XP
Country

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seeing as i already have 2 wii's, i feel safe in just going rambo jesus on the vWii.

just remember not to use anything made for the wii, and only things specifically for the vWii. personally hacking a wii has much more room to play with than the vWii right at this moment.

Oh and just remember that it voids the warranty on your new Wii U if you continue.

drakkenshire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Modifying vWii System Menu in any way will brick your wiimode.
Modifying title 1-512 will break all channel/title loading, games should still work though.
Modifying title 1-513 'should' do nothing since it is only used to load the Dragon Quest X game.

And don't even think about installing priiloader!
Good to know, i almost jumped into installing priiloader

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow stopped working!!! Black screen, error screen crash:-( I switched to gx loader and it works perfectly now. I have a USB self powered enclosure though. wiiflow worked well until the last two days. I did update Wii U since it last worked. Makes no sense though and after switching, boom, it works again.

KhX-3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only vWii

try this if you're planning on softmodding
http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/
and install cIOS236
you should have no issues as long as you obtain the correct files.
just make sure everything has a full download.

I should point out from personal experience this is not true, anymore. Well... kind of not true.

You CAN damage your Wii U, not JUST your vWii. I have (stupidly) done this, and am currently very upset about it.

Without thinking, one of the first thing I did, after HBC having issues installing a wad, I installed the REGULAR Wii IOS58, on the vWii, backed out of the wad manager and screwed everything up. Not just did I remove my capability to run HBC anymore, or ever mod the vWii again...

But the brand new Firmware Update that just came out WILL detect if your IOS's have been tampered with in any way, and will cause your firmware update to be completely uninstallable via Error 162-0002, with NO WAY to fix this. Meaning that the eShop, and all discs that require a firmware update will no longer function, making your Wii U in itself almost completely useless. I have just basically suffered a total loss of $350 for my Wii U and all related purchases in just one week by doing so. Nintendo is completly and utterly unwilling to help, so you can be screwed over now. Very easily screwed over.

The new firmware update can and will block your Wii U from functioning anymore, if the slightest thing like a a vWii IOS is out of place. I can attest to that, now. -_-

drdreh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did softmod yesterday, after 4.02U, and worked fine.
But in a future update, how will it work?
Perhaps removing the homebrew and cIOS, and then upgrade Wii U?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys ... I'm confused now :S I have the homebrew channel and dx cios 249, 250 and 251 installed plus 3 forwarder on my vwii ... what should I do to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.2? Thx

KhX-3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U mode shouldn't affect vWii or vice versa when it updates.

Well, earlier, it did for me. Sort of. But only if your IOS's are messed up. Particularly IOS58. The problem was that I had a messed up IOS58 that I mistakenly updated with the Wii version beforehand, and when the Wii U update came up later, I got Error Code 162-0002, not letting me update, no matter how many times I tried. Leaving the update uninstallable, and eShop unaccessible, ect.

I had to actually go through a bunch of steps that the guys here helped me out on to go fix IOS58 and restore it to the proper vWii version of it. Suddenly, as soon as I did that, the Firmware Update worked like a charm. So, clearly, for me at least, it affected something.

However, the thing is, from what I can tell, I think the firmware update CHECKS the vWii system when it updates, even if it doesn't write or change anything. That's the only way I can explain how my screwed up IOS58 was getting in the way of the firmware update until I fixed it and then it immediately worked.

Now, I'm not 100% sure on that being exactly the case, as I don't exactly know the inner workings of what 4.02U does, but apparently, a discrepancy in the IOS was enough to tell it "Nope, you're not doin' this update." just based on what I can tell happened here.

Now this is speculation, but I have a theory about what caused my problem at the time. Before it installs the update it "prepares" the update. Maybe during that "preparation", it's just scanning to make sure everything is in place.

But I really don't think anyone should have the same problem as I did, anyway. My difficulty came about because I blatantly did something that was dumb and is advised not to do in the first place. I have a feeling that most people will be fine as long as they make sure NOT to do that. I don't think cIOS, or anything else should impede the update. Just a crucial, semi-brick that got in the way.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
Any way to install the dark theme on vWii? And how can I apply my priiloader hacks (like region free, move disc channel,...)?

you can't. Priiloader does not work on vWii and the System Menu is encrypted preventing any priiloader hacks from working in the first place and prevents theming the system menu. replacing the system menu with a non encrypted one from a normal Wii to get around this WILL BRICK vWii.

DO NOT install premade system menu theme WADs (these are unencryped normal wii ones and WILL BRICK vWii)
DO NOT install priiloader, you WILL BRICK vWii.
DO NOT install wii versions of IOSs. DO NOT update IOSs using stuff like DOP-Mii or else you could BRICK vWii. in fact, DO NOT touch them at all. (this includes WADs of IOSs)

DO install the correct vWii compatible version of D2X cIOS, NOT the Wii one, NOT any others like Hermes.

I think I covered it all so you will not go out and brick your vWii mode.

Reactions: Keylogger

Fr3akGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't. Priiloader does not work on vWii and the System Menu is encrypted preventing any priiloader hacks from working in the first place and prevents theming the system menu. replacing the system menu with a non encrypted one from a normal Wii to get around this WILL BRICK vWii.

DO NOT install premade system menu theme WADs (these are unencryped normal wii ones and WILL BRICK vWii)
DO NOT install priiloader, you WILL BRICK vWii.
DO NOT install wii versions of IOSs. DO NOT update IOSs using stuff like DOP-Mii or else you could BRICK vWii. in fact, DO NOT touch them at all. (this includes WADs of IOSs)

DO install the correct vWii compatible version of D2X cIOS, NOT the Wii one, NOT any others like Hermes.

I think I covered it all so you will not go out and brick your vWii mode.
I did by accident. Is there any way to UNBRICK it without taking it to Nintendo??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: