Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The softmod process doesn't touch your gamesaves, so it's possible the gamesave was missing before doing the nand backup. You can recover your wii to the state of its nand backup by restoring it from the bootmii menu. You will like have to repeat the remainder of the softmod process (from the step of creating the nand backup), which isn't a big deal cuz it's super simple\fast. Alternatively, u can extract your nand's filesystem using showmiiwads or giantpune's nand extractor, and from there you can then extract your gamesave and install it using savegamemanager gx

Marcio Jr.

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The softmod process doesn't touch your gamesaves, so it's possible the gamesave was missing before doing the nand backup. You can recover your wii to the state of its nand backup by restoring it from the bootmii menu. You will like have to repeat the remainder of the softmod process (from the step of creating the nand backup), which isn't a big deal cuz it's super simple\fast. Alternatively, u can extract your nand's filesystem using showmiiwads or giantpune's nand extractor, and from there you can then extract your gamesave and install it using savegamemanager gx

Great!
Well, unfortunately I cannot be 100% sure that I have my savegames perfect before the Modmii execution, 'cause I didn't check it just before running it. So, I will check those tools you mention (showmiiwads and giantpune) and if I think it is possible I'll try to recover the Mariokart savegames.
Maybe, someone touched my savegames and I didn't noticed ... How can I be sure!?!!

Thanks a lot for you fast reply.
Regards.

PS. can you please help me (or giving me a link with instructions) using those tools?
I already downloaded ShowMiiWads 1.4 and I'm checking this website: http://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager-gx/downloads/list for SaveGameManagerGX but I don't know what to download. There are just too many things. Am I suppose to download the .DOL file and put it on the SDCard?
Any further help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

Marcio Jr.

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
both of the tools you mention in your "PS" can be found on ModMii Classic's download page 2, and here's a decent tutorial
http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/3171-NAND-Gamesave-Restore

Great,
thanks a lot once again. Very very helpful!
I think I already figured out the problem. Looks like the ISO on the USB is a different version (different game ID) than the disc I used to play. I will make sure, then let you know my results.
Anyone, very important getting more knowledge about NAND backups and restores.

Regards.

Shade_Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a new Laptop and for some reason, I am unable to install ModMii to my compter. Keep saying "Installation Failed. Check internet and firewall settings and try again." I am connected to the internet and my firewall settings were off when I did the installation. Why can I not install ModMii onto my computer?

Nevermind, apparently a restart to my Laptop did the trick. Weird but it's installed. Sorry for the bother.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run ModMii... I don't get the option to choose which version of Neek2o I want to run... this Wiiflow is having some issues with my GC games.

Any way around this?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here is a video of me building the nand. As you can see.. It doesnt.

so the next step would be ,if you have it. put your anti virus to sleep. i know some of them can cause modmii not to build a nand. ( this is from personal experience.)then erase all the nand stuff that was saved to the folders.(usb/sd). an start over.( IMPO put your anti virus to sleep for 10 min, not that it will take that long.)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that the nand is not building.. It's that I don't get a choice of what nand to build.
so when you get to the screen that lets you choose 4.1-4.3 or are you talking about neek/neek20. cause both of those are different. ( an if i'm wrong on this part xflak can beat me like a red headed step child.). modmii builds neek2o by default. if you want it changed you'll need to set that in the options screen.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pick your poison. http://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/list

now all the hard work is done. try to be a little more clear next time.
:rolleyes: damn Canadians. lazy as hell. hey.wait for it. laughing my ass off at Robin Sparkles!

Thats great an all.. But I don't know how to build a sneek.. Thus I am using ModMii.. and thus my problem of not being able to choose the version.. which everyone keeps saying I should be able to.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats great an all.. But I don't know how to build a sneek.. Thus I am using ModMii.. and thus my problem of not being able to choose the version.. which everyone keeps saying I should be able to.
(slaps palm to forehead.)
ok so dude (if i may call you that.) neek/neek20 or sneek? all three are different.
If your wanting neek2o modmii will build it.
step 1 start modmii.
step 2 main page/ S for the sneek page.
step 3 choose 1 Sneek installation.
step 4 and again youll choose the version you want. (v64-v96).
then to the follow the rest of Modmii.
this is the easy way. sorry I'm having trouble with your youtube vid. even full screen i can't really see what your answers are to the question modmii is asking.
but if this isn't working.( i know it is with the latest updated version.). then you'll need to download that.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.. You may call me Dude.. I don't mind.. But watch the video.. I don't get step 4.. I don't get the option to choose V64-V96. That's the problem.

And the problem is.. Even if I download it.. How do I turn it into Neek/neek2o?

Edit *sorry.. missed where you said you couldn't see the video.* But yeah... I never get step 4.

I think I got it fixed.. Not sure what is wrong though.. but I ran ModMii of an external HDand it works fine now.. .Even on my regular PC.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
7 seconds into your video you select option #2, to just build an emulated nand. If you want to build neek2o AND build an emulated nand, you should choose option #3. If you just want to build neek2o (because maybe you already have an emulated nand), you can choose option #1. Choosing either option #1 or option #3 will allow you to choose what rev of neek2o to construct.

This is not a bug in ModMii, but rather a end-user failure to read onscreen instructions ( but no hard feelings ;) )... either that or you somehow got it in your head that an emulated NAND includes neek2o, which is not true.

Also, the version of ModMii you're using is outdated, you should allow ModMii to do it's automatic updates, and if you disabled that option, enable it long enough to update.

As shortz mentioned, if you want to build the original neek instead of neek2o, you need to change this in the options page. That doesn't seem to be your issue, but helpful info none the less.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes.. You may call me Dude.. I don't mind.. But watch the video.. I don't get step 4.. I don't get the option to choose V64-V96. That's the problem.

And the problem is.. Even if I download it.. How do I turn it into Neek/neek2o?

Edit *sorry.. missed where you said you couldn't see the video.* But yeah... I never get step 4.

I think I got it fixed.. Not sure what is wrong though.. but I ran ModMii of an external HDand it works fine now.. .Even on my regular PC.
If i may butt in here, you choose 2 instead of 1 on the sneek installation page...that only builds....the nand.
You could also have chosen option 3, that builds the nand AND compiles a neek2o version.
Ninja'd by the boss himself.. ;)

Reactions: XFlak

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i just used modmii for the first time (i've used wiihacks to install homebrew on past wiis) shut off wii connect, inserted the sd, loaded all the files to the sd from copy to sd folder, clicked the pink bomb in yesterday from calender on wii message. now the tv went black should i shut off the wii and retry?

hard reset wii, retried the pink bomb and installed everything correctly with no issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus