Hacking Basic Do's and Do NOT's of vWii modding

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I would not use that program, because if you don't know what are you deleting, you might brick your vWii, don't delete IOS or something like that, I would use the System menu channel deleter.

The problem is these channels can't be deleted using the System Menu.

Is there an alternative to AnyTitle Deleter? Or are all programs about as equally dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. (I know the difference between IOS, channels, etc)

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have deleted the wii menu manual like three times, anytime you get a system update it will reinstall it. I used wiimod lite to delete it but any title deleter mod works too.
Lol, don't use it, leave it alone. Sounds like it was safe though (to delete).

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, using and homebrew to delete a channel that can be deleted with the regular "delete" button in the Wii native menu is quiete surprising... It was designed to be used...

zruben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there.

I'm having a very functional vWii (backup loaders, emulators, etc...), and now I can't update to 4.0.3... it gives me the error 162-0002
I've read in other sources that it might be related to ios installed... and there are people suggesting to delete ios's like 15, 36, 38 and 58... I'm kinda noob with this, but that sounded a little dangerous to me.

Is there any known solution to the 162-0002 error that I can do with MMM or something like that?

Thanks in advance guys, and sorry for my blunt english.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get my vWii bricked somehow, will Wii U mode be bricked also?

Dude, first post of the thread

Now do keep in mind though, if you DO brick your WiiMode vWii, Wii U mode will still function fine, you will just no longer have any Wii Backwards Compatibility though. But still, hopefully this still does not happen to you.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, Do I need to dig out my wii and updates it's hacks to hack a wii u's vwii mode? I don't see a guide on gbatemp for modding the wii mode of the wii u.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's as easy, except you need a specific retail game instead of a system menu exploit.
Not everything works like the wii, for example priiloader is not possible and installing it will brick your wii. themes are not possible, IOS versions are specific for WiiU, etc.
but the overall method is the same: exploit > install HBC > done
alternatively:
- install cIOS > use usbloaders
- patch IOS80 (more dangerous than all previous steps) > play Wiiware games installed with wad managers stored on your SD card.

DonkulousPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I've made a bit of a mistake :( Basically I was trying to figure out why some of my WiiU apps like Wiisx weren't working so I decided to reinstall ios 58. I located it with Blue dump, turned it into a wad and installed it. Everything seemed ok until I discovered my homebrew channel was upsidedown and backwards!! I tried reinstalling homebrew but this didn't help so I uninstall the wad. Of course this made everything worse. Now I can't even access homebrew or my usb loaders...no things bricked...yet. I'm trying desperately to figure out how to reinstall ios 58 without HBC. Anyone have any ideas? Can I reinstall my Nandi?

Anything you guys could do would be appreciated. If anything I guess this is a shining example of what not to do, and it might help others to add this story to the OP.

Haan a alp

DonkulousPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd
Diid you back up IOS58? No? Use google to find vWii IOS 58.

If you did, use same method you used to install Wii IOS 58 with vWii IOS 58.
Thanks for the reply :). I'd love to but I can't execute any home brew. The channels are there, except USB loader, but they just keep looping me back to the vwii menu. I can't reinstall home brew or use any of the loaders on the menu...there just doesn't seem to be a way of reinstalling iOS 58 :(

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd
Thanks for the reply :). I'd love to but I can't execute any home brew. The channels are there, except USB loader, but they just keep looping me back to the vwii menu. I can't reinstall home brew or use any of the loaders on the menu...there just doesn't seem to be a way of reinstalling iOS 58 :(

Try loading the wad installer through an exploit (smash stack)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yes? Interesting way to get Hi