Hacking Basic Do's and Do NOT's of vWii modding

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you answer my previous post?

could you reword it a little differently?

"Void it because of the brick or/and the channel."

Void what exactly?
I mentioned future updates possibly deleting the Homebrew Channel and Patching the Exploit used to Install it.
I am not sure what is "voided"
and what brick are you referring to? I never mentioned a brick at all.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

Void what exactly?
I mentioned future updates possibly deleting the Homebrew Channel and Patching the Exploit used to Install it.
warenty

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Void what exactly?

Will installing the channel void my warranty or were you just referring to a bricking of wiimode?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will installing the channel void my warranty or were you just referring to a bricking of wiimode?

technically, yes, your console's warranty will be voided and Nintendo will either fix it if they do not notice it or more likely, Charge you for repairing the Wii U since it has no Warranty. they could also ship it back to you and refuse to fix it.
--------------------------
I was referring to Nintendo Deleting the Homebrew Channel and patching the exploit to Install it in a future update. depending on how Nintendo does this, it *could* brick WiiMode but would be very unlikely.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to install Check Mii Out Channel and such on the vWii. I've read somewhere that others got to do it. If so which APP do I use?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use WiiFlow for WiiWare/VC game cheats? Sorry, this will be my first time using WiiFlow...

click on a game->click on options->ocarina
there should be a button to download codes->click it
once its done, choose which code(s) you want then click apply.
once you hit apply, ocarina should enable itself automatically.
run the game. enabled cheats should work now.

the best way to test if codes are working is to try one that is noticeable immediately.
for example, I used the allow Classic Controller code for Sonic 4 EP1. the game does not normally allow playing with the Classic Controller so having it work means the code worked.

NOTE:WiiFlow does not allow editing codes so any codes that require specifying something manually will not work right.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to install Check Mii Out Channel and such on the vWii. I've read somewhere that others got to do it. If so which APP do I use?

It is safe to install the Check Mii Out Channel IF you do it right. I installed it myself (with help from Damysteryman's hint on zeroing out the Console ID on the Ticket)
BUT I would not recommend doing so without some experience with a HEX editor and Packing/Unpacking wads.
as you need to zero out the console ID on the ticket before you can Install the WAD.

Since the Check Mii Out Channel is not downloadable via NUS. you will need to dump your own from your Wii.
then Unpack it
then Zero Console ID on the ticket
then Pack Wad
then Install WAD via any vWii compatible WAD Manager.

I may make a thread later on how to Install channels such as the News,Check Mii Out,Everyone Votes, Internet Channel,Photo Channel 1.0, and the Wii Speak Channel correctly.
I will incorporate how to get the Everyone Votes and News Channel working via Enabling WiiConnect24+Standby Mode also. the Weather Channel does not work at all, neither does the Nintendo Channel.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
click on a game->click on options->ocarina
there should be a button to download codes->click it
once its done, choose which code(s) you want then click apply.
once you hit apply, ocarina should enable itself automatically.
run the game. enabled cheats should work now.

the best way to test if codes are working is to try one that is noticeable immediately.
for example, I used the allow Classic Controller code for Sonic 4 EP1. the game does not normally allow playing with the Classic Controller so having it work means the code worked.

NOTE:WiiFlow does not allow editing codes so any codes that require specifying something manually will not work right.

What do you mean by "require specifying something manually"? Can I enable/disable individual codes like I could through AccioHacks? Also, can I use the code lists I already downloaded through AccioHacks?

K Solis

KSS1992
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I Need some help lol but I want to say thank you for posting this because I actually used Dop-Mii in an attempt to install ios 236 and patched ios 80 on my vWii mode and it didnt go through because there was no trucha bug but I am assuming (hopefully correctly) that no damage has been done to my vWii mode because I have noticed zero change lol

What I have done that has worked is install the HBC via smash stack and installed wads of vc games and one wii ware game. All have been working well so far.

The thing I've been looking for all day is...how can I run my VC/Wii Ware Wads off of the SD Card???? (So as to save blocks on my vWii mode) When I try to do it it says failed to launch. For my regular wii I installed ios236 and then used dop mii to install the patched ios 80 (which patches the system menu I later learned) but as it would seem vWii mode is different and messing with the System Menu ios may be more risky than it would be with the regular wii.

BUT the weird thing is TWO of my wads (Mario Party 2 and Wario Ware DIY Showcase) ACTUALLY DO run off the SD Card (after being moved to the SD Card and no longer being present on the system itself) perfectly. Why only these two and not the rest lol...is there a way I can get the rest to play off my SD card in the vWii Mode?

gi5431

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I've just got a copy of lego batman and planning on installing the HBC. Eventually I want to use a usb loader and video player and i think HBC is the first step. I'm planning on following this guide -
Can anybody have a quick flick through the video and tell me if i'm good to go?
thx.

K Solis

KSS1992
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I know this might sound crazy but has anyone managed to safely patch the ios 80 so as to allow for wads to be played off the sd card?

K Solis

KSS1992
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OR is there any other way to do this besides wiiflow because that process doesn't work for alot of the games I want =/ (namely Zelda Majora's Mask and Paper Mario).

OR Better yet is there a way to patch wads to let them be played on the sd card lol why so difficult ahhh lol jk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: It's such a drag :sad: