, I feel like Last of Us 2 is the first sign of their downfall. It was still a good game, but its got a ton of problems. The media still acted like it was the best game of the year, but we know how that works. Once people arent amazed with their cut scenes and animation, they will focus more on their gameplay flaws and story flaws.

Sony can pay off the media to elevate a game, and even over praise a flawed game, but they cant fool people for long with just marketing. I saw the same signs with bioware, but hopefully naughty dog doesn't sink so far.

I also have to note I dont trust any mainstream review of a sony published game, sony and their studios put way too much focus on metacritic scores and some of their scores dont match user reception even a little.

Last edited by kevin corms,

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I was responding to your post saying "Exclusivity is stupid no matter how you look at it.".

My point is that they use it for a reason.
I got that, but my point was that i don't care for their reasons, cause I am a customer and as one its incredibly stupid.
Same how region block is stupid FROM A CUSTOMER perspective ofc. Why would i look at it differently. Customers are the ones playing, so they should be able to play without stupid restrictions like those.

As for reason..yeah, everything in life happens for a reason, we agree on that.. but it's irrelevant for human experience, same as exclusivity and region blocks is irrelevant for gamer experience.

So yeah...gamer's experience is more important here imo.
We are the ones playing those games (or not).
Sadly these days its about everything BUT the games and gamers so...yeah. It kinda alwasy was but it was more before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol