Ōkami!
OP
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, the site is not my work, but *Legion*'s, and I'm in no way connected. *Legion* wrote an 11 page PSP Hacking Guide that gives a great introduction to the world of PSP hacking. I must say that it's a great read, very clear and informative and way better than all of those so called 'noob friendly' tutorials that don't explain what exactly happens or even omit critical information like saying that msipl.exe won't run on Windows Vista.

Anyway, here's the link, thought I'd post it because it'll greatly help newcomers to the PSP 'scene' (like me):

*Legion*'s PSP Hacking Guide

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I just have to second this, I knew most of it thanks to going around and reading guides, but being all in one place, that's just an awesome guide. I did indeed walk away with quite a few new homebrew/utilities in the end as well.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's a really nice guide. Well written, organized, and informative.

Kudos to the author, and thanks for linking to it jelbo.
grog.gif

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's about time, THIS is exactly what I needed! I am so glad I didn't start hacking my psp before I read this, because this is a lot more detailed then I thought. Now if only my damn battery from consoleshop.com would get here.....

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
great tut yeah especialy the part with making eboot thing out of PSX isos is interesting i think ...
so i can really just take any psx game i want and make eboot file to be able to play it on the PSP wihtou any problems ?

and i don't know if i missed it or not but there are still several questions not answered i think ...
not really hacking related maybe ... but how about using mp3 ? does that work ? (abusing the psp as mp3 player)
and how about cheating ? i read something about a homebrew to cheat in psp games ?

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help, Im having problem with one part. When I do the whole start/run thing and then put the mspformat.exe thing there, plus my psp drive letter (e), it doesn't work it says: "Cannot open logical drive". I followed everything exactly, I am so frustrated. I tried this and ediblebird's guide, and Im having different problems with both

jelbo

Ōkami!
OP
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
solange82200, maybe you're using Vista? I haven't used *Legion*'s guide to hack my PSP, so yeah.

There's more stuff that could be added to the guide, especially how .prx plugins work. Youkai, try CWCheat, it\s a great little plugin that can download updated cheat databases and do cool little things beside cheats like taking screenshots, adjusting CPU speed on the fly and display FPS/CPU usage in a small OSD. Highly interesting stuff.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
great tut yeah especialy the part with making eboot thing out of PSX isos is interesting i think ...
so i can really just take any psx game i want and make eboot file to be able to play it on the PSP wihtou any problems ?

and i don't know if i missed it or not but there are still several questions not answered i think ...
not really hacking related maybe ... but how about using mp3 ? does that work ? (abusing the psp as mp3 player)
and how about cheating ? i read something about a homebrew to cheat in psp games ?

For PSX games, there is often times problems running games under certain firmware versions because they have different versions of POPS. Use the homebrew Popsloader to load different versions of POPS for the best compatibility for different games.

For a wiki on compatibility of games:
http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title...patibility_List

Using the PSP as an mp3 player: Just put your .mp3 files into the MUSIC folder on the root of your memory stick.
You can also use a prx that allows you to play music while playing games.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I figured out what happened, it was my laptop, since I don't have admin rights it wouldn't format the memory stick when creating the magic memory stick. I finally got it working. One thing missing from this guide, is that when I finally got the firmware on, I went to play my ISO's and CSO's, and it kept saying that it wouldnt play the game. I had to do a search to find out that i had to go into config settings and change it to "No UMD" or something like that. Unless it's just me and some kind of fluke, but none of the games played until I did that. Thanks everyone for all your help!

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been researching for like a month or more but, then I saw this thread. It makes it so easy. There are so many different ways of installing cfw its so confusing so its awesome having everything consolidated in one guide. I just used this tutorial to install cfw on my friends psp (still havent decided if I'm gonna get one yet but probably won't), and do some other stuff. I can't believe how smoothly it went, worked first time. It took like 30 mins.

Thank you so much for linking this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1