• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm curious, what cIOS does ModMii install when I use the softmod option in the wizard? I'm wondering if there's a better one to install than what ModMii installs or if MM already installs the latest d2x by default, and what stubs it uses.
It installs the latest d2x by default. You can get beta d2x versions from the download pages if you want; though. I think it installs v8 base 56 and v8 base 57 by default in slot 249 and 250, although I'm not sure which one goes where. It also installs some hermes cIOSs. (222,223,224)

Reactions: 1 person

hards

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing that's either the Indiana Pwns or Return of the Jodi exploit, neither of those support SDHC cards.
thanks for the reply i have used Indiana Pwns before with hacking a wii console but never seen this error before , but as the 4.3e is chipped i have formatted and updated the drive and it works fine on backups

hards

Trophies
XP
Country
were you using the same exploit each time?
thanks for your reply when i used modmii i downloaded the files to the system eg: 4.2e 4.3e for each wii console , although 1 wii is 4.1 the files for 4.2 workeded fine even the files for 4.2 worked , but when i downloaded the files for 4.3e and put them on the same sd card i got the error that i posted , after i managed to get homebrew on when it was time to install bootmii it would not install bootmii as bootmii 2, so at the moment although 4.3 is chipped anyway i have formatted and updated the console and all backups work fine ,
this is what it says on insturctions eg: An SD card formatted to FAT32 required (best results are with SD cards, SDHC cards will only work on System Menu's 4.0 or above.... so i dont understand why 1 card will work and yet another card will not unless it is a faulty card as all cards have been formatted to fat thanks

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
were you using the same exploit each time?
thanks for your reply when i used modmii i downloaded the files to the system eg: 4.2e 4.3e for each wii console , although 1 wii is 4.1 the files for 4.2 workeded fine even the files for 4.2 worked , but when i downloaded the files for 4.3e and put them on the same sd card i got the error that i posted , after i managed to get homebrew on when it was time to install bootmii it would not install bootmii as bootmii 2, so at the moment although 4.3 is chipped anyway i have formatted and updated the console and all backups work fine ,
this is what it says on insturctions eg: An SD card formatted to FAT32 required (best results are with SD cards, SDHC cards will only work on System Menu's 4.0 or above.... so i dont understand why 1 card will work and yet another card will not unless it is a faulty card as all cards have been formatted to fat thanks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

hards

Trophies
XP
Country
For 4.2 or less, the bannerbomb exploit is used. For 4.3, a different exploit must be used, either a disc-based exploit or wilbrand\letterbomb. Different exploits may have slightly different SD card compatibility.
thanks for the reply, the game which was used was LEGO Indiana Jones and for some reason it did not like the sd card

hards

Trophies
XP
Country
"for some reason" was already explained twice, that exploit does not work with SDHC cards.
please advise on what card this is as this is the one i am useing thanks
DSCN0313.jpg
DSCN0313.jpg

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's not the card you said you were using...
hi i am useing this program and managed to sort out 2 wiis 4.1e and 4.2e but when trying to do another wii which is 4.3e i get a error up we have tried 2 different 4gb sd cards and no difference it keeps saying there is no sd card and someting about a code thanks

Reactions: 2 people

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
That's not the card you said you were using...
hi i am useing this program and managed to sort out 2 wiis 4.1e and 4.2e but when trying to do another wii which is 4.3e i get a error up we have tried 2 different 4gb sd cards and no difference it keeps saying there is no sd card and someting about a code thanks
Hence why I love you at times.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with -demodding- or installing the latest wii shop channel on my wii.. does this mod do that? I originally posted the question on the "Ask" board and they recommended ModMii. Since I couldn't respond on that topic, I figured I would post here.

http://gbatemp.net/q...nel-wii-console

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes, it can help u update your shop channel. When running the ModMii wizard, it will ask about installing wii channels, select yes, then select the shop channel. If that's ALL you want to install, tell ModMii your wii is already modded (so it doesn't get you to repeat the general softmod steps). It doesn't take long to repeat an entire softmod, so if you haven;t upgraded in awhile, or suspect u originally softmodded your wii using an inferior guide, I recommend you just re-do your entire softmod. To update the shop channel, it will take u

bromhexine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm visitting canada (ntsc) from europe (pal) overseas (airplane) just wondering if modmii has something built in that'll help me easily switch to the ntsc system while im there or perhaps an easy dual nand boot of sorts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.