• Total voters

Garmo

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i'm already up to date with windows, but i did perform a healthy restart, upon restarting i retried and got the same error, while expirementing with the optional updates to find out which might be causing the problem, basically using the brute force method, it eventually worked. i wish i could come here and tell you what was causing that repeated error, but i got nothing, thanks for actually continuing to follow this thread XFlak, most people give up after a few months, happy 3rd birthday this thread. how shall we celebrate?

amigaengine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just wanted to say thanks been lurking around this thead for awhile and finally got around to using the Modmii package and it works perfectly and most importantly was easy to use :yaysp:

Wanted to ask if there is a detailed way of getting Gamecube games to work just as easily from a hardrive ?

Once again big thanks to all involved

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
for gamecube usb loading u can use either dios mios or devolution. devolution just requires the app be launched from the HBC, no special caveats except you'll have to rip your GC games using devolution once before being able to use it off the HDD as they get ripped differently than standard ripping tools like cleanrip. For dios mios u just need to install an alternate MIOS, and use an updated usb loader to support it, like latest revs of wiiflow, cfg usb loader and neogamma (I think).

amigaengine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for gamecube usb loading u can use either dios mios or devolution. devolution just requires the app be launched from the HBC, no special caveats except you'll have to rip your GC games using devolution once before being able to use it off the HDD as they get ripped differently than standard ripping tools like cleanrip. For dios mios u just need to install an alternate MIOS, and use an updated usb loader to support it, like latest revs of wiiflow, cfg usb loader and neogamma (I think).

Thank you for the fast reply ! This devolution sounds like the trick as i am not keen on installing or messing with mios stuff. matter of fact if it wasnt for Bootmii would have never got this done by myself lol.

Is there a guide on how to get that on the HBC ?

itrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
missed that bit, sorry. Well, there are people who can fix your Wii for u, namely DeadlyFoez, but he's in the states... and unfortunately I'm not sure if there's someone capable closer to you.
So you are saying that there is no other way? Isn't there any other way to reset Wii?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
without gamecube ports you can't do anything with priiloader; you should be able to sync your wiimotes from the main wii system menu, and for some reason you can't... but I can assure you it's not because of any softmods you did following ModMii's instructions. Unfortunately softmodding your Wii voided your warranty, and now you probably can't get it repaired by ninty for what sounds like legitimate hardware failure. There's probably plently of local places you could get your BT repaired (which is what I think the problem is, granted I'm not 100% sure, but its my best guess)

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
itrost, try clean the WiiMotes register in your Wii.
At Health screen, hold sync button for 30sec. this will clear all wiimotes registered.
then, try sync your wiimote again.
I hope this can solve your problem.

Jordanws

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi folks,

softmodded my Wii ages ago using an exploit through the mailbox (the bomb in the mailbox... it was so long ago I honestly can't remember the details). I've got HBC, and both my wii and HBC are updated fully. I've been using it just for emulators so far, but I'm tired of how unstable the n64 emulator is, and really want to play Zelda again! So I'm trying to dive into the world of WADs and whatnot, and frankly, I'm pretty overwhelmed. I'm wondering if I should just revert my wii (if such a thing is possible) and start over with bootmii? If I were to do so, is there any way to keep the saved games and miis that are on the wii now? Or can I use bootmii to install another ios without altering my current setup?

I've tried just installing WAD Manager 1.7, but it hangs on the default ios (249 I think), and I haven't the foggiest idea on how to install another ios without starting over from scratch with modmii. anyone out there want to help out a relative noob to this area of modding? I've dug through a LOT of forums, and I'm usually pretty competent at this kind of stuff (done lots of jailbreaking and android rooting, etc), but this is a whole other language that seems to be eluding me.

Thanks in advance!

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
So you are saying that there is no other way? Isn't there any other way to reset Wii?

yo have powered donw the system totally for 1 min or so and you have tried resetting the wiimotes memory ( hold wiimotes sync button on wii for 30 seconds) and tried re-syncing your wiimotes whilst there is no game disc or memory card inserted ???

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
XFlak
you ever thought of doing a separate option for WiiU or a ModMiiU

just to save hassle between all these versions of everything?
Probably only if someone were to donate a WiiU to me and ask I take on such a project, otherwise it may take a couple years for me to get involved in the WiiU scene (if ever)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far